follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 04-01-2021, 07:04 AM   #2549
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,318 Times in 4,120 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Did you buy through Origin? if it's been within 24hrs of first launching it, you can get a refund
I forgot about refunds.
Refunded through Steam.

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 07:07 AM   #2550
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Dammit. Where have all the games I want to play gone?

Old 04-01-2021, 07:13 AM   #2551
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Dammit. Where have all the games I want to play gone?
What games do you like? I hear you though, multiplayer popularity Rising over the last 15 years surely changed the games being made.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:51 AM   #2552
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
What games do you like?
I can tell you some of the games I have really liked but I suspect, like a recommendation algorithm, it won't help me find a game.

My favourite games have been (still are?)
The first Far Cry, enjoyed the first two Crysis, Dying Light, all of Deus Ex except for the 2nd one which I thought was garbage, Defence Grid 1 and 2, all of Half Life, Caesar 2 and 3 and Cleopatra, Just Cause 2 and 3 not 4, the earlier Serious Sams, SOMA is/was f*cking brilliant should be played knowing nothing about it can't play it again, all of the STALKERS though somewhat dated now, Thief 2, Tower of Guns, I enjoyed Wofensteins at the time I don't think I can play them again, I kinda liked the Talos Principle but I didn't complete it became not worth the effort, Watch Dogs 2 I played a couple of times I didn't think 3 brought anything new to the table what so ever, Metro with the first being my favourite, Borderlands but I haven't played the last one won't go there, Dead Cells, the first Dead Space was brilliant, oh man the the first Bioshock was a masterpiece, the second one good but not great, Dishonored 1 and 2 was enjoyable, Bulletstorm was a surprise I've play 3 or 4 times, the first Max Payne was fantastic and I'm going to stop here.

Thanks, that was a nice reminisce.
Thanks for reading.

The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
Transport3r (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 08:05 AM   #2553
Transport3r

Drives: -
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Any PC Gamers Around?

Quote:
I can tell you some of the games I have really liked but I suspect, like a recommendation algorithm, it won't help me find a game.

The first Far Cry, enjoyed the first two Crysis, Dying Light, all of Deus Ex except for the 2nd one which I thought was garbage, Defence Grid 1 and 2, all of Half Life, Caesar 2 and 3 and Cleopatra, Just Cause 2 and 3 not 4, the earlier Serious Sams, SOMA is/was f*cking brilliant should be played knowing nothing about it can't play it again, all of the STALKERS though somewhat dated now, Thief 2, Tower of Guns, I enjoyed Wofensteins at the time I don't think I can play them again, I kinda liked the Talos Principle but I didn't complete it became not worth the effort, Watch Dogs 2 I played a couple of times I didn't think 3 brought anything new to the table what so ever, Metro with the first being my favourite, Borderlands but I haven't played the last one won't go there, Dead Cells, the first Dead Space was brilliant, oh man the the first Bioshock was a masterpiece, the second one good but not great, Dishonored 1 and 2 was enjoyable, Bulletstorm was a surprise I've play 3 or 4 times, the first Max Payne was fantastic and I'm going to stop here.

Thanks for reading.

There’s some overlap with the games I enjoy there, enough that there are a few games I can probably recommend.

For Half Life:
Have you tried Black Mesa? Really good remake of HL1 in HL2 engine. Xen especially is much improved.
HL: Alyx is absolutely staggeringly good, but VR makes it expensive. Still absolutely worth it, it’s like nothing I’ve ever experienced.
The portal games are worth it too, same universe, portal 1 is short and sweet, and portal 2 adds quite a bit of lore/backstory.

Based on some of the FPS/horror titles:
Control is very good so far, I’m about 1/3 the way through. Check out a video review, it’s hard to describe the atmosphere.

A bit more in the RPG direction, but highly recommended: Horizon Zero Dawn. Good combat mechanics, excellent characters and acting, post apocalyptic setting, and robot dinosaurs.

I’ve heard very good things about Jedi: fallen order but haven’t gotten to it yet.
Transport3r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Transport3r For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #2554
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks for reading.

I'm assuming you also played Fallout series and Skyrim, I know they are over hyped but they are very solid games with tons of hours of gameplay. For horror I'd recommend the Amnesia Series, and Outlast. Hell, I'd even reccomend getting into the Kingdom Hearts series, Final Fantasy vibes with Disney added into it, and a story line that has a lot of twists and turns. Horizon Zero Dawn is very solid, No Man's Sky which has gotten a lot better since their horrendous release, they really redeemed themselves lately.

A game with solid story line also is Life is Strange, didn't play the second one but the first was a very interesting concept.
Captain Snooze (04-01-2021), Dadhawk (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 11:07 AM   #2555
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,907 Times in 11,362 Posts
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I'm assuming you also played Fallout series....
On the FallOut series, I wouldn't go back any further than Fallout 3. 1 and 2 were turn-based RPGs, and I know a lot of people loved them, but I could only play for about 2 minutes before I was bored with it. New Vegas is probably the best of the bunch.

Star Wars Squadrons is pretty good, but is best with a VR setup. It runs fine on the Quest 2 with QuestLink but you will want a flight stick if you don't have one so there is cost involved.

The aforementioned "Risk of Rain 2" is a good gap filler if you like 3rd person shooters where you have to make character builds on the fly each run, and each run is different. A full run is usually under an hour, if you can survive to the end (I rarely can unless I'm playing multiplayer).

You didn't mention the Assassin's Creed series. I've played all of those and enjoyed them.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:16 AM   #2556
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post

You didn't mention the Assassin's Creed series. I've played all of those and enjoyed them.
I meant to, but only the Ezio with maybe Connor story line are worth it, Valhalla and Odyssey aren't that bad.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:20 AM   #2557
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
I meant to, but only the Ezio with maybe Connor story line are worth it, Valhalla and Odyssey aren't that bad.
Sorry, I was really referring to @Captain Snooze didn't mention he had played it, should have tagged that part. But yea, the series is definitely hit or miss as it tried to grow up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 12:05 PM   #2558
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Alan Wake
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x808drifter For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (04-01-2021), Transport3r (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 12:07 PM   #2559
Transport3r

Drives: -
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Any PC Gamers Around?

I found squadrons very underwhelming, even in VR. I was probably expecting more than what is reasonable for the type of game they were going for, so it’s probably mostly on me.

They didn’t even bother to put in VR controls. It also lacks a sense of speed in my opinion, and I was expecting the spacecraft to be more maneuverable for faster paced combat. Feels very arcade-y too, but that’s probably the expectation from most people anyway. There’s no drift in the mechanics, but I guess they all have thrust/gravity vectoring to take that out so it just runs on a rail. Played it for two missions and then uninstalled it. Glad it was on game pass and I didn’t actually pay for it.
Transport3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:14 PM   #2560
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transport3r View Post
I found squadrons very underwhelming, even in VR. I was probably expecting more than what is reasonable for the type of game they were going for, so it’s probably mostly on me..
It's no MS Flight Sim in space, that's for sure.

Yea, my expectations were primarily arcade level so it fit about right for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Transport3r (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 06:02 PM   #2561
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Quote:
I'm assuming you also played Fallout series and Skyrim, I know they are over hyped but they are very solid games with tons of hours of gameplay. For horror I'd recommend the Amnesia Series, and Outlast. Hell, I'd even reccomend getting into the Kingdom Hearts series, Final Fantasy vibes with Disney added into it, and a story line that has a lot of twists and turns. Horizon Zero Dawn is very solid, No Man's Sky which has gotten a lot better since their horrendous release, they really redeemed themselves lately.

A game with solid story line also is Life is Strange, didn't play the second one but the first was a very interesting concept.
I've played a couple of Fallout, a gazzillion hours of Skyrim V, I mean 512 hours, Horizon Zero Dawn didn't do it for me, as in after a few hours uninstalled, I tried the first Amnesia but nope.
I have considered No Man's Sky, thank you, I think I'll have a look at that.

Last edited by Captain Snooze; 04-01-2021 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:11 PM   #2562
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transport3r View Post
There’s some overlap with the games I enjoy there, enough that there are a few games I can probably recommend.

For Half Life:
Have you tried Black Mesa? Really good remake of HL1 in HL2 engine. Xen especially is much improved.
HL: Alyx is absolutely staggeringly good, but VR makes it expensive. Still absolutely worth it, it’s like nothing I’ve ever experienced.
The portal games are worth it too, same universe, portal 1 is short and sweet, and portal 2 adds quite a bit of lore/backstory.

Based on some of the FPS/horror titles:
Control is very good so far, I’m about 1/3 the way through. Check out a video review, it’s hard to describe the atmosphere.

A bit more in the RPG direction, but highly recommended: Horizon Zero Dawn. Good combat mechanics, excellent characters and acting, post apocalyptic setting, and robot dinosaurs.

I’ve heard very good things about Jedi: fallen order but haven’t gotten to it yet.
Yeah, I've played Black Mesa and Blue Shift (I still have HL and those games on DVD even though my PC doesn't have a DVD drive).

I played Control, 124 hours worth, so I got my money's worth but for some reason I rated it only about 6.5/10. (In my scale of things of 0-10 anything above 5 is positive.) Good but it didn't have much wow to it for me.

Yeah, I had left the Portals of the list. Beautiful games.

Tags
pc master race, u no have 3080