follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep

Old 01-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #603
jdmblood

Drives: white subaru brz
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
havent really seen many of these on the streets yet. hoping that changes soon. also in love with the gs f.
jdmblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:22 AM   #604
Noble713

Drives: MkIV Supra & Evo X
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, I had to jump on the bandwagon and buy an RC-F as well. White with a black CF hood:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noble713 For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (02-16-2015), YukiHachiRoku (01-28-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 11:19 AM   #605
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I inquired about one of these yesterday.
Internet search only showed models with premium and nav packages for $72+ grand available.

I talked to a Lexus sales rep at a dealer and he told me Lexus is only building models with those features and does not make anything under $72k.

I asked then why the F do they advertise a model starting at $62k? I don't want or care about nav, heated seats, or park assist.

He told me only way to maybe get what I want is to try and do a special order with Lexus and see if they would approve the build. If (yes IF) they approve the build it would take 6 months to fulfill the order.

Screw that and screw Lexus. I just told the rep I would shop for another car.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:35 AM   #606
BRZPDX
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
I inquired about one of these yesterday.
Internet search only showed models with premium and nav packages for $72+ grand available.

I talked to a Lexus sales rep at a dealer and he told me Lexus is only building models with those features and does not make anything under $72k.

I asked then why the F do they advertise a model starting at $62k? I don't want or care about nav, heated seats, or park assist.

He told me only way to maybe get what I want is to try and do a special order with Lexus and see if they would approve the build. If (yes IF) they approve the build it would take 6 months to fulfill the order.

Screw that and screw Lexus. I just told the rep I would shop for another car.

Almost all manufacturer does this. The factory determines which cars to build, and your 62k Lexus will be pretty low on their priority list. Maybe in a couple years when sales dwindle, they may build a bare stripped version. Why would they prioritize a order that is the least profitable, when others will buy the optioned version for 10k more?

SUV's: Mercedes Benz R500 '06, Mercedes Benz ML350 '12
BRZPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:16 PM   #607
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZPDX View Post
Almost all manufacturer does this. The factory determines which cars to build, and your 62k Lexus will be pretty low on their priority list. Maybe in a couple years when sales dwindle, they may build a bare stripped version. Why would they prioritize a order that is the least profitable, when others will buy the optioned version for 10k more?

No, TMS has all the power on what to build, not the factory. If the configuration is presently offered (and if the website says it is without some note of that configuration not arriving until a certain time), the factory will build it as requested. The salesman was trying to sell tennisguy something he had incoming or could easily trade to get because he didn't want to wait 3 months to make the sale. And yes, you are looking at 3 months or more wait from the time the order goes in until delivery. My coworker's factory order 2015 IS350 took from May until early October to arrive. Basically it goes into the build plan for the following month after the order, a month at each port, and a few weeks at sea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quentin For This Useful Post:
Burrcold (02-16-2015), tennisfreak (02-15-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 11:29 PM   #608
BRZPDX
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Garage
well, this was for Audi (was looking for a bare stripped S3) and sales rep showed me the build order form from various dealerships with different codes. It looked like the factory was prioritizing "loaded" version of the cars, and did not see a single bare/stripped version with 0 options.

Sounds like he fed me some crap then. So you can order a 0 option model for any car, any dealership I guess. Audi and Mbenz (for CLA AMG) both would not put a order for me.

SUV's: Mercedes Benz R500 '06, Mercedes Benz ML350 '12
BRZPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:06 AM   #609
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
No, TMS has all the power on what to build, not the factory. If the configuration is presently offered (and if the website says it is without some note of that configuration not arriving until a certain time), the factory will build it as requested. The salesman was trying to sell tennisguy something he had incoming or could easily trade to get because he didn't want to wait 3 months to make the sale. And yes, you are looking at 3 months or more wait from the time the order goes in until delivery. My coworker's factory order 2015 IS350 took from May until early October to arrive. Basically it goes into the build plan for the following month after the order, a month at each port, and a few weeks at sea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is exactly true. The factory only takes orders from the head dealer network (in Toyota's case TMS).
Old 02-16-2015, 10:12 AM   #610
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Sucks cause if they could get me a vehicle specd the way I want it I'm ready to buy.
I'm not really in the game to wait up to 6 months though.

I hate how these damn dealers spec the f'ing cars out trying to force people into buying more than they want.

I've owned too many vehicles with nav and every single one sucked (ford, toyota, lexus, etc). With my Windows phone and Cortana the experience is amazing and I specifically only want to use that from now on so paying $3K+ for nav is just retarded.
Plus some of this other crap like heated seats and park assist are just bs IMO.

You'd think that the F type of this vehicle (supposed performance minded version) would have some builds without all the extra crap for enthusiasts like me.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:46 AM   #611
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
Sucks cause if they could get me a vehicle specd the way I want it I'm ready to buy.
I'm not really in the game to wait up to 6 months though.

I hate how these damn dealers spec the f'ing cars out trying to force people into buying more than they want.

I've owned too many vehicles with nav and every single one sucked (ford, toyota, lexus, etc). With my Windows phone and Cortana the experience is amazing and I specifically only want to use that from now on so paying $3K+ for nav is just retarded.
Plus some of this other crap like heated seats and park assist are just bs IMO.

You'd think that the F type of this vehicle (supposed performance minded version) would have some builds without all the extra crap for enthusiasts like me.
If dealers can only get their hands on x number of RC-Fs and they can sell all of those vehicles with Nav and such, the dealers are going to order their cars spec'd out with all that. Most people in the market for a big V8 GT car like the RC-F want nav, so the dealers order what they can sell the easiest. Just the nature of the market. If you want real a la carte ordering, BMW will play ball, but heaven help you if you want more than a base model. Nothing is standard on those damn things and simple stuff like Bluetooth integration often requires the nav option.
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #612
LSxJunkie
Douchebag

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
It pays to have a relationship with a salesperson. We've bought or leased almost every Lexus in my sig from one guy, even following him from store to store. He'll order whatever the hell we want. It may take a month or so if they've blown their allocation for the month. They have 2, a Ultrasonic Blue and a Liquid Platinum, sitting on the showroom floor right now, unlocked, for anyone to sit in.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:47 PM   #613
spdfreak

Drives: GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
No manual, no care.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:38 PM   #614
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Idk if you all watch Top Gear, but Clarkson tore the RCF to pieces! I haven't seen a more brutal review from the TG boys in years... I'm not sure how much potential buyers reference TG for their next car, but I'm pretty sure Lexus is going to take at least a small hit from that one.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
airjonny (03-04-2015), Turbowned (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #615
NemesisPrime909

Drives: 91 Toyota Supra 16 Nissan Versa
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
Idk if you all watch Top Gear, but Clarkson tore the RCF to pieces! I haven't seen a more brutal review from the TG boys in years... I'm not sure how much potential buyers reference TG for their next car, but I'm pretty sure Lexus is going to take at least a small hit from that one.
aren't there a few owners on this site?

how do they feel about the RC-F?
Old 03-03-2015, 06:51 PM   #616
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime909 View Post
aren't there a few owners on this site?

how do they feel about the RC-F?
Good question. I mean granted, Clarkson only took it around the track and was pitting it against other sport coupes like BMW and Merc. Really it just came down to being too damn heavy to compete (almost 4000lbs), but I bet on the street the differences aren't readily noticeable.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
:popcorn:, fugly, lexus, lexus is-f, rc-f, rcf, tagme, v-8, vossen