follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 05-13-2016, 02:25 PM   #15
gkubed

Drives: 15 ZN6, 97 NA8, 87 AE82, 78 MX32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
I would be very surprised...[length redacted]...good ones at that.
Thanks for the excellent write-up. I emailed FA who said their springs are "a silicone chrome alloy spring that we get made overseas". I'm not sure what I expected, but it sounds like I'm going to take the $350 upgrade, and if I were to choose right now I suppose I'd say I'd go with Hyperco. Pardon my comment about spring manufacturing changing over the years; it was only an assumption made while being completely in the dark as far as spring manufacturing goes.

Update: So I went to Fortune Auto in person (yay local manufacturers) and spoke to them. They said that their springs are made in Taiwan and they generally recommend people get Swift or Hyperco springs if you can afford it. They also had the opinion that Swift and Hyperco are both pretty great, and that they're very comparable.

I ended up getting a deal on a set of prototype 510's used on a BRZ that they'll have rebuilt for me by the end of next week. They through in some Raceseng camber plates and they'll be fitted with Swift springs. I would have preferred Hyperco springs, but I got an incredible deal that I won't be complaining about.

Last edited by gkubed; 05-13-2016 at 09:33 PM.
gkubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coilovers, fortune auto, hyperco, springs, swift