follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 04-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #29
mrunal91

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey guys,

I got my windshield replaced this weekend, it came out to $325 with install (they were able to save my molding, otherwise it would have been an additional $50). I went to AD auto glass in Westminister and had a pretty good experience. I called in on a Friday to schedule a Saturday appointment; however, the distributor would not deliver on a Saturday. Ryan, who i believe is the owner, offered to send one of his guys to go pick up the glass so i could have it installed on Saturday.

I went with the Pilkington (made in Mexico) with a green tint; the shop said it is as close to OEM as it can be without being OEM. I have not noticed any distortion and the visibility of glass seems factory.

I washed my car after 2 whole days and fortunately did not have a leak; however I am noticing a slight increase in wind noise which, at the moment, i am attributing to a non-factory glass. Planning to go get it checked out for any minor leaks if the wind noise becomes unbearable.
mrunal91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, cost, crack, windshield