follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 04-04-2015, 04:29 AM   #57
Young_makaveli

Drives: 2013 frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
That's a very important vapor and noise barrier. The inside of our doors gets very wet.

I used a razor blade to carefully slice away at the black adhesive stuff while stretching it to separate the plastic from the door.

The window adjustment is a different story. First off, your window doesn't look loose. It looks pretty normal. What else brings you to the conclusion that something is wrong?

Getting the window adjusted properly is a HUGE deal. I've had mine apart 3 times to tinker and get it just right. Last year I got a little ahead of myself and promised a DIY. Then I figured out how tricky the adjustment actually is. I'm still not confident I can explain it effectively.
Well what tells me that it's loose is that it wiggles from left to right and the passenger side does not

Anyways I decided not to mess around with it and booked a appointment with toyota on Tuesday

The only thing I'm worried about is that they will just rip away the plastic and not put it back ...

Hopefully that plastic won't be to big of a deal even if it's not there
Young_makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #58
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,516 Times in 18,918 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_makaveli View Post
Well what tells me that it's loose is that it wiggles from left to right and the passenger side does not

Anyways I decided not to mess around with it and booked a appointment with toyota on Tuesday

The only thing I'm worried about is that they will just rip away the plastic and not put it back ...

Hopefully that plastic won't be to big of a deal even if it's not there
Yeah. My passenger side is still a little too tight. I took apart my driver side because it was jamming itself crooked from the factory and eventually started opening with a loud pop.

The passenger side brushes still squeak a little when damp. It also moves a touch more slowly than my driver side. The regulator itself and the top hard stops are aligned nicely so I haven't been in a big hurry to mess with it.

The dealer had better replace your vapor barrier with a brand new one. It's considered a consumable for door service. They know it's important.
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #59
Young_makaveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Yeah. My passenger side is still a little too tight. I took apart my driver side because it was jamming itself crooked from the factory and eventually started opening with a loud pop.

The passenger side brushes still squeak a little when damp. It also moves a touch more slowly than my driver side. The regulator itself and the top hard stops are aligned nicely so I haven't been in a big hurry to mess with it.

The dealer had better replace your vapor barrier with a brand new one. It's considered a consumable for door service. They know it's important.
I'll double check after they finish the fix
But I don't think it should cause any damages even though the vapor barrier is removed
Old 04-20-2015, 02:06 PM   #60
Young_makaveli

Ok so I went to Toyota to try and fix my window .. they changed my window regulator cause that's the only thing the tech said could cause a loose window but when he put the new one ..the window is still loose !

He said him and other techs took a look at my car but couldn't find what could be causing the window to be loose and said it just might be normal

Can anybody here please help me

Thanks
Old 07-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #61
crash.1340
BRZ FNG

Drives: 00 Civic LX/CWP or GBS BRZ someday
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_makaveli View Post
Ok so I went to Toyota to try and fix my window .. they changed my window regulator cause that's the only thing the tech said could cause a loose window but when he put the new one ..the window is still loose !

He said him and other techs took a look at my car but couldn't find what could be causing the window to be loose and said it just might be normal

Can anybody here please help me

Thanks
That means it's probably normal. If it works fine don't worry about it.
crash.1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crash.1340 For This Useful Post:
Young_makaveli (07-14-2015)