follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2022, 09:57 PM   #421
22 BRZ
Senior Member
 
22 BRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ 6MT IR
Location: Canada
Posts: 192
Thanks: 55
Thanked 162 Times in 85 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well I'm completely blown away by the CSG Touring system. I can't think of any changes I would make to it. Noise level and tone is perfect for me. Fit well, competitive price, nice tips. A nice burble down low, and on certain 5th to 3rd downshifts, it makes a few lovely little pops. Not overly loud or obnoxious, and it doesn't happen every time, so when it does, its a treat. One of those little things that just makes the car that much more enjoyable to drive!
__________________
2022 BRZed, Red, Base, Manual, Simple
22 BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:05 PM   #422
danson
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Drives: 22 brz
Location: ft worth, texas
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 50 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Based on the few videos out there, I'm really liking the Borla S-Type. There had been some chatter about some kind of issue with it for the '22s - I won't speculate but regardless Borla doesn't list it as compatible. I emailed them asking about that and they didn't elaborate on why (I didn't really ask) but did say that a 2nd gen specific system will be available late spring.
I have it on mine, it fits fine.
danson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:57 AM   #423
LRNAD90
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Drives: X5 35d, D90, CX-5 Turbo
Location: Maryland
Posts: 304
Thanks: 80
Thanked 206 Times in 113 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danson View Post
I have it on mine, it fits fine.
I thought I've read somewhere that it is a very close fit to the driveshaft on the second gen. Going it guess if Borla is spending R&D dollars and creating another specific product that there is some fitment concern, otherwise why would they do it?

So have to assume that if nothing else the new version will be a 'better' fit..
LRNAD90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 11:29 AM   #424
sds
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: '22 BRZ Limited 6MT
Location: MA
Posts: 81
Thanks: 8
Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRNAD90 View Post
I thought I've read somewhere that it is a very close fit to the driveshaft on the second gen. Going it guess if Borla is spending R&D dollars and creating another specific product that there is some fitment concern, otherwise why would they do it?

So have to assume that if nothing else the new version will be a 'better' fit..
It's definitely close to the driveshaft. It made contact on mine--had to slightly bend the hangars for clearance. Not a huge issue, but it's best to be safe and check.
sds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 11:37 AM   #425
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD
 
Yoshoobaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,929
Thanks: 2,660
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I donít see how the driveshaft clearance would be different from the old car. Sounds like Borla struggling with sub-par engineering and/or quality control as usual.

I mean just look at their header merge, itís embarrassing;


Compare that to the gruppe-s, which is a replica part:
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (04-18-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 11:44 AM   #426
AK2112
Senior Member
 
AK2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Drives: 22 BRZ
Location: Chicago
Posts: 209
Thanks: 204
Thanked 127 Times in 78 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Based on the few videos out there, I'm really liking the Borla S-Type. There had been some chatter about some kind of issue with it for the '22s - I won't speculate but regardless Borla doesn't list it as compatible. I emailed them asking about that and they didn't elaborate on why (I didn't really ask) but did say that a 2nd gen specific system will be available late spring.

Figure it's a long shot but did they mention an axleback too? I emailed them specifically about a 22 axleback design but I never got a response.
AK2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:27 PM   #427
fredzy
Mebmer
 
fredzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Location: PA
Posts: 619
Thanks: 392
Thanked 458 Times in 285 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK2112 View Post
Figure it's a long shot but did they mention an axleback too? I emailed them specifically about a 22 axleback design but I never got a response.
No, nothing in that regard.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 01:46 PM   #428
danson
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Drives: 22 brz
Location: ft worth, texas
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 50 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds View Post
It's definitely close to the driveshaft. It made contact on mine--had to slightly bend the hangars for clearance. Not a huge issue, but it's best to be safe and check.
Mine was also close to the driveshaft, but I was able to squeak out a few additional MMs of clearance without extra tools or bending anything.

Im closely watching future models for an official subaru exhaust since my borla is the only thing ive done that wasnt put on by a dealer. Even if I paid out the nose and imported the Japanese STI, my local dealers wont install.

