follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #421
GodzillaC

Drives: FR-S RS1 #291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
How much extra dollars bucks are the TRD wheels? I've just been skimming through the thread but haven't been able to locate that specific info. Just a bunch of "I wish it wasn't yellow" comments.

I LOVE the yellow. Totally wish I didn't have my BRZ Limited "STI" already, otherwise I'm sure I would've picked this up and Toyota'd it out the park. *shrug*
I'm assuming the options should be the same as on a standard '15 FR-S which lists the wheels at $1036 (which I believe include staggered wheel / tire setup?) $250 for the armrest and $495 for the foglights.
GodzillaC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GodzillaC For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #422
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinxified View Post
Same. I got Series.Blue edition. If I can do it over again, I'd get this RS 1.0 with TRD wheels even if it's more expensive.

Just that the release date is terrible for Canadian weather.
How soon are your winters? The cars are supposed to be out anywhere between now and October, right? I got my BRZ October 5th of 2012. According to a news paper article for Anchorage, Alaska, in 2012 snow first fell on September 29th, but that was in the mountains. We usually have a few weeks of safety before it finally reaches the rest of the city. Average date for snowfall is October 17th, which sounds about right after living here for 30 years. I'm pretty sure we didn't get snow until about the last couple of days of October, if not the first couple days of November. Looks like last year our first major snow was November 10th, which is unusually late.

In any case, if you had gotten snow tires earlier then you would've been set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzillaC View Post
I'm assuming the options should be the same as on a standard '15 FR-S which lists the wheels at $1036 (which I believe include staggered wheel / tire setup?) $250 for the armrest and $495 for the foglights.
Thanks. I don't pay much attention to FR-S stuff until I need to. I apologize for my elitist BRZ attitude. That price seems very reasonable for cool wheels to complete that TRD look.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #423
Ametatsu

Drives: Scion FR-S Release Series 1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yUme View Post
If you can get a sales manager to spend some time with you at his computer, you'll be amazed at how much info they have access to. My dealer told me about 2 weeks ago my car would be there in 30 days or less. I had him preference one for me probably a month before that...
So that means within the next few weeks... wow that's coming up quick. My dealer still insists on "few months". I asked him where he's getting that number from, and he just says from experience with cars imported from Japan.
Ametatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #424
trinxified

Drives: Subaru BRZ Aozora Edition
Quote:
How soon are your winters? The cars are supposed to be out anywhere between now and October, right? I got my BRZ October 5th of 2012. According to a news paper article for Anchorage, Alaska, in 2012 snow first fell on September 29th, but that was in the mountains. We usually have a few weeks of safety before it finally reaches the rest of the city. Average date for snowfall is October 17th, which sounds about right after living here for 30 years. I'm pretty sure we didn't get snow until about the last couple of days of October, if not the first couple days of November. Looks like last year our first major snow was November 10th, which is unusually late.

Thanks. I don't pay much attention to FR-S stuff until I need to. I apologize for my elitist BRZ attitude. That price seems very reasonable for cool wheels to complete that TRD look.
Supposedly the car comes out here in September, but that usually means you can order it then. It would take a few weeks after that to actually receive the car.

Winter usually starts about November here.
trinxified is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trinxified For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (08-19-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #425
GodzillaC

Drives: FR-S RS1 #291
Quote:

I believe the tires are upgraded too as well as staggered front to rear. I had the same on the mr2 fronts were 195 and rears were 205 back in the day. The FR-S rear wheels are 7.5" wide while the fronts are 7.0 leading me to believe the tires are upgraded.
GodzillaC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GodzillaC For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (08-19-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #426
Calidrifter
@Executive_chicken

Drives: Firestorm FR-S, Audi A3 E-tron
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametatsu View Post
The dealer is also telling me that it may take a long time because it's coming from Japan. But from what I've been reading... aren't they already built, but get the TRD parts assembled by the US TRD? If that's so... shouldn't they already be in the US, and therefore, we shouldn't need to worry about customs and such? Ultimately, I guess the cars still "come" from Japan which is why I think my dealer is saying that, but if TRD is modifying them in the US, then I hope it gets here much faster than my dealer says
Yes and no. The car is built at the same factory any other twin is built at. The difference is that the numbers for the RS/Series.Blue will be sequential and they will also need to get the plaques/special edition packaging, and paint added to them at the factory (Japan). The only thing really added here will be the wheels as they are added at the port where your car comes in.

