follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 08-11-2016, 04:51 PM   #99
Timaday
Timaday

Drives: 13' Subaru BRZ w/ 91 tune
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
good stuff. thanks
Timaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:05 AM   #100
Cryptospook
Coupe enthusiast

Drives: 13 FR-S, 00 Miata, 00 328CI
Throwing rocker arms through the valve cover.
Cryptospook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 04:46 PM   #101
_keepkushin_

Drives: 2013 subaru brz limited
Garage
problems

this has been a fun platform to learn from... although it seems like it fell a little short perfection all im saying is wtf it seems like im either getting a code or sheering off all fly wheel bolts to tracing problems from cam sensors or crank plate or wanting to stay idle after barely touching gas pedal now to a knock and i think i seen someone say throw a rocker arm through the casing.... well if thats the case lets go.... cars been down a few weeks but it really seems like months even thought i daily a gmc t6500 turbo diesel everyday. so i have a 2013 brz and recently my car shut down on the freeway and wouldnt turn back over not even with a jump or a charged battery, i proceeded to check the harness and sensors and starter. i purchased a new started cause mine was seized [wtf] so when my "new" starter came in i went to work with a brand new battery and also a jumper box.... man i thought to myself this has to work... and to my suprise it did until the horrible sounds of what im calling clakking from somewhere by the where the trans and block casings meet. car will turn over but when i press a lil on the gas around 2k rpms the noise comes and it only gets louder, now i have checked my grounds also replaced all 4 cam sensors i have checked crank plate its tight also cluthe and trans mounts to motor mounts, to exshaust and driveshaft im wondering if its not due to a spun bearing or possible something else. a few days ago i started the car and let it idle for 45 mins without giving it gas and it sounded normal so after the 45 mins was up i gave it gas and let off then it would bog down. it was also making a screeachting sound. car is still under warranty and it currently tuned on oft n1 dual catback and skunk 2 uels stock air box. can someone point me in the right direction or offer some insight thanks in advance
_keepkushin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:14 PM   #102
Kazoku

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S
I have an automatic (I know, cardinal sin) and shifting in manual mode with the stick does nothing now. I've removed the cover and verified that the switches are making contact but I haven't figured it out yet. The paddles shift just fine. Has anyone else ran into this?
Kazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:32 PM   #103
jdm-rhd

Drives: 95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7
subbed
looks like a 'must read' thread
jdm-rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:37 AM   #104
mswbrz

Drives: 2013 brz limited / galaxy blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _keepkushin_ View Post
this has been a fun platform to learn from... although it seems like it fell a little short perfection all im saying is wtf it seems like im either getting a code or sheering off all fly wheel bolts to tracing problems from cam sensors or crank plate or wanting to stay idle after barely touching gas pedal now to a knock and i think i seen someone say throw a rocker arm through the casing.... well if thats the case lets go.... cars been down a few weeks but it really seems like months even thought i daily a gmc t6500 turbo diesel everyday. so i have a 2013 brz and recently my car shut down on the freeway and wouldnt turn back over not even with a jump or a charged battery, i proceeded to check the harness and sensors and starter. i purchased a new started cause mine was seized [wtf] so when my "new" starter came in i went to work with a brand new battery and also a jumper box.... man i thought to myself this has to work... and to my suprise it did until the horrible sounds of what im calling clakking from somewhere by the where the trans and block casings meet. car will turn over but when i press a lil on the gas around 2k rpms the noise comes and it only gets louder, now i have checked my grounds also replaced all 4 cam sensors i have checked crank plate its tight also cluthe and trans mounts to motor mounts, to exshaust and driveshaft im wondering if its not due to a spun bearing or possible something else. a few days ago i started the car and let it idle for 45 mins without giving it gas and it sounded normal so after the 45 mins was up i gave it gas and let off then it would bog down. it was also making a screeachting sound. car is still under warranty and it currently tuned on oft n1 dual catback and skunk 2 uels stock air box. can someone point me in the right direction or offer some insight thanks in advance

Flash to stock and take to dealer , your paying for warranty for a reason , let those monkeys stress on it instead of throwing money and stress at it bro .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mswbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mswbrz For This Useful Post:
Marrk (08-07-2021)