follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-11-2021, 08:38 PM   #1
Saskatuon

Drives: 2017 Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Alignment check

Help, i recently installed LCAs and rear toe arms, i then got an alignment at a custom shop (before measurements) then took it to firestone and got it aligned (actual measurements). The problem i am having is while turning left or right on a curve the car starts to lose traction and the traction control light flashes.
was not doing this before the install and alignment. would this be something with the parts i put on or the alignment. i have taken the car on these roads many times and never lost traction at higher speeds than i am now. The car is on bc racing coilovers which ive been running for about 4 years. any help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Saskatuon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
Pat

Drives: 2023 BRZ
Thanked 1,250 Times in 676 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
For what it's worth I typically run about one degree of camber more in the front than the rear. I suspect your car is under steering badly.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:12 PM   #3
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,890 Times in 2,032 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
"Actuals" are current, right?
If measurements are accurate, your rear toe-in was WAY off before, 1.3 degrees total is insane!

Nothing I'm seeing in your current alignment looks off, but you might see if you can check at another shop to confirm.

Did you get LCAs to reduce rear camber? Looks like they evened rear camber out left/right but toward the higher end a bit. Not that I think 3 degrees should give you any problems, but for street car you might want more like -1.5 to -2 degrees.
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:22 PM   #4
gen3v8
Barred

Drives: My18 wrxsti My19 brzts
Thanked 1,187 Times in 610 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
If you took it to a custom shop and got an alignment why did you get another at Firestone. Unless you mean you got it measured at a custom shop first.
Seems like they only adjusted some toe as its all over the place. What specs did you ask them for? It`s not even in their specs. Higher quality picture helps
Old 02-11-2021, 10:11 PM   #5
Saskatuon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen3v8 View Post
If you took it to a custom shop and got an alignment why did you get another at Firestone. Unless you mean you got it measured at a custom shop first.
Seems like they only adjusted some toe as its all over the place. What specs did you ask them for? It`s not even in their specs. Higher quality picture helps
i took it to a custom shop after the install planning for it to be my only alignment but it felt horrible after so i wanted a second opinion. turns out it was the toe being far off.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:13 PM   #6
Saskatuon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
"Actuals" are current, right?
If measurements are accurate, your rear toe-in was WAY off before, 1.3 degrees total is insane!

Nothing I'm seeing in your current alignment looks off, but you might see if you can check at another shop to confirm.

Did you get LCAs to reduce rear camber? Looks like they evened rear camber out left/right but toward the higher end a bit. Not that I think 3 degrees should give you any problems, but for street car you might want more like -1.5 to -2 degrees.
my plan was to reduce camber i bought the lcas 3 years ago and just decided to put them on since i had them tbh

the before was from the custom shops first alignment sadly they didnt have any info on the before, they didnt even give me a alignment sheet after. was a bad shop i regret it but i guess you live and you learn.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:15 PM   #7
Saskatuon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
For what it's worth I typically run about one degree of camber more in the front than the rear. I suspect your car is under steering badly.
i went for a drive without tc on, dont know if it was smart or not, but the car drove basically perfect didnt feel anything weird, thinking the sensor got messed up during install maybe? all i can really think of at this point.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:42 AM   #8
gen3v8
Barred

Drives: My18 wrxsti My19 brzts
Thanked 1,187 Times in 610 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
The wheel alignment is not good the car would not be balanced. It needs to be set up within its adjustment parameters properly front to rear. Apart from a problem. Like i asked
you what specs did you ask for
Old 02-12-2021, 07:35 AM   #9
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Ok some simple questions, Tires worn evenly? Tire pressures even?

Your camber is not matched well in the front, to much camber in the back(my opinion)
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment, coil overs, grip, help me, suspension