follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 01:10 PM   #1681
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
This is your hostile comment. You may not view it but that's how it comes off to most on here.

I like you in general, man, but you have a tendency to be only right and never wrong.
Fake news! Yeah, I didn’t read that as an attack or hostile. It was mostly poking fun of the fact that we whine about wearing masks and having to socially distance, as if our life has been a struggle. This area has experienced fires, floods and COVID for the last five years, which as devastating as it is, I feel it is far from the struggles our ancestors dealt with. I try to appreciate the privileges I have in the area, state, county, times, etc that I have. That is all.

The religious stuff was clearly (to me) messing with him. Not hostile. At most, I was being bratty. Maybe people are sensitive about religious stuff or projecting if they are reading hostility between the lines, but I wasn’t trying to be hostile about religion. At worst, someone could read condescension, but hostility seems like a stretch.
Clipdat (04-15-2021), weederr33 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 01:14 PM   #1682
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Fake news! Yeah, I didn’t read that as an attack or hostile. It was mostly poking fun of the fact that we whine about wearing masks and having to socially distance, as if our life has been a struggle. This area has experienced fires, floods and COVID for the last five years, which as devastating as it is, I feel it is far from the struggles our ancestors dealt with. I try to appreciate the privileges I have in the area, state, county, times, etc that I have. That is all.

The religious stuff was clearly (to me) messing with him. Not hostile. At most, I was being bratty. Maybe people are sensitive about religious stuff or projecting if they are reading hostility between the lines, but I wasn’t trying to be hostile about religion. At worst, someone could read condescension, but hostility seems like a stretch.
Gotcha. Ok lol just came off as kinda trying to piss people off.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 01:16 PM   #1683
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
There is so much hypocrisy and contradiction in just the quoted statements here, I am not entirely sure where to start. And that isn't counting most of the last few pages.

For the record, I was raised Catholic. I do have some personal insight to offer. Additionally, I was not preaching. I was not asserting truth. I was presenting an observation that I gathered for consideration. That is how science progresses isn't it?

Yes, you are being disrespectful.
I was raised catholic too. I was an alter boy. Went to CCD. So? I wouldn’t presume to lecture someone about how they should interpret a situation based on what you believe their god believes they should think when you have no clue about their religion or the nature of how they subscribe to their version of a god. It is preachy when that person may not be apart of your congregation.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:20 PM   #1684
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Gotcha. Ok lol just came off as kinda trying to piss people off.
No, I think you got his intentions right. "I was just joking" is the natural progression of someone who has realized they lost the moral high ground but refuses to admit it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (04-14-2021), spike021 (04-14-2021), weederr33 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #1685
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
I was raised catholic too. I was an alter boy. Went to CCD. So? I wouldn’t presume to lecture someone about how they should interpret a situation based on what you believe their god believes they should think when you have no clue about their religion or the nature of how they subscribe to their version of a god. It is preachy when that person may not be apart of your congregation.
Again with the presumptive lectures that totally aren't lectures.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (04-14-2021), spike021 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #1686
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1ac View Post
Interesting that seven million doses given of J&J with six that had a bad reaction and one possible death. And that has stopped the use. No report of other possible problems with the seven. That means one in a million chance of a problem. No published info on the others and the reaction statistics. Most vaccines have a reaction rate.
It may also be the case that they want to pull the medication for legal reasons, but I suspect they are pulling it, so they can study the cases to be able to create an exclusion criteria. The incidence of harm or death could be the same when it reenters the market, but perhaps they will have a way to identify and remove that one person in a million, so even they don’t die. While it seems like the greater good is to deliver vaccines and avoid harm and deaths from COVID more than save these few outliers, medications often require a high degree of safety.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:34 PM   #1687
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
I don't like to make assumptions, but honestly the feeling I get is you had a bad background experience with this stuff. Which is totally ok. Whatever you wanna do or feel about it, go ahead.

