follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 12-21-2020, 11:57 AM   #15
evomike

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post
alright, well seeing as you are not 1 post then gone, never seen again, im more inclined to outline some information.

Wheels
you want 18x9.5+25 fronts
..............18x10.5+15 rears
or very similar. do not get wider than a 9.5 in front, as those wheels need to turn inside the wheel well, and the larger the wheel, the more things it rubs against. 10.5 and 11 are the go to sizes for rear. 275/35/18 is a great tire size for the rears, and you can get federals on ebay in that size for 100/tire. the front tires are cheaper bc they are smaller, 245's or 255's
kansai makes these spec wheels for about $1000 a set, and cosmis makes these spec for ~1,000 a set. enkei make these specs too, xxrs make similar spec too, xxr gets hate, but the fact is they are fine for daily driving. you can post a wtb ad for widebody wheels and have several options to choose from on the widebody fb page, people are constantly look to upgrade. you will need 50mm spacers on all 4 wheels, you can buy wheels in 5x100 or 5x114.3 and get conversion spacers, because you need spacers regardless
another option is forgestars in 18x9.5-25 front 18x11-6 rear with a 25mm spacer rear, very common setup and these are always available for sale used.

:
if you run wheels in this size it will not fill the fenders and be a complete waste of time or need gigantic spacers just buy wheels that are the correct size and offset.
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evomike For This Useful Post:
Mike_ZN6 (12-23-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 09:47 PM   #16
Deathghat

Drives: 92 civic, 13 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post
Great, you are better off than i was anticipating. if you do the install and wrap yourself you will save a healthy amount of money, and have a superb time falling in love with your car, turning wrenches etc. seems like the more work i personally put in on my car, the stronger the bond grows, i can only imagine the feeling of doing the entire build with my own hands.

the response you are were initially looking for:

you can get the rocketbunny kits direct from shopgreddy, thats straight from the source, but i agree the rocketbunny is played out. rallybacker is creeping up in popularity, they are basically "discovered" now, but for good reason (like rktbny), order direct from rallybackerusa.com most of the other kits you would want to get through a usa performance part supplier. a lot of the widebody manufactures websites are in japanese and you would want to communicate with a company like evasive if you were to place an order for a varis kit. there is a healthy number of people who work in the industry that monitor the widebody 86 fb page. if you reach out there, some of the plugs that work at places like system motorsports, blacklist motorsporst, autotuned, the list goes on. these people are in contact with air lift, ssr wheels, work wheels, voltex, libertywalk, greddy, hks, its literally what these people do for a living and have close professional relations with them. they will guide you through placing an order for a kit if you want something of the more curated flavor

im just going to rattle off kits for you to look into. rocketbunny, rallybacker, varis, aimgain, karma, vlene, 326power, bn sports, fly1, liberty walk, artisan spirit, veilside, lux motion, ML24, robot,

Thank you you've been very helpful! i'll look into these and I have the other thread someone mentioned. My buddy pointed out that unless i go to about +40 Offest my wheels won't be flush with stock fenders. So i'm finding a new wheel that I love now
Deathghat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body kit, brz, stance, wide body, wide body kits