follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 01-17-2020, 11:32 PM   #29
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_86 View Post
Thank you! I kinda figured this would probably be the case. I know some other cars get lucky with cheap eBay headers that work awesome. Who knows they could of fixed it since but until someone else orders it.
For the trouble, you're honestly better off spending a few hundred extra.

But.. if you are 'thrifty' (aka cheap as fuck), and are handy with a welder.. You're still better off spending extra for something nicer. It will work though, just not very well.

cowardice is the mother of cruelty.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:59 AM   #30
Mindyzevs

Drives: Toyota Auris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
For your car to last a long time, you should take care of it and change all consumables in time: oil, filters, and immediately repair it at any breakdown. I have an acquaintance whose car broke down, he ordered parts, but he had to wait a certain amount of time. Since he didn't treat his car well, he wouldn't wait for parts to be repaired and continued to drive it, even after I suggested he use how to track speedpak service for faster delivery. He ended up with a complete engine failure and having to pay 4 times more for repairs. Take care of your cars.

Last edited by Mindyzevs; 11-01-2021 at 03:03 PM.
Mindyzevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 10:15 AM   #31
CrowsFeast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_86 View Post
I know some other cars get lucky with cheap eBay headers that work awesome.
A ton of people with E46 BMW's run Ebay headers with great results. It's one of the main suggestions on E46Fanatics.

I'd say it was a fair question, despite the number of people jumping on "Ebay parts bad". Only one person posted with experience with the actual parts, which although it was a poor review it also sounds like it was during development rather than production.

Judgement? Part is still of unknown quality. We won't know until someone decides to experiment.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebay, exhaust, godsnow, header, manifold