follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 02-19-2022, 05:02 PM   #575
Chan

Drives: 2022 Toyota GR86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
I think a new round of allocations dropped today.. I will wait for the dealer to call me if there’s any good news but I don’t think there is. For the heck of it I searched every dealer inventory within ~250 miles of me tonight. A LOT of cars showing up, some dealers with 3 or 4 in stock and/or in transit. I’d estimate around 35 automatics and 2 manuals (neither close to what I want.) Incredible.
The question is have the one that have been popping up on searches been spoken for already.
Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 12:00 PM   #576
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan View Post
The question is have the one that have been popping up on searches been spoken for already.
If it’s manual, it almost certainly had someone with a deposit down already waiting for it.

To my knowledge any cars a dealer has an allocation for will show up on their site, no matter where in process or if reserved or not. Some dealer sites indicate whether reserved or not, which makes that totally fine. But many do not which is a joke.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:19 PM   #577
Mo*86

Drives: GT86 2014-2020
Ordered. Red Sport + like Premium, with RED INTERIEUR

Greetings from Switzerland
Mo*86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mo*86 For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (02-25-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 06:30 PM   #578
Veloist

Drives: ‘93 MR2, ‘22 GR86, ‘23 GR Corolla
Thanked 1,713 Times in 668 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
I already got my GR86 last month but out of laziness and busy-ness I still have my deposit with MSRP dealers.

One I placed first week of Nov, the other on the day before Thanksgiving. In addition I’m on several “waiting lists” that did not take a deposit.

Anyways I have not heard from any of them and it’s been 3 months and I’m pretty sure there are still a couple of people ahead of me.

Anybody from Walnut Creek or One Toyota get their car via waiting list/reservation?
Old 02-22-2022, 08:32 PM   #579
jdmwol2ks

Drives: 22' Model
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloist View Post
I already got my GR86 last month but out of laziness and busy-ness I still have my deposit with MSRP dealers.

One I placed first week of Nov, the other on the day before Thanksgiving. In addition I’m on several “waiting lists” that did not take a deposit.

Anyways I have not heard from any of them and it’s been 3 months and I’m pretty sure there are still a couple of people ahead of me.

Anybody from Walnut Creek or One Toyota get their car via waiting list/reservation?
I'm waiting for a 6mt base car. I think during their first batch of cars, i was offered a black at WC Toyota and a Pavement/black at One Toyota. I passed on both since I want a Neptune. Kind of regret it now since the wait for one is taking too long. I will be searching further out/opening up for a Trueno Blue now.
jdmwol2ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:35 AM   #580
loungin

Drives: 22 gr86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwol2ks View Post
I'm waiting for a 6mt base car. I think during their first batch of cars, i was offered a black at WC Toyota and a Pavement/black at One Toyota. I passed on both since I want a Neptune. Kind of regret it now since the wait for one is taking too long. I will be searching further out/opening up for a Trueno Blue now.
I want the same so i guess im behind you. He told me 2-3 months. But from what youre saying sounds like it could be longer.
loungin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:06 AM   #581
fredzy
Mebmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loungin View Post
I want the same so i guess im behind you. He told me 2-3 months. But from what youre saying sounds like it could be longer.
Every dealer I talked to back in Dec would say 2-3 months for an ordered car, and I'm beginning to realize they had in mind the typical order time for a new Toyota, not an 86 coming from Gunma Japan. Almost every other Toyota they sell is built in North America so..
The Following User Says Thank You to fredzy For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (02-23-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 02:30 AM   #582
TheDonEffect

Drives: A mix
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
WC not using any more deposits apparently, and I'm #4. Going to be a while for me though it seems since I'm particular with what I want. I get a sense there will be a flood of them later in the year
TheDonEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 03:42 AM   #583
Dylans47

Drives: Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect View Post
WC not using any more deposits apparently, and I'm #4. Going to be a while for me though it seems since I'm particular with what I want. I get a sense there will be a flood of them later in the year
I'm #7 (overall) at wc, what is your preference? Are you #4 overall, or for your specific preference?
Dylans47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 10:26 AM   #584
Chan

