follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-17-2015, 06:45 PM   #169
marky

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS #54
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T182graff View Post
The knocking sound that I had the night before and on my way to the dealers. It is similar to this noise.

That's rod knock..
Rattle sound engine frs:

Toyota didn't want to cover mine.. 32k miles and they wanted 10k $

No CEL no engine mods bone stock
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:34 PM   #170
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Toyota didn't want to cover mine
Can you elaborate?
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:39 AM   #171
marky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Can you elaborate?
Toyota Saying "customer neglect" and when I stop her... she said ph we are not saying you we are saying the customer... wtf.. I bought this car and I'm the customer...

Also dealer said to me.. "oh people bring it in and top it with oil first" I never had any cels or anything and oil was good level and they even said it before they test drove it..
And they keep tellinge I should of brought it in for oil changes at the dealer.. yeah I do my own oil changes and do it way before the recommendation of the 7500 they say.. I think they lower that recommendation now..

But yeah.. I'm done with Toyota/lexus/scion. .I got a motor for 2500$ under 12k auto but slight convert to manual and I beat the living heck out of my motor and it hangs with me.. my first motor I baby it but now I don't care..
Old 07-19-2015, 05:24 PM   #172
T182graff

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
Toyota Saying "customer neglect" and when I stop her... she said ph we are not saying you we are saying the customer... wtf.. I bought this car and I'm the customer...

Also dealer said to me.. "oh people bring it in and top it with oil first" I never had any cels or anything and oil was good level and they even said it before they test drove it..
And they keep tellinge I should of brought it in for oil changes at the dealer.. yeah I do my own oil changes and do it way before the recommendation of the 7500 they say.. I think they lower that recommendation now..

But yeah.. I'm done with Toyota/lexus/scion. .I got a motor for 2500$ under 12k auto but slight convert to manual and I beat the living heck out of my motor and it hangs with me.. my first motor I baby it but now I don't care..

That's exactly what they told me. I said there were no check engine light and I replace the oil myself at 3k - 4k miles yet you are still saying it is my fault. I even asked for a letter where you guys said you have voided my warranty and they aren't producing anything stating my engine was voided.
T182graff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:09 PM   #173
marky

Quote:
Originally Posted by T182graff View Post
That's exactly what they told me. I said there were no check engine light and I replace the oil myself at 3k - 4k miles yet you are still saying it is my fault. I even asked for a letter where you guys said you have voided my warranty and they aren't producing anything stating my engine was voided.
Dam I'm not the only one.. yeah just so lame.. next year I'll get rid of my frs and get something else and take it to dealer for oil changes so they can't blame me.. still sucks because you don't have to take it to dealer for oil changes but they will blame you if something happens..

I love the car still but after what they did to me I'm just over it.. customer service sucked for me..

What's the plan? Buy a new used motor?

I tried the lemon law thing but It can take up to a year and was just a hassle and waste of time.. one of the lemon law person came to my home to look at my car and said "oh yeah its hard to tell if you have a case can't really confirm what caused it blah blah blah" for like 10 mins and asked for like 250$ inspection fee.. I told him get out of here you scam.. you didn't even look at my car if I abused the tires or breaks ect.. I expected more.. he was just saying oh that can be refurbished on the head ect.. but never took measurement or anything.

Good luck with yours.. keep us updated on what your going to do next if your going to fight them or sell it ect..
Old 07-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #174
burdickjp

Drives: 2013 ultramarine Scion FR-S
I had this happen to me:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91646

and it's currently being fixed under warranty. At 50k miles. I did the previous oil change. I wrote down the date, miles, filter, and oil I used. I write EVERYTHING in a log. I showed it to the service writer. They added it to the vehicle history in the system. There were no problems.

If you have trouble with service, take it to another dealer.
burdickjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #175
AVodka14

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bur****jp View Post
I had this happen to me:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91646

and it's currently being fixed under warranty. At 50k miles. I did the previous oil change. I wrote down the date, miles, filter, and oil I used. I write EVERYTHING in a log. I showed it to the service writer. They added it to the vehicle history in the system. There were no problems.

If you have trouble with service, take it to another dealer.
Exactly. Take it to another dealer. Some are just better than others just like restaurants.
AVodka14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:39 AM   #176
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Dam I'm not the only one.. yeah just so lame.. next year I'll get rid of my frs and get something else and take it to dealer for oil changes so they can't blame me.. still sucks because you don't have to take it to dealer for oil changes but they will blame you if something happens..

I love the car still but after what they did to me I'm just over it.. customer service sucked for me..