They wont just take an already built car off the shelf and respray it which is what I think you are thinking that they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
That guy, like me after BBQ Thursdays, is full of shit.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #427
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Do the Series.Blue and RS 1.0 have a numbered badge on them like the 10 Series?
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #428
Ametatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidrifter View Post
Yes and no. The car is built at the same factory any other twin is built at. The difference is that the numbers for the RS/Series.Blue will be sequential and they will also need to get the plaques/special edition packaging, and paint added to them at the factory (Japan). The only thing really added here will be the wheels as they are added at the port where your car comes in.

They wont just take an already built car off the shelf and respray it which is what I think you are thinking that they are doing.
I know they are painted at the factory. That much is pretty obvious. But it seems like they will have the TRD parts and body kit installed here in the US.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #429
Calidrifter
@Executive_chicken

Garage
kit will be added at the factory so that the paint can match or shipped with the car and added at port

Quote:
Old 08-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #430
trinxified

Drives: Subaru BRZ Aozora Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
I can confirm that Series.Blue (Aozora Edition in Canada), has no numbered badges.

It's a bit more rare here, as there's only 200 units in Canada (100 of each color), while there's 1000 in the USA.

The weird part is that the RS 1.0 will have 1500 units in USA but ONLY 75 units in Canada... I guess that's really rare then, and would expect a very high MSRP with very little to no discounts at all.
trinxified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:18 PM   #431
Calidrifter
@Executive_chicken

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
The RS 1.0 will have a number plate. Its on the shift ring trim above the nanny control buttons. Look at the OP for location.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #432
Slowmotion

Drives: 04.5 GLI, 01 A4 Avant, RS 1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametatsu View Post
I called my dealer yesterday, and it appears that they don't tell their salespeople the allocation numbers for "special edition" cars (Go figure why...). So I asked to speak with a sales manager, and he told me that my dealership actually has 3 of them allocated, and I'd be getting the first one. He says that the system still shows it as "A" status for Allocation, and that it usually takes 1-3 months to get here after you put the order in for a vehicle in that state.

I asked them to modify the build to include the TRD wheels, and looks like they were able to do that in the system, so I'm assuming that means it's currently in that "headed to production" stage?

The dealer is also telling me that it may take a long time because it's coming from Japan. But from what I've been reading... aren't they already built, but get the TRD parts assembled by the US TRD? If that's so... shouldn't they already be in the US, and therefore, we shouldn't need to worry about customs and such? Ultimately, I guess the cars still "come" from Japan which is why I think my dealer is saying that, but if TRD is modifying them in the US, then I hope it gets here much faster than my dealer says
At the end of July, my dealer sent me an e-mail they got from Scion with what numbers would be allocated to the region. Somehow, I'm in the Cincinnati Region? Which will be getting cars numbered from 81 to 141. Only 60 cars are allotted to each region which I thought was interesting. I kinda wish they did it buy when you put in your orders... but oh well.

Your dealer seems to know a lot more than mine. I kept asking them for info before and after this e-mail I got from them and they knew very little.
Slowmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #433
Ametatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowmotion View Post
At the end of July, my dealer sent me an e-mail they got from Scion with what numbers would be allocated to the region. Somehow, I'm in the Cincinnati Region? Which will be getting cars numbered from 81 to 141. Only 60 cars are allotted to each region which I thought was interesting. I kinda wish they did it buy when you put in your orders... but oh well.

Your dealer seems to know a lot more than mine. I kept asking them for info before and after this e-mail I got from them and they knew very little.
Oh I wish my dealer knew more. I had to basically interrogate this information from them. My dealer tried to convince me that what I'm ordering is a Yuzu exterior Monogram.

I basically had to teach the Scion sales manager what this car was, and confirm with him that he actually ordered the wrong car. I know there isn't a yellow colored monogram, but still... freaked me out thinking he might have accidentally ordered a monogram instead of a release series.

He probably still thinks he's right. He kept saying "Trust me, we sell the most Scions in the state".
Old 08-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #434
Atish86

Drives: 2015 FRS Release Series 1.0
Went to stealership this weekend to do some number crunching. And OTD is just under 40k completely stock no accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atish86 is offline   Reply With Quote