follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2022, 08:10 PM   #29
joemysterio

Drives: Mini
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nice, congrats! What's your initial ETA?
joemysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 03:37 AM   #30
Up4speed

Drives: 2023 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemysterio View Post
Nice, congrats! What's your initial ETA?
They didn't give one yet. He has to put it into the system, the "auto bank" or something like that. I guess they get a certain amount of allocation, then he specs and orders the car with that allocation, then he gets an approximate build date. He said he will know in about a week.
Up4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:30 AM   #31
Stigmaru

Drives: 2022 Halo White GR86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up4speed View Post
Thank you all for the responses and help, I truly appreciate it!
I just placed the order for an Ignition Red, limited, 6 spd manual. I also added the mirror.
Thankfully I was able to get it from my local dealer (which I preferred since I already have a working relationship with them), I got it for MSRP. I guess in today's market, it is a fair price, and I will make up some money selling my GTI higher than typical, so it evens out.
Paying MSRP for this car right now is as good as you can get it. It just came out and also there is alot of demand for it and that's not accounting for delays due to COVID.

You'll see dealers offering to sell this car in a range of from MSRP all the way to $6000 markup. The waitlists for the dealers selling at MSRP will be long so people end up paying a larger markup for getting it from a dealer with higher markups. All the more reason for everyone to stand their ground, negotiate and be willing to walk to stop them from price gouging us.
Stigmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigmaru For This Useful Post:
Up4speed (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 09:23 AM   #32
suhhh

Drives: 2022 WRB Limited 6 Speed
Congratulations on your oder!

The lowest price i've seen people get is 1k under MSRP. Myself and a few others managed to get this price, I wonder if I would've been able to get 1.5k under MSRP since I didn't use the subaru loyalty discount.

Even if I couldn't get that price, I would've been ok paying MSRP because of the times we are in now.
suhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:54 AM   #33
Shub Deetle
Large Member

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ
I paid MRSP for my BRZ, along with a $500 discount. I’m not good at haggling, so I never considered it. It appears that paying MRSP for this particular vehicle is about as good as it gets considering all the variables. Maybe a small discount is possible if you’re lucky.
Shub Deetle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shub Deetle For This Useful Post:
Up4speed (01-11-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 10:54 AM   #34
Up4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhhh View Post
Congratulations on your oder!

The lowest price i've seen people get is 1k under MSRP. Myself and a few others managed to get this price, I wonder if I would've been able to get 1.5k under MSRP since I didn't use the subaru loyalty discount.

Even if I couldn't get that price, I would've been ok paying MSRP because of the times we are in now.
Thanks!
Wow you got a great deal! I was trying to get ANY amount under MSRP< and it seemed impossible!
I typically get my cars under invoice, but was ok going to MSRP for this one, because as you said, times are different now. Also, I knew that when I sold my GTI, I would also get more than typical, so at the end, I added the same amount (or less) to get into the new car.
The Following User Says Thank You to Up4speed For This Useful Post:
Aroundomaha (01-15-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 09:34 PM   #35
Burrz

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I paid MSRP -500$ rebate and negotiated free window tinting.
Burrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burrz For This Useful Post:
Up4speed (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 09:40 PM   #36
Tr4ck_day

Drives: 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I am a 22 owner and sales manager at a Subaru dealership in California. Feel free to ask me any questions about the ordering process or fact check what you're being told by other dealers.
Tr4ck_day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tr4ck_day For This Useful Post:
Up4speed (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 11:30 PM   #37
Up4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ck_day View Post
I am a 22 owner and sales manager at a Subaru dealership in California. Feel free to ask me any questions about the ordering process or fact check what you're being told by other dealers.
Thanks for the offer!

My questions:
How long should the dealer take to put my vehicle in the "Auto Bank" to spec my car? Does it matter on his allocation, or can he put it in right away?

Why do some orders take about 2 to 3 months to be delivered, and others take about 5 or 6?

How accurate are the estimates, once I get an estimate? My dealer told me that I should have an estimate in about a week. I ordered about 5 days ago, I haven't heard anything yet.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:44 AM   #38
Tr4ck_day

Quote:
Thanks for the offer!

My questions:
How long should the dealer take to put my vehicle in the "Auto Bank" to spec my car? Does it matter on his allocation, or can he put it in right away?

Why do some orders take about 2 to 3 months to be delivered, and others take about 5 or 6?

How accurate are the estimates, once I get an estimate? My dealer told me that I should have an estimate in about a week. I ordered about 5 days ago, I haven't heard anything yet.
I've never heard of the Auto Bank system before. To order a car we use Subaru's back end portal Subarunet, and place an order through the "Comprehensive Vehicle Locator" tool. We can look at our inventory, the inventory of other dealers, or place a new order. We are a medium to high volume dealer and allocation is not a factor, we can place an order at any time. Once we have used our whole allocation, it starts reserving them from our next one. Dealers that are able to quote 2-3 month times have not sold very many and still have remaining units in their first allocation. Can't imagine there are too many dealers out there with allocation 1 slots left.

Once the order is placed Subarunet instantly provides an ETA in the form of an expected month. As the date approaches, the car gets a VIN assigned and a specific date, usually 3-4 weeks ahead of its arrival. I ordered a BRZ 2 weeks ago and was quoted a May delivery.

Why you haven't been told your delivery ETA yet is a mystery. 99% chance they are just being lazy and not updating you or they haven't placed the order yet for some reason. I'd check in and ask them to send you the VON sheet (Vehicle Order Number). It has the color, option package, accessories, MSRP, invoice (although they will likely white that out) and ETA. If they can't produce it then they have not ordered it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tr4ck_day For This Useful Post:
Aroundomaha (01-15-2022), bholliday (01-12-2022), Up4speed (01-13-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 11:47 PM   #39
Up4speed

Quote:

Why you haven't been told your delivery ETA yet is a mystery. 99% chance they are just being lazy and not updating you or they haven't placed the order yet for some reason. I'd check in and ask them to send you the VON sheet (Vehicle Order Number). It has the color, option package, accessories, MSRP, invoice (although they will likely white that out) and ETA. If they can't produce it then they have not ordered it.
I still didn't get the VON, or an estimated production date yet!
I stopped by the dealer today to ask about it again. They showed me the computer, and it confirms that the order was placed on 1/6/21, and it shows "order accepted" on 1/13/21 (the date that orders were cut off from Subaru).
But that's all that shows. No order numbers or dates of any kind. I'm confused because it seems that others are saying that they get more info from the dealer, such as estimated dates as soon as the order is placed.
Does my experience sound normal, or typical?
What's the chance that I will get a car in a few months?
Old 01-27-2022, 01:31 PM   #40
Tr4ck_day

Quote:
I still didn't get the VON, or an estimated production date yet!
I stopped by the dealer today to ask about it again. They showed me the computer, and it confirms that the order was placed on 1/6/21, and it shows "order accepted" on 1/13/21 (the date that orders were cut off from Subaru).
But that's all that shows. No order numbers or dates of any kind. I'm confused because it seems that others are saying that they get more info from the dealer, such as estimated dates as soon as the order is placed.
Does my experience sound normal, or typical?
What's the chance that I will get a car in a few months?
That is not typical of the experience I am familiar with in my store. I'm not sure if they run different systems in different parts of the country or not though.

We get a VON and an ETA month as soon as we place the order 100% of the time though.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:04 AM   #41
Up4speed

Quote:
That is not typical of the experience I am familiar with in my store. I'm not sure if they run different systems in different parts of the country or not though.

We get a VON and an ETA month as soon as we place the order 100% of the time though.
Thanks!
This doesn't make me feel comfortable, but I guess there's nothing I can do at this point anyway, since they stopped accepting orders for the car.
If I get screwed, I will probably just wind up with a 2023. If orders open up again, and I don't have any further info, I will probably try to buy the car from a different dealer.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:56 PM   #42
BRZ549

Drives: '90 TA, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just be glad you guys/gals aren't shopping for a 2023 Honda Civic Type R. I got an e-mail from Honda last night. I responded to it and got a call from a "salesman" at a local Honda dealership this morning. They want a $1,000 deposit just to get on a list. I ask how much they are going to sell for and he says "They are rare, may only make 400 of them. Price will be $50,000 to $70,000.

Sorry guy, 50,000 units to date won't ever qualify as rare in this lifetime. Great car but not $50K -$70K great.
BRZ549 is offline   Reply With Quote