follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 11-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
thank you for that

it is important that manufacturers make the above point very clear (most don't, or put in general disclaimers) and that consumers are fully aware of the ramifications

i ask because i think your product is excellent, and i would buy it if it not were for my own series' (time attack) regulations which forbid such a setup

although i think for autocross use this is great.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
JRitt

Drives: 2012 BRZ Premium WRB 6MT
Thanked 1,411 Times in 376 Posts
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
thank you for that

it is important that manufacturers make the above point very clear (most don't) and that consumers are fully aware of the ramifications

i ask because i think your product is excellent, and i would buy it if it not were for my own series' (time attack) regulations which forbid such a setup

although i think for autocross use this is great.
Thanks. No problem. Yes, we have no designs on fooling anyone about what this bar is or what it can do. If people want to put it in their car and hang laundry on it, that's fine with us. We would never make any false claims about it's function or capabilities however. It is a metal bar a customer can put in their car. That's it.

I saw your signature, and I certainly appreciate your concerns. I also think the harness bar vs. roll bar decision is an important discussion to have. That's actually why I started the other post, and I'm going to give my own personal comments/experiences/insights from the last 13 years of participating in motorsports. People can take my thoughts or leave them. Many people new to the game likely have a lot of questions, and I'd rather that they have all the information possible to make an intelligent decision about buying and installing our product. That's what I would want for myself and my family, and the sharing of ideas and experiences is what these forums are about.

Motorsports sanctioning bodies have rules for a reason. Most of those reasons are based on aggregate knowledge and experience. Those rules should be followed to the letter (unless you can add 5hp and not get caught).

JRitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #17
JRitt

Quote:
I didn't see this on the blog, so I'll ask: Where does the rear support rod bolt to the chassis? Any pictures of that you'd mind posting?
The support (tension) rods bolt to the chassis at the rear shoulder belt mounting point. The rear shoulder belts stay where they are. The tension rod uses a spacer and bolts outside of it with a high grade bolt. I'll try to find a good pic of it...will definitely make more sense if you see it. Thanks.

ps Nice Stache.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #18
xenocharger

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout / 2002 Celica GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to xenocharger
So her are my question; are you excepting orders yet, and can I get the main harness bar poweder coated in a different color?
xenocharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #19
JRitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenocharger View Post
So her are my question; are you excepting orders yet, and can I get the main harness bar poweder coated in a different color?
We will likely start taking preorders soon. We were only planning to offer the bar in black. What color were you looking for? We could possibly do a special order color, but it would likely be a substantial up charge. It wouldn't be a color match...just one of the standard colors our powder coater offers. I will discuss with my team and powder coater this week and see what we can do.

Are different colors something other people are interested in? Maybe I can check what standard colors our coater has vs the colors offered by Subaru and Scion, and see if we can implement some options. Again, if we can do it, custom would definitely cost more and take longer than standard production run parts. Thanks

Thanks

Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #20
gmookher
Banned

Drives: VortechSC,BorlaEL,Perrin,GCRace
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
black
gmookher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #21
xenocharger

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout / 2002 Celica GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to xenocharger
As far as colors I figure that a white bar to match the car would be nice, that or a gold / matte bronze would be real awesome since it would match my rims and trim. Dont get me wrong I'll definately take it in black if need be
xenocharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #22
JRitt

Update...we should be shipping these out by Christmas. Pre-orders will be open soon!

Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #23
soros151
SorosMotorsports

Drives: Whiteout Pearl
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
It looks great. I wonder if daily driving is affected. Besides getting into an accident and breaking our skulls... that's beside the point. LOVE IT! Looks awesome! Let's see if I start pocking up autox again.
soros151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar, belt, cage, harness, rollbar