follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-10-2014, 01:52 AM   #29
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishl1 View Post
Ugh, worst luck ever, I just wrote this super long post and was about to post when I decided to copy it so I could paste it just in case it didn't post for some reason. When I hit select all text, it crashed firefox on my phone and i lost it all

Anyway, lesson learned is to make it shorter.

I am doing an HID/angel eye install and like a dumbass listened to a post to tap into a wire in the bundle of wires coming out of the engine bay fuse box.

After also disconnecting the battery I remembered that I might have to reflash.

I got this problem and also my dash/and hid system now flickers after trying to flash several times.

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence because you guys got a similar problem recently or if I might have pulled a random wire when tapping.

Unfortunately I tried the latest software update today and it didn't work.

Still want to try locking the car and coming back after 5min of it off, but I'm practically crying on the inside that I may have royally screwed myself

Any thoughts, suggestions?

If anyone knows of a shop or an individual near LA that could help I'm all ears.

Pray for me that this is a quick fix.
There is no need to reflash after you disconnect battery it will reset ECU but the ROM or program code will nor be erased as it is in flash memory not ram memory. The problem with your dash lights and headlight is not likely to be related to flashing car. Your flashing the engine ecu not the body control computer.

You have likey caused the problem by shorting something out and blowing a fuse or blowing something in the cars computers.

undo all your wiring mods, check all fuses and the obd port fuse ,pray and you may be ok.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
afishl1 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 02:35 AM   #30
afishl1

Drives: Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How come when query the rom it shows the stock name rom and not my renamed new one or is that how its supposed ro be, been a while since I flashed
afishl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:38 AM   #31
steve99
Banned

Quote:
How come when query the rom it shows the stock name rom and not my renamed new one or is that how its supposed ro be, been a while since I flashed
Mate I dont use ecutek, but i will have a guess

If your usuing you cable to query your ecu and is comming back with something like ZA1JB01C then it a good sign ie the ecu is responding andcthats the ROM calid or type number. You can name rom files whatever you like but all the ecu knows is the calid.

maybe read the link below on ecu flashing it will give you an idea of the process.

As for working of ecutk software sorry dont use it, but the flash process is same regardless of the flashing toll used
Old 08-10-2014, 03:47 AM   #32
afishl1

Gotcha, do u have any idea how to know if I've blown the BIU?
Old 08-10-2014, 05:10 AM   #33
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Gotcha, do u have any idea how to know if I've blown the BIU?
Unfortunatly tying to diagnose complex electrical issues via internet messages ain,t going to work.

Check what works and what does not on the car will give some lclues as to where to look
Check the connections you were messing with return it back to stock
Check for blown fuses , loose connectors or cut wires if something not working
Remove battery terminal for 5 minutes to reset all control units

After that you going to need TechStream diagnostic software the dealers use a full shop manual and good electrical knoledge. ie it time for dealer or auto electriian
Old 08-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #34
afishl1

Well I think I would have to get an auto electrician because I dont see how I can bring my car to the dealership at this point with e85 and an intake in it and without the ability to flash back to stock. Heck, I'm too nervous to try to even run it right now after the flash failed while downloading.

Anyone know of a good electrician in the LA area?
Old 08-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #35
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
[QUOTE=afishl1;1892416]Well I think I would have to get an auto electrician because I dont see how I can bring my car to the dealership at this point with e85 and an intake in it and without the ability to flash back to stock. Heck, I'm too nervous to try to even run it right now after the flash failed while downloading.[/ QUOTE]

Car won't start on a failed flash. Any chance you've just drained the battery? If you have power, have you tried to re-write a new ROM to it by manually selecting vehicle?

When programming the ECU:
"ROM File To Program" will be the file on your PC/Laptop
"ECU Version" shows the ROM type & version
"Comment" is what is stored in the comment of the Keying screen of the ROM
"Licenses in ECU" will show whether the ECU has a valid license.

As said before, disconnecting the battery will have no affect on the ECU apart from giving it a reset.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #36
Dipstik-sportech

Drives: 2013 BRZ satin white pearl sportech
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
New update works great for me !
2013 SWP BRZ sportech. 11.11sec@129.01mph, 511whp on e70. FullBlown base kit, FullBlown built 9.5:1 engine, GTX3076R GEN2 turbo, 1700cc Bosch injectors, FullBlown flex fuel kit, FullBlown radiator and oil cooler, FullBlown custom 3" dual exit exhaust, act xtreme clutch, whiteline diff and subframe inserts, BC Racing coilovers, hotchkiss 18mm rear sway, is300 3.73 differential ... Never finished
Dipstik-sportech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #37
afishl1

Well I'm back up and running, was either charging the low battery or cutting short the long tapped wire leading to nothing.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:23 PM   #38
Jhood

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited [6MT/SWP]
I'm having the exact error as the OP, except this is the first time I am using Ecutek on this vehicle. Which means it took my license from me, and never finished the flash. I haven't driven this thing in over a month now, I have ran into just about every issue possible during the FI install, and this is right on track. When and if I get my tuner to reapply my license, any advice besides updating ProECU? Given the time frame of posts I'm guessing Ecutek already has fixed that issue for good by now, but I can't risk losing another license again and getting stuck halfway through the flash.
Jhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #39
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
It's not something daft like a low battery causing the issue? This hasn't been an issue in quite some time.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:58 PM   #40
Jhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
It's not something daft like a low battery causing the issue? This hasn't been an issue in quite some time.
Being that I haven't driven it in so long, it might be. I just assumed as long as the power worked it would be good. It's testing at 12.10 volts right now, that considered low? I have to email my logs over to my tuner so they can contact Ecutek to give me another license so prob another day or 2... I'll throw the charger on.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:47 PM   #41
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Did you try flashing again? Do make sure the battery voltage is good and the connection is secure on the usb/odb2 port. Sitting for a month is often times enough for the battery to get weak enough to not support a flash. Otherwise you'll want to contact your tuner (not sure if it us or not), not EcuTek for support of this issue.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:58 AM   #42
Jhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-mike View Post
Did you try flashing again? Do make sure the battery voltage is good and the connection is secure on the usb/odb2 port. Sitting for a month is often times enough for the battery to get weak enough to not support a flash. Otherwise you'll want to contact your tuner (not sure if it us or not), not EcuTek for support of this issue.
No it's actually Full Blown, just trying to flash the base map. I emailed the log from the Ecutek folder over to Full Blown and now just waiting for them to contact Ecutek to reinstate my license so I can try again. Given the 6+ hour time differences it'll prob take some waiting around, really hoping that battery voltage was the culprit. I had no idea how finicky this software could be. Thanks for the tip, I'll let you guys know what happens.