Until/if that time comes, I love the sound I get and the "OEM+" look of the borla tips.
danson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:58 PM   #429
jongers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Drives: 19 86, 22 BRZ
Location: CA
Posts: 102
Thanks: 220
Thanked 130 Times in 55 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)


Here's the Remark exhaust system (Elite-Spec Catback) that I've been able to prototype/use for the past couple of months.

Really like the sound. Nice non-obnoxious pops on downshifts. A little loud (smidge louder with a lot less drone than my previous 2019 w/ TRD exhaust), with a pretty good tone.

Only drawback is that there's a little bit of drone in the 2000-2500 rpm range when cruising...but with CA highways I'm either doing 75+ or stuck in traffic.

I still need to get around to unplugging the active sound...

Last edited by jongers; 04-02-2022 at 05:47 AM.
jongers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jongers For This Useful Post:
kaesu (04-02-2022), Rallywhale (04-01-2022), tenderization (04-03-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 10:33 AM   #430
Midnightsky
Senior Member
 
Midnightsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Drives: 2022 BRZ WRB
Location: Alberta
Posts: 374
Thanks: 383
Thanked 159 Times in 102 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongers View Post


Here's the Remark exhaust system (Elite-Spec Catback) that I've been able to prototype/use for the past couple of months.

Really like the sound. Nice non-obnoxious pops on downshifts. A little loud (smidge louder with a lot less drone than my previous 2019 w/ TRD exhaust), with a pretty good tone.

Only drawback is that there's a little bit of drone in the 2000-2500 rpm range when cruising...but with CA highways I'm either doing 75+ or stuck in traffic.

I still need to get around to unplugging the active sound...
When you unplug it, let us know if you think it's louder with or without. Im running a muffler delete and it's honestly louder with it plugged in. It also almost makes it sound like a rotary lol.
Midnightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:40 AM   #431
Robertw
Senior Member
 
Robertw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Drives: 1996 Turbo Miata
Location: MA
Posts: 150
Thanks: 54
Thanked 92 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
I donít see how the driveshaft clearance would be different from the old car. Sounds like Borla struggling with sub-par engineering and/or quality control as usual.

I mean just look at their header merge, itís embarrassing;


Compare that to the gruppe-s, which is a replica part:
Jesus christ, the Borla looks like absolute dog shit.
Robertw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robertw For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (04-18-2022), kevaughan (02-28-2024), Rustyoid (04-18-2022), Yoshoobaroo (04-11-2022)
Old 04-11-2022, 01:45 PM   #432
OkieSnuffBox
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,974
Thanks: 658
Thanked 1,227 Times in 700 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertw View Post
Jesus christ, the Borla looks like absolute dog shit.
It's been known they were dog shit since 2014?
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OkieSnuffBox For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (04-11-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 11:02 AM   #433
fredzy
Mebmer
 
fredzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Location: PA
Posts: 619
Thanks: 392
Thanked 458 Times in 285 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Would be nice if the first post included a summary of the more popular options with links to relevant videos/posts.

I've been leaning Borla as it seems like a good all around sound. My only reservation was the clamp-heavy design which came off as cheap to me. This feeling has been semi-validated by recent posts about quality. I'm starting to lean back toward wanting something noisier anyway, maybe Perrin, but I can't keep track of what the options are.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:42 AM   #434
LRNAD90
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Drives: X5 35d, D90, CX-5 Turbo
Location: Maryland
Posts: 304
Thanks: 80
Thanked 206 Times in 113 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Would be nice if the first post included a summary of the more popular options with links to relevant videos/posts.

I've been leaning Borla as it seems like a good all around sound. My only reservation was the clamp-heavy design which came off as cheap to me. This feeling has been semi-validated by recent posts about quality. I'm starting to lean back toward wanting something noisier anyway, maybe Perrin, but I can't keep track of what the options are.
I put a few together here..

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...&postcount=275
LRNAD90 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FR-S and BRZ Exhaust Compilation Thread Spd229 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 660 01-03-2024 11:10 AM
2022+ Exhaust compilation thread Yoshoobaroo Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 22 04-22-2022 07:17 AM
The Boosted Exhaust Thread The Racers Line Forced Induction 49 06-05-2014 02:13 AM
The Exhaust Weights thread qoncept Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 5 06-12-2013 03:34 PM
Agency Power Exhaust Thread PT II vividracing Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 222 07-28-2012 01:52 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.