follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #11131
BlOody_BoOger

Drives: Hot lava FRS Monogram Charizard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
Whats ur plan after??

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I sold the car and bought a fiesta. With the car seat it was really impossible to have anyone sit in the passanger side. And it just wasn't practical anymore. I really hope though whoever buys it posts videos and stuff on YouTube or Instagram I wanna fallow their build.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
BlOody_BoOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 05:22 PM   #11132
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlOody_BoOger View Post
I sold the car and bought a fiesta. With the car seat it was really impossible to have anyone sit in the passanger side. And it just wasn't practical anymore. I really hope though whoever buys it posts videos and stuff on YouTube or Instagram I wanna fallow their build.

Oh.. this is why my car is not daily anymore lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 11:35 AM   #11133
Qwimby1

Drives: 14 FRS Monogram, 05 Mazdasped Miata
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Solenoid connection

Has anyone running an ESC encountered this problem? https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109444
Qwimby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 12:09 PM   #11134
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Nope
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 12:12 PM   #11135
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlOody_BoOger View Post

So how do you like the Fiesta?
It must be tough going from a twin ESC 86 to a Fiesta.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 12:37 PM   #11136
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
So how do you like the Fiesta?

It must be tough going from a twin ESC 86 to a Fiesta.
Honestly the power feels very similar right now. Currently I have the fiesta on bolt on's and e30. When I had the frs it was putting down 245whp and 235wtq (low end tq) and a redline the car was still putting down 230hp and 180tq so even though the boost would taper it didn't really feel as if it was loosing power. The driving is very different. Every time I got into the frs I felt like I was driving a real sports car I get in the fiesta and it just feels like a commuter but it does handle really good. The one thing I miss the most is 8yr old kids at target going "Woowwww look at that car" as I pass by the front of the store.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlOody_BoOger For This Useful Post:
WNDSRFR (02-27-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 03:06 PM   #11137
Qwimby1

I'm delighted with mine. I don't call on it often but it's comforting to know it's there if I need it. As good as this thing is, It's a shame they aren't available. Looking back over this thread for the past year or so, I count about 8 users, including our colleague with a fried controller and one who fell victim to California's car-hating bureaucracy. Is it true that only 200 were made, and does anyone have an idea about how many are on the road now? Maybe a registry?
Old 03-02-2022, 03:18 PM   #11138
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwimby1 View Post
I'm delighted with mine. I don't call on it often but it's comforting to know it's there if I need it. As good as this thing is, It's a shame they aren't available. Looking back over this thread for the past year or so, I count about 8 users, including our colleague with a fried controller and one who fell victim to California's car-hating bureaucracy. Is it true that only 200 were made, and does anyone have an idea about how many are on the road now? Maybe a registry?
I think only 40 we're made. But shiv and the guy building this had a wait-list of over 200 orders.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #11139
Qwimby1

I think a couple outfits are playing around with a new version but don't know much more. Then there's the Torkamp (or however it's spelled) but are any of them in actual use? And could it be a possible replacement compressor for a failed ESC one?
Old 03-02-2022, 03:30 PM   #11140
BlOody_BoOger

Yea just search torqamp hashtag on Instagram

Old 03-29-2022, 01:09 PM   #11141
BlOody_BoOger

Who here did the lithium conversion?

Old 04-09-2022, 08:57 PM   #11142
Qwimby1

Getting intermittent boost

It didn't seem to be kicking in sometimes, so I moved the gauge up to where I can see it now. I had several runs when the voltage started down from 28.5 but then came back to stay at 28.3. and not getting any boost. I had one good run and definitely was getting boost but I had to watch traffic so couldn't look at the gauge. When I got home I tried with ignition on, engine off. Ran fine and voltage dropped to 18.

Tomorrow I'm going to get down and check if the throttle activation switch is loose Don't know what else it might be.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:10 PM   #11143
Qwimby1

Quote:
It didn't seem to be kicking in sometimes, so I moved the gauge up to where I can see it now. I had several runs when the voltage started down from 28.5 but then came back to stay at 28.3. and not getting any boost. I had one good run and definitely was getting boost but I had to watch traffic so couldn't look at the gauge. When I got home I tried with ignition on, engine off. Ran fine and voltage dropped to 18.

Tomorrow I'm going to get down and check if the throttle activation switch is loose Don't know what else it might be.

The throttle switch is working and the compressor is definitely turning, but apparently producing no boost and drawing no current. The meter is so dim it's hard to read except at night.

I have an uncomfortable theory that I hope is wrong. It occurred to me that by activating it with the ignition off and no engine vacuum, back pressure could have damaged the compressor. Does anyone have any thoughts about that? I can't find any possible leaks anywhere. Perhaps I can hook a boost gauge to it to learn more.

If it is a damaged compressor, does anyone know a place that could repair it?
Old 04-10-2022, 07:01 PM   #11144
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
The throttle switch is working and the compressor is definitely turning, but apparently producing no boost and drawing no current. The meter is so dim it's hard to read except at night.

I have an uncomfortable theory that I hope is wrong. It occurred to me that by activating it with the ignition off and no engine vacuum, back pressure could have damaged the compressor. Does anyone have any thoughts about that? I can't find any possible leaks anywhere. Perhaps I can hook a boost gauge to it to learn more.

If it is a damaged compressor, does anyone know a place that could repair it?
Check the valve underneath the engine cover usually pops off under pressure.

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive