follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 06-22-2022, 12:34 PM   #1
Chopheadme

Drives: Rocket bunny FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interior trim kits?

Hey guys I just wanted to see if anyone knew if there was an interior trim kit available in all white? I’m looking to change my interior to white and found some stuff but it’s all vinyl stuff and I’m looking for actual replacement parts in white.

I recently removed my trim pieces and painted them white but boy does it look like crap lol maybe the best option would be to take them to a shop and have them re sand it and paint it?

Thanks for your help!
Chopheadme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:25 AM   #2
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Take it to the shop or try redoing it yourself a second time. If you hadn’t already painted your pieces I would’ve suggested buying all the cheap carbon overlays from Ali-express and painting/ wrapping them as they fit fairly well for the most part
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:25 AM   #3
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,673 Times in 993 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopheadme View Post
Hey guys I just wanted to see if anyone knew if there was an interior trim kit available in all white? I’m looking to change my interior to white and found some stuff but it’s all vinyl stuff and I’m looking for actual replacement parts in white.

I recently removed my trim pieces and painted them white but boy does it look like crap lol maybe the best option would be to take them to a shop and have them re sand it and paint it?

Thanks for your help!
A company called Grazio & Co make it in white but they're located in Japan. Your best bet is to take off the trim pieces and mail them to someone like @Eightyzips or @sweidit on instagram and they can just reupholster them for you in whatever colour you want.
NWFRS (06-26-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 03:20 PM   #4
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopheadme View Post

Thanks for your help!
Have you considered painting them in a white primer or flat white spray paint. It generally sticks better and doesnt show minor imperfections and can be fine sanded to smooth out. Hell I painted my whole car flat white rustoleum. Years ago I painted my 3000gt interior pieces flat white and came out great (sorry no pics from then)

Old 06-26-2022, 09:22 PM   #5
NWFRS

Drives: ‘13 FRS
Thanked 1,502 Times in 634 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
A company called Grazio & Co make it in white but they're located in Japan. Your best bet is to take off the trim pieces and mail them to someone like @Eightyzips or @sweidit on instagram and they can just reupholster them for you in whatever colour you want.
White seat covers would be a good way to go. Katzkins offers white as well. If your seats were white I think the odd part here and there would look less weird, painted white. They probably look a little out-of-place all by themselves, those little bezels and trim pieces. If you did seats and maybe floor mats, I bet those small parts would look more at home.
NWFRS is offline   Reply With Quote