follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #29
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Ditto.

I suppose the Lancer Evolution, STi, Nissan GT-R, Audi R8, Porsche 911 Turbo and the entire Lamborghini range are all fail wheel drive then.
The thing I love about this site is everybody is a professional...
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #30
solu
THE DON

Drives: Modded Golf 5 GTI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to solu
Well.... For me it actually seems that AutoBild are excited about the "low" price. lol.

Well.. i will import my scion from the US anyways ))). Any1 owns a scion already? how long does the production time take ? 3 months? cant wait nearly a year to get my one tbh!
solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #31
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solu View Post
Well.... For me it actually seems that AutoBild are excited about the "low" price. lol.

Well.. i will import my scion from the US anyways ))). Any1 owns a scion already? how long does the production time take ? 3 months? cant wait nearly a year to get my one tbh!
Probably won't go on sale for another 5-6 months from now.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #32
Nurburgring

Drives: S2000, AE86, RSV10000R, 911, EP91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-FT86 View Post
I didn't know AWD was the new fail wheel drive? There is only one Fail Wheel Drive.
AWD systems with front bias and open front differential understeer just like a FWD car.

911 GT3 > Turbo, GT2 >>> Turbo, LP550-2 Valentino Balboni > Any -4 Lambo. You see, actual performance versions eliminate AWD so they reduce weight and gain performance.

Last edited by Nurburgring; 10-29-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Nurburgring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #33
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abflug View Post
Leergewicht = curb weight
Curbweight in germany = 75% gas tank + luggage and 665kg passenger no?
The 'FT' stands for 'forgot topic'.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #34
Nurburgring

Drives: S2000, AE86, RSV10000R, 911, EP91
From the translated german "Leergewicht" definition:

To determine the empty weight of a vehicle, there are different standards. The curb weight of a road vehicle (eg a car) is made according to the DIN standard DIN 70020 from the mass of the vehicle and along the tank filled to 90%. For the registration of vehicles to road traffic in Germany was in the vehicle registration certificates issued to 2005 (under paragraph 14) and vehicle titles to the Vehicle Licensing Regulation also entered the empty weight of the vehicle. In the valid registration certificate from 2005 (Part I), the term G in the field as a "mass of the vehicle in service in kg Unladen mass" is used. The curb weight here includes the vehicle including a full fuel tank, driver weight (75 kg), hand tools, spare tire, first aid kit and warning triangle. For vehicles that have been approved from July 2003 for the first time, will be considered for the fuel filling only 90 percent of the fuel tank capacity.
Nurburgring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #35
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
Curbweight in germany = 75% gas tank + luggage and 665kg passenger no?
Luggage and typical American sized passenger? I know it must be easy to find luggage in Germany to throw in, but where do they find fatty-McGee?
Old 10-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #36
solu
THE DON

Drives: Modded Golf 5 GTI
Send a message via ICQ to solu
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
Probably won't go on sale for another 5-6 months from now.
i can live with 5-6 months as long as the production itself will not take longer than 3 months. cant really be arsed to wait 1 year for a car.
solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #37
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Quote:
Luggage and typical American sized passenger? I know it must be easy to find luggage in Germany to throw in, but where do they find fatty-McGee?
Out of curiosity, have you seen some of the national German dishes? Its not like America's the only fat nation... If I went to Germany and just ate with nothing holding me back I'd balloon as well... o_O
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #38
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51 View Post
Out of curiosity, have you seen some of the national German dishes? Its not like America's the only fat nation... If I went to Germany and just ate with nothing holding me back I'd balloon as well... o_O
Ok don't mess things up for me. When I think of Germany I think of hot girls and fine Germany cars and manufacturing.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #39
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solu View Post
i can live with 5-6 months as long as the production itself will not take longer than 3 months. cant really be arsed to wait 1 year for a car.
Hopefully they will hit dealers sooner but I am expecting Spring 2012.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #40
joe

Drives: .
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abflug View Post
30.000 €?! sorry, but
You know that this is the "official" price for Germany. Unlike other countries we never pay the price at the dealer the manufacturer asks for, so there is some margin for Germany calculated in their price.

Edit: And you will never see a car that is registered in Germany with that rear wing.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #41
C4RBON

Drives: '15 BRZ, '19 GTI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurburgring View Post
AWD systems with front bias and open front differential understeer just like a FWD car.
Manual WRX is 50/50. Understeer may be bad on a racetrack, but it is safer for average drivers in real life. Also remember that the WRX evolved from rally racing where, on gravel and dirt roads, understeer makes the car much more predictable to handle on variable surfaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurburgring View Post
911 GT3 > Turbo, GT2 >>> Turbo, LP550-2 Valentino Balboni > Any -4 Lambo. You see, actual performance versions eliminate AWD so they reduce weight and gain performance.
If you live on a racetrack, yes. I however, live in a world where it rains, snows, and sleets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51
Mmmm yes, Germany loves its sauces, gravy, and dressing! I would say, on average, a typical German is more active than the typical American. There is still a lot of walking and biking going on across the Atlantic. Plus, portion size is a little more reasonable than over here.

I wish I could get a Doener right now
C4RBON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:21 AM   #42
Abflug

Drives: MR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51 View Post
come on, itīs not that bad... :happy0180:

Quote:
Ok don't mess things up for me. When I think of Germany I think of hot girls and fine Germany cars and manufacturing.
I think there are more hot girls in the states!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
You know that this is the "official" price for Germany. Unlike other countries we never pay the price at the dealer the manufacturer asks for, so there is some margin for Germany calculated in their price.

Edit: And you will never see a car that is registered in Germany with that rear wing.
of course I know the price is negoitable but I was hoping MSRP would lean more towards 25.000 €!

and what wing your are talking about?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4RBON View Post
Mmmm yes, Germany loves its sauces, gravy, and dressing! I would say, on average, a typical German is more active than the typical American. There is still a lot of walking and biking going on across the Atlantic. Plus, portion size is a little more reasonable than over here.

I wish I could get a Doener right now
:happy0180:
Abflug is offline   Reply With Quote