follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 12-31-2019, 12:56 AM   #1
Archetyp3

Drives: 2014 Satin White BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Clicking sound when Pressing Clutch Pedal

I recently noticed a clicking sound when pressing my clutch pedal in. It sounds like it is coming from under the car so I am guessing it is coming from the clutch assembly. Has anyone ever encountered this before?

Side note: The sound does not always trigger at the same point, sometimes its mid press sometimes its at the bottom of the press. It sounds almost like something is slipping though.

Current clutch setup: Exedy stage 1, Exedy oem fly wheel, versus forged clutch fork, versus billet fork pivot

Last edited by Archetyp3; 12-31-2019 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Embedded video didn't work, added link
Archetyp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,253 Times in 7,346 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Garage
Easiest thing first. Try greasing the fork/pivot and see if it goes away. Sounds like it is binding.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
Stomachbuzz (01-03-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 11:18 PM   #3
Archetyp3

Drives: 2014 Satin White BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Easiest thing first. Try greasing the fork/pivot and see if it goes away. Sounds like it is binding.
Well looks I am going to have to pull the transmission then >.> I have a feeling you are right. This did start happening after driving through about 3 inches of water during some flash flooding here in AZ so i'm guessing some water got into the bell housing and dried out some of the greased areas.
Archetyp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:31 AM   #4
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,253 Times in 7,346 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetyp3 View Post
Well looks I am going to have to pull the transmission then >.> I have a feeling you are right. This did start happening after driving through about 3 inches of water during some flash flooding here in AZ so i'm guessing some water got into the bell housing and dried out some of the greased areas.
I believe @Ultramaroon has had luck greasing it through the access hole at the top of the bell housing. I have not tried it myself.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #5
Stomachbuzz

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I believe @Ultramaroon has had luck greasing it through the access hole at the top of the bell housing. I have not tried it myself.
Some cars have a rubber dust boot around the clutch fork as it goes through the hole in the bell housing. You can pull the boot out, or squeeze a spray can straw through
Stomachbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clicking, clutch, pedal