follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 10-13-2022, 01:56 PM   #15
Spektyr

Drives: GR86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
considering the tail lights on these vehicles are LED from the factory, if you're burning out bulbs, you've got the a car with the wrong badges on it!
I have LED bulbs in every fixture in the house. I hardly need to change them but I still do need to change them. Usually last for years, but the more reliable something is the greater the temptation to become complacent becomes.

Like I said, I'm professionally paranoid. Belt and suspenders type (figuratively, not literally). If an extra red light on the back of the car gives me a half a percent more chance someone hits their brakes in time to not plow into me, and it only costs me a few dozen bucks - AND it makes what looks like it ought to light up, light up... well that's probably something I'm going to do.

I watched up close as a young lady on her phone plowed into stopped traffic at 70mph, never touched the brakes. (First experience with serious braking conditions in the GR86.)

As a driver we have infinitely more control over the idiots ahead of us interacting with us than the ones behind. I can stop, swerve, generally avoid any stupidity happening ahead. But my ability to stop stupidity behind me is very limited.
Spektyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 01:30 PM   #16
Q8D

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAzure View Post
The complete OEM rear fog lamp housing, wiring harness, and switch kit is available from Japan. It's in the Subaru accessory catalog. Only problem is it's a mounted switch for RHD cars, rather than the stalk found in Gen1

It's not cheap, but if you have patience it can be had used & imported for a fraction of the price a few years down the line
Gulf-spec LHD 2nd gens come with the rear fog preinstalled and wired from factory. Not sure where the switch is located tho.
Q8D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Q8D For This Useful Post:
LRNAD90 (10-24-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 10:24 PM   #17
WeekendTrackWarrior

Drives: 2018 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektyr View Post
Probably because that's roughly the same position relative to the rear tires that Formula 1 has their brake light.

Yea I think it's an f1 thing to start but it also looks good if you ask me.
WeekendTrackWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WeekendTrackWarrior For This Useful Post:
Spektyr (10-24-2022)