Drives: 2022 Toyota GR86
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect View Post
I don’t think that’s going to happen. Subaru stopped taking orders in January and the Subaru dealer I talked to said that their next batch will be 2023’s. I’m not sure how that translates to Toyota but one would think that Toyota would be effected by that too. The dealer I bought my GR from said that they aren’t getting anymore in. In my area every car that’s in transit or allocated is spoken for so if you see something remotely close to what you want you may want to snag it. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 12:26 PM   #585
fredzy
Mebmer

Quote:
I don’t think that’s going to happen. Subaru stopped taking orders in January and the Subaru dealer I talked to said that their next batch will be 2023’s. I’m not sure how that translates to Toyota but one would think that Toyota would be effected by that too. The dealer I bought my GR from said that they aren’t getting anymore in. In my area every car that’s in transit or allocated is spoken for so if you see something remotely close to what you want you may want to snag it. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Agree there won't be anything like a flood, but dealers will continue to receive cars through the summer as production continues. Many smaller dealers may have received all the 22's they'll get this year.

At this point if you don't have a good spot in line by now you are looking at a '23. If you have a good spot in line, cross your fingers that your dealer will get a car. AND that it will be anything like your preference.

My dealer got a new allocation in the last round... that nobody in line had asked for someone behind me in line went for it.

Subaru's orders are filled for the year but customer order cars are only a % of their production plan. So their dealers will get allocations for un-spoken-for cars into the year as well. They will be few and far between.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:16 PM   #586
TheDonEffect

Drives: A mix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylans47 View Post
I'm #7 (overall) at wc, what is your preference? Are you #4 overall, or for your specific preference?
I believe overall, premium MT silver.

Quote:

Perhaps flood was too strong of a word, but from what I can tell, they are still making 2022s, seem to be making them in batches vs continuously, likely due to them altering between making BRZs and 86s. Given all the supply chain issues, they probably made the business decision to stop with the ordering custom orders and just build them as fast as they can as they see fit, gaining production efficiencies.

And the ordering thing is sort of an illusion as well, I can't imagine Subaru taking an order and then putting it into their system to build, vs them having a production schedule, and then assigning a VIN to the orders that they correspond to, hence why certain people got their cars sooner than others despite ordering later. Maybe the orders influenced the production schedule, and Subaru doing a better job prioritizing allocations vs Toyota, but this isn't like ordering a GT3 with infinite customizations where your allocation is your place in line on the production schedule. For these cars it's literally two trims, two transmissions, and exterior colors, the add ons are port/dealer installed and can be added to the window sticker.

Speaking of which, please correct me if I'm wrong here, but it's also shady that dealers are saying that they have no control over the add ons, so while some may not charge ADM, they will tack on the add ons to pad the bottom line. One Toyota of Oakland for instance is doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Agree there won't be anything like a flood, but dealers will continue to receive cars through the summer as production continues. Many smaller dealers may have received all the 22's they'll get this year.

At this point if you don't have a good spot in line by now you are looking at a '23. If you have a good spot in line, cross your fingers that your dealer will get a car. AND that it will be anything like your preference.

My dealer got a new allocation in the last round... that nobody in line had asked for someone behind me in line went for it.

Subaru's orders are filled for the year but customer order cars are only a % of their production plan. So their dealers will get allocations for un-spoken-for cars into the year as well. They will be few and far between.

Yeah I expect dealers to continue to get these cars, and I think towards the end of the end of the year we'll see more as supply chain issues get resolved, but by then 2023s should be rolling out.

Also, the GR Corolla is now right around the corner, as is the Z, I imagine alot of demand will be shifted. Considering the high demand for the cars right now, I could've bought the car if I was a bit more diligent, these cars aren't going to be as difficult to get as say getting a GT4 RS allocation, so unless they seriously throttle down production I imagine there will be enough to go around soon enough.
TheDonEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 02:58 PM   #587
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,298 Times in 718 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Don't forget there are also RHD markets, and they're preparing for the European launch.
I don't know whether they batch production by markets, but could imagine that happening.
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 07:38 PM   #588
PorscheUnlimited16

Drives: 2016 Porsche Gt4
Anyone wanna swallow a 100k Adm just to get in line for a Gt4 RS or Gt3? My dealer was just askin for a friend.
PorscheUnlimited16 is offline   Reply With Quote