follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 10-03-2015, 01:54 PM   #1
AyJay

Drives: 22 GR86, 13 FR-S, AP2 S2000
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Project Mu HC+800 for StopTech BBK ST-40 Calipers - the search is over

Let me preface this post by saying I have no monetary affilation with SpeedFreaks USA. My only connection is running with/against the proprietors in Time Attack competition around NorCal and the open dialog this activity spawns.

I am only posting this to help the handful of us in the 86 community running the StopTech BBK with a desire to use Project Mu pads.

Recently, I reached out to SpeedFreaks, as well as a handful of other popular vendors with a relationship with PMu. I was searching for HC+800 pads for the StopTech ST-40 caliper and was repeatedly turned away by every vendor either because they couldn't get them or because it was considered a special order item that became cost prohibitive for a single purchase. I eventually turned back to CarboTech products for lack of availability (1st world problems lol).

I was recently notified by SpeedFreaks that they did in fact place a special order for these pads and are making them available to StopTech owners at an affordable price. I may opt for HC+800 street/AutoX/track back-up pads again along with Club Racer's for track once my CT pads are used up.

I just wanted to give other StopTech BBk owners the heads up if there are others like me who wanted HC+800 but were previously unable to get them.

You can get them here: http://speedfreaksusa.com/i-22932071...ech-st-40.html

Last edited by AyJay; 10-03-2015 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typo
AyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,180 Times in 6,836 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
We've always had these available; the backing plate is fairly common.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (10-04-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 12:05 PM   #3
AyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
We've always had these available; the backing plate is fairly common.
CSG was included in the vendors I checked when I was previously unable to source these. CSG David was one of the few vendors that gave me the option to purchase instead of just saying not available. However, the price was much more than I was expecting to spend. Per David, it appears Pmu is only manufacturing for stoptech calipers in Japan vs. their US market products coming from Taiwan (iirc). The Japan based products at nearly double the price did not offer the bang for the buck i look for in my consumables.

Last edited by AyJay; 10-04-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #4
AyJay

I ran into my buddy from SpeedFreaks @ Thunderhill this past weekend.

He let me know they have these pads in stock now and ready to ship.
To the best of my knowledge, as an FRS/StopTech owner who was actively looking for these, SpeedFreaks is the only vendor in the USA where these aren't a special order from Japan at an inflated price.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:48 PM   #5
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyJay View Post
I ran into my buddy from SpeedFreaks @ Thunderhill this past weekend.

He let me know they have these pads in stock now and ready to ship.
To the best of my knowledge, as an FRS/StopTech owner who was actively looking for these, SpeedFreaks is the only vendor in the USA where these aren't a special order from Japan at an inflated price.
HC+800 is for North American specific markets and assembled elsewhere. HC+ is from Japan. It's possible SpeedFreaks may have bought out the Stoptech batch ahead of time.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #6
CSG David

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 1,721 Times in 956 Posts
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyJay View Post
CSG was included in the vendors I checked when I was previously unable to source these. CSG David was one of the few vendors that gave me the option to purchase instead of just saying not available. However, the price was much more than I was expecting to spend. Per David, it appears Pmu is only manufacturing for stoptech calipers in Japan vs. their US market products coming from Taiwan (iirc). The Japan based products at nearly double the price did not offer the bang for the buck i look for in my consumables.
Sorry we couldn't help you out that time! Some vendors buyout complete inventory. Since we mainly receive requests for Brembo and AP Racing fitments, we have less inventory for Stoptech fitments. HC+800 is ordered in quantities of 25-50 sets so it's possible SF decided to order that amount to stock up.
CSG David is offline   Reply With Quote