follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List
JonMotoring

Old 07-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #13105
TunerLuver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivtec View Post
Haha that's exactly what I have, N1 and Injen, and the Injen honestly is hit and miss. As far as I know it's the only one that creates the Idle issue, at least to the point of stalling the car. So hopefully yours works well.
Just pinpointed my idle / CEL issues back to the Injen intake. Turns out that it has a small pinhole defect in the main tube. Going to try to get a replacement from Injen, then sell it, and try something else. Tired of stalling the car and looking like I can't drive 6-speed!
TunerLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:11 AM   #13106
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
That's what I understood. When I heard that I sort of let it slide but after thinking about it for a few days that's beginning to bother me. I admit to not being involved in discussing the matter but I'm curious how the 'five event' rule came into being. The thoughts that are causing me a little heart burn here is I can't help but think that rule was made up by the Phoenix crowd. Yet the decal doesn't say Phoenix 86, I understand it says Arizona 86. To be honest it doesn't make sense.

For what it's worth I don't want a decal and wouldn't put it on my car if I had one but that doesn't change the fact that some people decided to put themselves in charge of making this decision and I'm guessing it wasn't voted on by the 'Arizona' crowd.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #13107
Sivtec

Drives: 12 Mitsu Evo X, 09 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerLuver View Post
Just pinpointed my idle / CEL issues back to the Injen intake. Turns out that it has a small pinhole defect in the main tube. Going to try to get a replacement from Injen, then sell it, and try something else. Tired of stalling the car and looking like I can't drive 6-speed!
Haha!!! This is exactly what I went through. It's hella embarrassing. What is really strange tho is I tried everything to get it to work and ended up going back to stock. After about 5 months, I got sick of it collecting dust and put it back on. It's fine now. It has the occasional dip in idle but it has never stalled. I don't know if its the air quality or temp or what. It's fine now.

-2013 Scion Raven FR-S
-2009 Honda Green/Black CBR600RR
Sivtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #13108
40flash
John 1:12

Drives: Pearl white BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
I have the Injen intake and once in a great while my idle dips a little but never dips enough to be a problem and has never stalled. Maybe after you get the new one or get that one fixed if they don't replace it, you might give it another try. Might be fine without the pin hole. I have a tig welder and can weld it if they don'[t replace it for you.
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #13109
EZWood
BAMF

Drives: 13 fr-s, whiteout, MT. 94 ZJ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
That's what I understood. When I heard that I sort of let it slide but after thinking about it for a few days that's beginning to bother me. I admit to not being involved in discussing the matter but I'm curious how the 'five event' rule came into being. The thoughts that are causing me a little heart burn here is I can't help but think that rule was made up by the Phoenix crowd. Yet the decal doesn't say Phoenix 86, I understand it says Arizona 86. To be honest it doesn't make sense.

For what it's worth I don't want a decal and wouldn't put it on my car if I had one but that doesn't change the fact that some people decided to put themselves in charge of making this decision and I'm guessing it wasn't voted on by the 'Arizona' crowd.
Its really just an involvement thing. If you're involved whether it be in person or electronically it's not an issue, but if you don't care why complain?
EZWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #13110
Sivtec

Quote:

Ha, o boy... I don't think you were here when this came up last... This logo was in the making for awhile from what I understand. As far as the "Phoenix 86", that goes with just about anything. It's not trademarked and there is no significance other than showing that your part of group. Which is exactly why you need to go to five meetings.

Lets say there is Bob, who is a complete ricer who gets in trouble all the time with the law. He comes to one meet and gets a sticker. Puts it on his car. Continues to have issues with the law. Well now he just put a bad name on the rest of the car club which may or may not have us profiled as a gang or what not. Or we just get a ton of discriminating from the law or whoever else associates the D-Bag with our crew. It's just to show that your not a total tool... And as everyone has already said, if you don't want to put it on your car, than by no means don't put it on there. No harm, no foul. Regardless of what you do, everyone supports each other and what they do with their car. That's just one of the many reason's I enjoy being apart of the club.

