follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #155
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW View Post
i pulled the trigger on the SWP
From the looks of it, it was a kill shot...

All joking aside, glad you're back in action with your #1 color choice. Just curious, will you still be using that dealership for future servicework or are you staying away from them?
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #156
GNS

Drives: .
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
From the looks of it, it was a kill shot...

All joking aside, glad you're back in action with your #1 color choice. Just curious, will you still be using that dealership for future servicework or are you staying away from them?
If I were him, I wouldn't even drive near the dealership, let alone go there for any service work.
GNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #157
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNS View Post
If I were him, I wouldn't even drive near the dealership, let alone go there for any service work.
I know I wouldn't let them work on the fuel pump anymore.

Its stories like this that give dealer service a bad rap. I'd wager that 95% of cars that go into the dealer are actually fixed correctly when they came out. Speaking to major repairs here. I don't think I have heard of a single Tacoma frame replacement (the big recall back 5 or so years ago) going bad after it was fixed. If I were the OP, I would request that the car not be worked on by the tech who screwed up the first car, if at all.
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #158
996garage

Drives: 03' NSX & 13' BRZ 6spd Ltd white
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
JCW, thank you for sharing your story. I'm curious if you can give any advice or tips on how others should handle this situation based on your recent experience?

(sounds like you recommend getting legal representation right away?)

Quote:
Here is a summary of how it went down with the dealership.
At first the dealership tried to make my own insurance cover the cost of the car and repay me through them but I had told my insurance to put a hold on my claim because I believed it was the dealerships fault that my car had caught on fire. An investigation concluded that the source of the fire was fuel related and soon afterwards the dealership's insurance contacted me thru my lawyer and it took a while but things finally settled. The dealership did not set me up with my new BRZ, I had to look thru the subaru dealerships in socal until I had found one without markups. From the time my old car burnt down to when the dealership's insurance had paid me, I had a rental car from enterprise that was paid for by the dealership.

and about the color, WRB has always been my favorite color. SWP was a close second and a SWP came up before a WRB did when I was first looking for a BRZ so i pulled the trigger on the SWP
996garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #159
Lakers86

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Dang i think i can live with the crickets now.. But im glad to see that you were safe when the incident occurred and everything worked out in your favor.
Lakers86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #160
Carlsbad

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ WRB Limited MT
Bob Baker in carlsbad has the poorest reputation. The fact that they did not even sell you another BRZ speaks volumes.
Nobody should step in that dealership, period.
I am glad they paid for your BRZ. I am sure if they could they would drag you on for a long time.
Happy driving in your new BRZ.
Carlsbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #161
CLM

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Talking

It's good you're back in a BRZ and better yet it's good you're safe!
now drive that baby!
CLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #162
kash

Drives: an awesome one
Quote:
and about the color, WRB has always been my favorite color. SWP was a close second and a SWP came up before a WRB did when I was first looking for a BRZ so i pulled the trigger on the SWP
You and WRB are meant to be!
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #163
DocCola
Something funny

Drives: 2011 WRX hatch DGM
Glad this story had a happy ending and you walked away from the incident unhurt.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:37 AM   #164
butdamnbrian

Drives: 13 gbs brz
great work, op. very smartly handled - both in securing representation and in going silent online while the matter was pending. to be clear, you're referring to your own lawyer and not your ins co's attorney, correct?

Quote:
Here is a summary of how it went down with the dealership.
At first the dealership tried to make my own insurance cover the cost of the car and repay me through them but I had told my insurance to put a hold on my claim because I believed it was the dealerships fault that my car had caught on fire. An investigation concluded that the source of the fire was fuel related and soon afterwards the dealership's insurance contacted me thru my lawyer and it took a while but things finally settled. The dealership did not set me up with my new BRZ, I had to look thru the subaru dealerships in socal until I had found one without markups. From the time my old car burnt down to when the dealership's insurance had paid me, I had a rental car from enterprise that was paid for by the dealership.