follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 01-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #1093
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarredH View Post
I've got a set of 18x9.5 + 35 wheels and am looking for a semi track setup with minimal stretch, yet decently low not slammed. Have BC Coils and would like some semi slicks. NT01, NT05, etc... will i rub? looking into 255/35/18s but want to remain low. Definitely has to be 35 aspect ratio
yes
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:36 PM   #1094
Sypher

Drives: '13 Ultramarine FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
245/40/17 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 on Gramlights 57DR +38

Old 01-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #1095
AZbrz89

Drives: 14 BRZ Crystal Black Silica Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
@JarredH Just ordered enkei raijins 18x9.5 all around with Michelin pilot super sports 255/35/18 enkei said they'll fit with coilovers so you will be fine
AZbrz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:09 PM   #1096
texasbound972
USMC

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6-MT Raven
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Getting black Enkei nt03+M 18x9.5 +40 with Falken Anzeis 275/35. Can't wait!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:30 PM   #1097
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbound972 View Post
Getting black Enkei nt03+M 18x9.5 +40 with Falken Anzeis 275/35. Can't wait!
those are massive, whats your reason for THAT much tire? just curious.

you will need to roll rear, 100% shave rear bumper corners/tabs. in the front roll the part by the side markers and etc if you haven't don't so already. you will rub on hard bumps, but i don't know what type suspension you have.

but with some camber, because youre offset isn't that low i think you can make it work with like -2.5 up front and -2 rear if you roll well

as far as how much you can fit, i know people going as big as 285, but in all honesty if you have a good tire nothing more than a 265 is required, if that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarredH View Post
I've got a set of 18x9.5 + 35 wheels and am looking for a semi track setup with minimal stretch, yet decently low not slammed. Have BC Coils and would like some semi slicks. NT01, NT05, etc... will i rub? looking into 255/35/18s but want to remain low. Definitely has to be 35 aspect ratio
you should not get tires that aggressive for the street, especially if you don't have a lot of seat time. you're better off with a v12 category of tire. please don't buy tires for a certain tread look.

because your offset is low you should go no wider than 255/35, especially if you go with the type of tire you describe, most run wide, and if you want to not rub, without running crazy camber and actually have a somewhat okay handling car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbrz89 View Post
I appreciate the heads up! Whiteline one of the best lcs' s? I wish I could drop it more than I want to but stupid Arizona and their stupid drive way design's with the pitch
you don't NEED LCA's but its a smart idea like they said because you can have matching camber, thus have more even rear wear, also if you lower it a lot, the cambers in too much. if your'e too low, certain LCA require toe arms too, had that issue with my cusco.

look into SPC arms, they are affordable and work well. much easier to adjust (can't stand aligning my fucking car cuz of cusco arms)
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #1098
texasbound972
USMC

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post

you will need to roll rear, 100% shave rear bumper corners/tabs. in the front roll the part by the side markers and etc if you haven't don't so already. you will rub on hard bumps, but i don't know what type suspension you have.

but with some camber, because youre offset isn't that low i think you can make it work with like -2.5 up front and -2 rear if you roll well

you should not get tires that aggressive for the street, especially if you don't have a lot of seat time. you're better off with a v12 category of tire. please don't buy tires for a certain tread look.

because your offset is low you should go no wider than 255/35, especially if you go with the type of tire you describe, most run wide, and if you want to not rub, without running crazy camber and actually have a somewhat okay handling car.

you don't NEED LCA's but its a smart idea like they said because you can have matching camber, thus have more even rear wear, also if you lower it a lot, the cambers in too much. if your'e too low, certain LCA require toe arms too, had that issue with my cusco.

look into SPC arms, they are affordable and work well. much easier to adjust (can't stand aligning my fucking car cuz of cusco arms)
I'm gonna have close to 600 ftlb of torque. So yeah I actually need wider tires lol. If you haven't been following my build I'm getting Crawfords built short block and my turbo is twice as big as his. I'm on KW V3's.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #1099
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbound972 View Post
I'm gonna have close to 600 ftlb of torque. So yeah I actually need wider tires lol. If you haven't been following my build I'm getting Crawfords built short block and my turbo is twice as big as his.
ahhh, okay okay that makes sense. ever look into mickey thompsons? a lot of local supra guys run them on the street.

but once again, with your offset, you'll need a 255. 265 will be too tight without more serious pulling/camber.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #1100
texasbound972
USMC

Garage
If I got to make adjustments I will do what it takes. Thank you for your input though. I'll have to look in to those tires. I daily drive this car so I don't want to have to replace my tires every month lol. Is there anyone else with high torque numbers?
Old 01-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #1101
AZbrz89

Quote:

as far as how much you can fit, i know people going as big as 285, but in all honesty if you have a good tire nothing more than a 265 is required, if that.

You sure about spc's quality? Seems to cheap to out perform the competition when its half the price of theirs. But I like the options it has like you said.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #1102
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbrz89 View Post
You sure about spc's quality? Seems to cheap to out perform the competition when its half the price of theirs. But I like the options it has like you said.
do you know the design difference? they adjust in two different ways compared to all other arms. so there much less R/D in the design, which makes the price this cheap. they are essentially a stock arm with a cam.

almost all the local people who auto-x and track run these and have zero issues, i've yet to see it slip or fail, unless others can show otherwise?

i'm going to be switching to them, you can buy my Cusco's if you want.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:02 PM   #1103
AZbrz89

Quote:
do you know the design difference? they adjust in two different ways compared to all other arms. so there much less R/D in the design, which makes the price this cheap. they are essentially a stock arm with a cam.

almost all the local people who auto-x and track run these and have zero issues, i've yet to see it slip or fail, unless others can show otherwise?

i'm going to be switching to them, you can buy my Cusco's if you want.
Ill take your word for it. For the price I can justify it and Im doing all my mods before I install my c38 supercharger and get it tuned. One less thing in have to do later. Thank you sir
Old 01-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #1104
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
much easier to adjust (can't stand aligning my fucking car cuz of cusco arms)
Curious about the issues you have aligning with the CUSCO LCAs, can you expand on that? I just picked up a set without toe arms to help out with the stance when I'm aired out, but I want to redo the alignment on my drive height. Would be nice to know what to look out for.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #1105
OmarGC
My FR-S has 5 gears

Drives: FRS/280z/Tundra
Thanked 1,065 Times in 572 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I have SPC's. I love em

2JZ - 6870 - stock block - 1000whp?

Instagram: 2jzus
OmarGC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OmarGC For This Useful Post:
Apoc (01-07-2015), AZbrz89 (01-07-2015), Jive Turkey (01-07-2015)
Old 01-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #1106
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
Curious about the issues you have aligning with the CUSCO LCAs, can you expand on that? I just picked up a set without toe arms to help out with the stance when I'm aired out, but I want to redo the alignment on my drive height. Would be nice to know what to look out for.

the way they are in the subframe, with the car lowered you cannot fit a wrench in there, period. so you either use a punch (which is what i do) to rotate the nuts, or you have to lift the rear to let the arms droop, adjust it, lower car, settle a bit, check alignment, repeat. this takes for fucking ever. unless you wanna run crazy camber, the cusco are jus a PITA to adjust. quality is great, very solid and etc but adjusting them is the most annoying thing.

if you do not align your car yourself, you have nothing to worry about here besides possibly paying more labor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jive Turkey For This Useful Post:
Jyn (01-07-2015)