-2013 Scion Raven FR-S
The Following User Says Thank You to Sivtec For This Useful Post:
SpyderMS (07-28-2013)
Old 07-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #13111
EZWood
BAMF

Drives: 13 fr-s, whiteout, MT. 94 ZJ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Job weld. Not sure a hole in the intake tube would cause that.
EZWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #13112
Ninjin

Drives: SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quote:

p.s. I don't want a decal and wouldn't put it on my car if I had one but that doesn't change the fact that some people decided to put themselves in charge of making this decision and I'm guessing it wasn't voted on by the 'Arizona' crowd.
It's not designed to be a hard and fast rule that causes heartburn, and my personal apologies if it did. The idea behind that is to not give out ARIZ86NA decals to people we've never met before who then go and do something that reflects poorly on the community as a whole (@whaap, I know you are not such a person). Obviously people not in Phoenix are going to have a more difficult time meeting regularly. There should be a stock of decals given to regular members in Tucson very soon.

In the big scheme of things is it a bit petty? Probably, but I think of having a community decal on the windshield as a responsibility to represent that community as best I can, and I would like to know that others feel the same way.

As for the decision being unilateral, that's due to the efforts of a number of people who stepped up to make this happen, and I can appreciate how difficult (impossible actually) it would have been to take everyone's desires into account during that process. In the end we have something that can be a positive for our growing community of 86 owners.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk HD
Ninjin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ninjin For This Useful Post:
FR-Shadow (07-28-2013), GotM (07-28-2013), redsuns03 (07-28-2013), Sivtec (07-28-2013), SpyderMS (07-28-2013)
Old 07-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #13113
Sivtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjin View Post
It's not designed to be a hard and fast rule that causes heartburn, and my personal apologies if it did. The idea behind that is to not give out ARIZ86NA decals to people we've never met before who then go and do something that reflects poorly on the community as a whole (@whaap, I know you are not such a person). Obviously people not in Phoenix are going to have a more difficult time meeting regularly. There should be a stock of decals given to regular members in Tucson very soon.

In the big scheme of things is it a bit petty? Probably, but I think of having a community decal on the windshield as a responsibility to represent that community as best I can, and I would like to know that others feel the same way.

As for the decision being unilateral, that's due to the efforts of a number of people who stepped up to make this happen, and I can appreciate how difficult (impossible actually) it would have been to take everyone's desires into account during that process. In the end we have something that can be a positive for our growing community of 86 owners.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk HD
I still like my Bob reference...

-2013 Scion Raven FR-S
Old 07-28-2013, 01:29 AM   #13114
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZWood View Post
Its really just an involvement thing. If you're involved whether it be in person or electronically it's not an issue, but if you don't care why complain?
I do care. The fact that I might not want one for myself doesn't mean that the '5 event' guideline is fair to those people that might want a decal. How about the guy in Ajo who is active on this forum? Beause he doesn't come to 5 events he's out of luck? How about the guy in Kingman? Attending 5 events for him would be a lot more than 150 events for some guys in Phoenix living around the corner from the Pavs.

You mention electronically involvement. What's the rule on that?
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #13115
Sivtec

Quote:
I do care. The fact that I might not want one for myself doesn't mean that the '5 event' guideline is fair to those people that might want a decal. How about the guy in Ajo who is active on this forum? Beause he doesn't come to 5 events he's out of luck? How about the guy in Kingman? Attending 5 events for him would be a lot more than 150 events for some guys in Phoenix living around the corner from the Pavs.

You mention electronically involvement. What's the rule on that?
Hmm.. I don't believe there was a rule on electronically involvement. I could be wrong. Wouldn't you want respectful and good souls to be part if the club? This is a way to protect the club and i support it. I'd feel ashamed and hate if someone came up to me and said, "o your part of that group. Their a bunch of dbags." definitely not something I would want to be apart of.

-2013 Scion Raven FR-S
Old 07-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #13116
bignrichlll
Because Bacon

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited Dark Grey Metallic
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivtec View Post
Their a bunch of dbags."
D-bags? Your so cute when you talk getto Joel! but seriously, I dnt think this is a healthy controversy.. Noone ever gets any closure. On the plus side,Im glad that I feel enough like family with "most" of you that we can throw fecal matter back & forth..
Sivtec (07-28-2013)
Old 07-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #13117
blanco
DNGZONE

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Ahhh the smell of burnt clutch 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blanco For This Useful Post:
bignrichlll (07-28-2013), Ninjin (07-28-2013), SpyderMS (07-28-2013)
Old 07-28-2013, 02:00 AM   #13118
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
I don't think the 5 rule thing was for the phoenix area only. If you guys are meeting up in tucson that should count as well. I would assume since you are gathering members of the community.

Sent from a Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

Tags
arizona, fr-s, mesa, phoenix, scion, tucson, we need a subforum