And you said it yourself, these religions have a vast amount of versions/variations. So maybe, just maybe, there are ones that aren't so bad that you haven't learned about.

But don't take that out on other people just because it's the way you feel about it.

Otherwise you're being too sensitive and letting your own history with religion affect the conversation, which I hate to say it you've already done.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
Old 04-14-2021, 01:41 PM   #1688
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I have 2 friends who were vaccinated and didn't feel right after the first shot. My roommate actually contracted covid and was pretty sick. She's back to work now and wasn't even required to get a negative test per cdc and her place of employment. Work required 15 days off
Old 04-14-2021, 01:42 PM   #1689
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Again with the presumptive lectures that totally aren't lectures.
Quote:
No, I think you got his intentions right. "I was just joking" is the natural progression of someone who has realized they lost the moral high ground but refuses to admit it.
So my joke was certainly hostility to you and your religious lesson for the guy wasn’t certainly not a lecture... because you are the arbiter and not me. No, I want to be the arbiter! I’ll fight you for it!

Old 04-14-2021, 02:00 PM   #1690
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I don't like to make assumptions, but honestly the feeling I get is you had a bad background experience with this stuff. Which is totally ok. Whatever you wanna do or feel about it, go ahead.

And you said it yourself, these religions have a vast amount of versions/variations. So maybe, just maybe, there are ones that aren't so bad that you haven't learned about.

But don't take that out on other people just because it's the way you feel about it.

Otherwise you're being too sensitive and letting your own history with religion affect the conversation, which I hate to say it you've already done.
As an agnostic atheist who was once an agnostic theist, I don’t mind religion or religious people until people claim to be gnostic or interject religion into science topics where we are trying to focus on facts and not conjecture. Outside of that I’ll generally be sassy or joking around with religious people and their funny religious views because they are humorous when they aren’t harmful (insert Westburo Baptist Church meme: omitted for taste).
Old 04-14-2021, 02:04 PM   #1691
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
So my joke was certainly hostility to you and your religious lesson for the guy wasn’t certainly not a lecture... because you are the arbiter and not me. No, I want to be the arbiter! I’ll fight you for it!

The difference may be that I know I am an asshole. I just like company.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 02:26 PM   #1692
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
I have 2 friends who were vaccinated and didn't feel right after the first shot. My roommate actually contracted covid and was pretty sick. She's back to work now and wasn't even required to get a negative test per cdc and her place of employment. Work required 15 days off
Yep, your vaccinated friends immune systems reacted to the vaccine as intended. It's a minor inconvenience that makes you feel sick, but you actually aren't. That's how vaccines are supposed to work.

The 15 days for the friend that got sick is based on empirical evidence supporting a lack of transmission of the virus in recovered individuals. Basically, that is how long it takes the immune system to completely defeat the virus in mild cases. (I think they have since decreased the timeframe to 10 days after your symptoms go away.

This is information that has been presented and discussed before in this thread, but thanks for sharing your experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Lantanafrs2 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 02:29 PM   #1693
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,474 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Guys, take a break, spend some time in the "Plastic modelling" thread.. I am finding the various photos rather arresting.. instant karma!!
Old 04-14-2021, 02:51 PM   #1694
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yep, your vaccinated friends immune systems reacted to the vaccine as intended. It's a minor inconvenience that makes you feel sick, but you actually aren't. That's how vaccines are supposed to work.

The 15 days for the friend that got sick is based on empirical evidence supporting a lack of transmission of the virus in recovered individuals. Basically, that is how long it takes the immune system to completely defeat the virus in mild cases. (I think they have since decreased the timeframe to 10 days after your symptoms go away.

This is information that has been presented and discussed before in this thread, but thanks for sharing your experience.
According to her the cdc says 10 days after you're free to roam. In the recent past one was expected to present 2 negative test results before reintegration. A friend of mine required numerous tests to do this as his results after 2 weeks were neg, pos, neg, neg. This was a few months ago. He was asymptomatic
The Following User Says Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (04-14-2021)
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck