follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2020, 11:56 PM   #15
a9entjones

Drives: MY13 86GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonrogs View Post
Small update.
Primary o2 has been swapped.
Cam sensors have all been swapped.
Issue remains.
Hi Tonrogs...

Wondering if you made any progress with this? I'm running a Sprintex 210 supercharger, ID1050x, DW300c on E85 and am having exactly the same issue on Ecutek. After one day of sitting, car is a pig to start.

Cheers....
a9entjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:33 AM   #16
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonrogs View Post
The built engine had this poor idle since the first start after I swapped it in. The turbo was installed at the same time as the built engine.

When you say built did they change the CR? low compression, E85 and cold are not good combinations.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 02:15 AM   #17
naviuk

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ and 2012 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Car starts on port injection only then it runs on port injection only for first minute or two.

Then it runs whats in the pi\di ratio tables

Im guessing that you have bigger port injectors. If these are scaled badly or injectpr latency is set up badly car will often idle rough for first couple of minutes till di injection stsrt being used as a lot of tuners run 100% di injection in po\di tables. But this wont fix the period between startup and when di kicks in.

As for the vvt if the car wont idle properly after a tune reflash for about a minute with no throttle input then ecu eont eeont enable vvt. At some point car needs to idle with zero throttle before vvt will engage.

Could also be a bunch of other issues

Check your DI compiter is bolted up to engine will all three bolts, if hthat box has no earth weird stuff happens

also check for vaccum leaks especially hoses on underside of manifold , if your boosted did you clamp them as if not they will blow off with boost

Hello all.

Did anyone get to a solution here? we having the same issue.

We have DW 900's as Port injectors and i have sent the Latency/dead time according to 3bar base pressure. I have been hunting around and cannot find a conclusive answer to what the base pressure is, logging the car with ecutek the Fuel pressure - PI (Bar) has zeros throughout the logs....

We having the same issue around nasty start and initial idle and as per Steve99 you can see the PI are at 100% for a period and then it flips over to DI.

at WOT it is fantastic and when you get going it is also good but occasionally idle is iffy at best and cold start is terrible.

i've removed the Close loop fueling Racerom addition to see what affect this will have if any.
naviuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 03:15 AM   #18
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naviuk View Post
Hello all.

Did anyone get to a solution here? we having the same issue.

We have DW 900's as Port injectors and i have sent the Latency/dead time according to 3bar base pressure. I have been hunting around and cannot find a conclusive answer to what the base pressure is, logging the car with ecutek the Fuel pressure - PI (Bar) has zeros throughout the logs....

We having the same issue around nasty start and initial idle and as per Steve99 you can see the PI are at 100% for a period and then it flips over to DI.

at WOT it is fantastic and when you get going it is also good but occasionally idle is iffy at best and cold start is terrible.

i've removed the Close loop fueling Racerom addition to see what affect this will have if any.
Fuel pressure from in tank pump is 60 psi or 4 bar, the low pressure in tank pump is not monitored no sensor only the di high pressure pump is monitored
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote