follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-16-2022, 07:11 AM   #15
DerJuso

Drives: Gt86 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
The list of potential causes is in order of likelyhood. ECM is pretty close to the bottom.
• Intake system are there any intake leaks? Intake manifold gasket? Hoses melted by the fire? Airbox & tubing?
• Fuel injector ASSY (port injection), check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• Fuel injector ASSY (cylinder injection), check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• Intake air flow meter ASSY, check the compontent, covered with soot, melted or damaged?
• E.F.I. water temperature sensor, check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• Fuel pressure
• Gas leakage from exhaust system, fix your exhaust leaks!!!
• Open/short circuits in the air/fuel ratio sensor, check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• Air/fuel ratio sensor, check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• PCV valve and hose, check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• PCV hose connection, check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• ECM - maybe, if you have rulled out everything else...
• Wiring harness or connector
Okay thanks. I will check that as soon as i fixed the U0140. Yesterday my new (used) Body ECU came and i put it in. but now i cant even lock the car. also cant start it but that should be something else because it was before. i started the communication mode after the insall and waited for the 30 min. do i need to do anything else for installing a new body ECU?
DerJuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:29 AM   #16
02maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerJuso View Post
Okay thanks. I will check that as soon as i fixed the U0140. Yesterday my new (used) Body ECU came and i put it in. but now i cant even lock the car. also cant start it but that should be something else because it was before. i started the communication mode after the insall and waited for the 30 min. do i need to do anything else for installing a new body ECU?
The 30mn procedure you are referring to is applicable when replacing the ECM!
If you brought a used Body ECU then it already has some keys registered on it so the car won’t start and the simplest thing is to have these same keys paired with this Body ECU that you’ve brought, otherwise you’ll have to erase all the keys on it and register new ones but that’s gonna be a complicated procedure!
02maher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:51 AM   #17
DerJuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02maher View Post
The 30mn procedure you are referring to is applicable when replacing the ECM!
If you brought a used Body ECU then it already has some keys registered on it so the car won’t start and the simplest thing is to have these same keys paired with this Body ECU that you’ve brought, otherwise you’ll have to erase all the keys on it and register new ones but that’s gonna be a complicated procedure!
Oh damn! I dont got the keys only the Body ECU. Do you know how to get my keys running? Is there a way that i could do that or is only toyota in the position of doing that? :/
Old 06-21-2022, 05:04 PM   #18
02maher

Quote:
Oh damn! I dont got the keys only the Body ECU. Do you know how to get my keys running? Is there a way that i could do that or is only toyota in the position of doing that? :/
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...ght=Techstream

To program a new a key without a master key you’ll need to buy some tokens on some website and use it in techstream, I already bought some in the past and can probably use it for your body ECU after you change the VIN number on it.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:29 AM   #19
DerJuso

Quote:
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...ght=Techstream

To program a new a key without a master key you’ll need to buy some tokens on some website and use it in techstream, I already bought some in the past and can probably use it for your body ECU after you change the VIN number on it.
That would be very nice. how can i change the vin and what needs to be done?
Old 06-23-2022, 03:05 AM   #20
02maher

Quote:
That would be very nice. how can i change the vin and what needs to be done?
Do you have techstream working ? If my memory is good I believe it’s under engine/utility section
Old 06-23-2022, 08:04 AM   #21
DerJuso

Quote:
Do you have techstream working ? If my memory is good I believe it’s under engine/utility section
Ahh no i never used that before. I will get me a Cable and the software on my mac. The Cable should come tomorrow. you said i need to change the vin. but how to what and why? Thx for you help !!!
Old 06-24-2022, 01:10 AM   #22
02maher

Quote:
Ahh no i never used that before. I will get me a Cable and the software on my mac. The Cable should come tomorrow. you said i need to change the vin. but how to what and why? Thx for you help !!!
The tokens I bought are linked to my car VIN.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:28 AM   #23
DerJuso

Hey! Sorry that i needed so long to awnser! Now my Program is working and connecting with the car. But i still have the U0140 and cant see the BCM in the Can trench! Do you think that i bought a damaged one?
Old 08-07-2022, 09:36 AM   #24
DerJuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
The list of potential causes is in order of likelyhood. ECM is pretty close to the bottom.
• Intake system are there any intake leaks? Intake manifold gasket? Hoses melted by the fire? Airbox & tubing?
• Fuel injector ASSY (port injection), check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• Fuel injector ASSY (cylinder injection), check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• Intake air flow meter ASSY, check the compontent, covered with soot, melted or damaged?
• E.F.I. water temperature sensor, check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• Fuel pressure
• Gas leakage from exhaust system, fix your exhaust leaks!!!
• Open/short circuits in the air/fuel ratio sensor, check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• Air/fuel ratio sensor, check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• PCV valve and hose, check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• PCV hose connection, check the compontent, melted or damaged?
• ECM - maybe, if you have rulled out everything else...
• Wiring harness or connector
Soo now I only have left the s stem lean code. You told me about the customization of my brand new ECU. Is that also for Toyota because you said I need to program it in Subaru…. I checked every thing on this list everything seams fine. The water temperature sensor works fine (I can see it on the gauge) no hoses are damaged and no wires too. Fuel pressure is there and is working fine(also when I hit the gas) couldn’t check the injectors but they are looking clean. I think it could also be a interesting fact that the car feels butter smooth at like 2000 rpm but at idle 700-1000 it stutter much and feels like a old tractor.