I tried the lemon law thing but It can take up to a year and was just a hassle and waste of time.. one of the lemon law person came to my home to look at my car and said "oh yeah its hard to tell if you have a case can't really confirm what caused it blah blah blah" for like 10 mins and asked for like 250$ inspection fee.. I told him get out of here you scam.. you didn't even look at my car if I abused the tires or breaks ect.. I expected more.. he was just saying oh that can be refurbished on the head ect.. but never took measurement or anything.

Good luck with yours.. keep us updated on what your going to do next if your going to fight them or sell it ect..
I lemoned my last car. Took a month, but I had a lawyer do all the work. I paid 0 out of pocket.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N1rve For This Useful Post:
burdickjp (07-21-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 09:12 PM   #177
T182graff

Quote:

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles...ne-maintenance

It's illegal for them to void our warranties contact the FTC. I'm getting mines torn apart and investigated and a new one put in. It's funny how all of us are having the same issues and every dealers are voiding the warranty sounds fishy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T182graff For This Useful Post:
burdickjp (07-21-2015), marky (07-26-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #178
T182graff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVodka14 View Post
Exactly. Take it to another dealer. Some are just better than others just like restaurants.
I tried this and the other dealer said they are not touching my car unless I pay 9k (maybe more) to get the engine replaced because the other dealer voided my warranty. I asked if I can get a copy of the statement that said it was voided he said no it's internal memo.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:45 PM   #179
yo joshman

Drives: ae86/frs
its shitty to hear so many bad experiences with dealers. i work for a toyota and have been for almost ten years. and from what i can see its not always the dealers fault. there is enough blame to go around for all parties dealer/toyota/customer. Its a little unfair to say the dealer is always at fault when a warranty claim is denied. the dealers need to be able to prove to toyota that something is qualified for warranty before toyota will ok it. if the dealers cant because of certain factors like relative modifications or workmanship of non toyota dealers etc or even a customer doing their own work, then toyota will not approve warranty. the real problem is that there is mistrust amongst customers and the corporation. and this is because people have abused this trust from both ends. customers abusing warranty and dealers not doing their due diligence. my advise is if u still have warranty dont modify the car! it doesnt help your case. if u do modify your car dont remove it! it makes the investigation process worse. if u havent modified anything n still have problems keep bringing it in to the dealer(pain in the ass i know) so that tsbs will be more common and will require the corporation to investigate.
yo joshman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yo joshman For This Useful Post:
burdickjp (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 AM   #180
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo joshman View Post
its shitty to hear so many bad experiences with dealers. i work for a toyota and have been for almost ten years. and from what i can see its not always the dealers fault. there is enough blame to go around for all parties dealer/toyota/customer. Its a little unfair to say the dealer is always at fault when a warranty claim is denied. the dealers need to be able to prove to toyota that something is qualified for warranty before toyota will ok it. if the dealers cant because of certain factors like relative modifications or workmanship of non toyota dealers etc or even a customer doing their own work, then toyota will not approve warranty. the real problem is that there is mistrust amongst customers and the corporation. and this is because people have abused this trust from both ends. customers abusing warranty and dealers not doing their due diligence. my advise is if u still have warranty dont modify the car! it doesnt help your case. if u do modify your car dont remove it! it makes the investigation process worse. if u havent modified anything n still have problems keep bringing it in to the dealer(pain in the ass i know) so that tsbs will be more common and will require the corporation to investigate.
I agree with most of what you said, except for the bolded section. The burden of proof that a modification caused the failure is on Toyota, not the customer. And yet, dealerships/Toyots want to deny warranty claims on engines because of suspension work (in my case), or any other ridiculous thing they can come up with. Telling people not to customize something they bought is bullsh!t.

Sent from my victara using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2015, 08:07 AM   #181
burdickjp

Drives: 2013 ultramarine Scion FR-S
Toyota would not deny engine warranty work because of suspension modifications. There was either something else involved or a really bad dealer who didn't know what they were doing.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
burdickjp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burdickjp For This Useful Post:
yo joshman (02-08-2016)
Old 07-21-2015, 08:59 AM   #182
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bur****jp View Post
Toyota would not deny engine warranty work because of suspension modifications. There was either something else involved or a really bad dealer who didn't know what they were doing.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
They did just that in my case, however I'm pretty sure they didn't know what they were doing. All I could get out of them was the rocker arm broke, but they replaced the whole head. They said they wouldn't cover it under warranty, but would goodwill it due to the suspension modifications as the car "must have" (service managers words) been tracked. I asked how they came to that conclusion and the service manager told me that he's a car guy, he has an IROC-Z so he knows what to look for (seriously, he said that).

The paperwork didn't say anything about goodwill work when I got the car back. I was three days away from going the lemon law route. This was May of 2013 and the car had about 27k miles on it. 5k miles later, the engine blew. I thought it was funny that Toyota had no problem rolling out the red carpet for those of us "lucky" to be First 86ers, then alienated us once they had our money.
Tcoat (07-21-2015)