follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 08-01-2020, 07:52 PM   #1
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mother's CMX Wash & Coat

My brother recommended this product. I decided to give it a try, and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure there are equal competitor products, so I doubt this is special in any way, but it was my first dive into a ceramic product, and it worked. I bought the spray bottle too, but I haven't used that yet.

There are plenty of online videos and reviews, so let me just make this brief. The product goes in a bucket in place of soap. The product does foam up at first, but essentially it looks like super thin milk. Because of that, it can be hard to wash the car and remember where you wiped, but then again, since it goes on clear, it is easier to see what needs attention because it isn't covering areas with sudds. The product seems to lift the dirt and aid in it washing it away while coating the car. Immediately the water will bead up on the surface and run off the surface more. Not like a professional ceramic coating, but almost as good as a wax. The nicest thing was I didn't get any water spots on the car at all--none. As I dried the car, the towel left the surface spot free and shiny. If there was milky spots or minor residue from the product, it easily wiped away or buffed out.

In the end, the car looked like it had been waxed. It didn't have quite the same depth, richness or blemish coverup as a good Gold's wax, but for a quick wash, it was excellent. I'm sold. I'm sure the product could be layered on a wax. Hopefully it keeps the car staying shiny longer too.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:30 PM   #2
SUSPECT_BRZ

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ TS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the review! Mother's usually make really good products.
SUSPECT_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:20 PM   #3
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I just tried similar product, Meguiars Ultimate Wax and Wash.

I dunno how long the wax in the product works but i will say it's a much better product than their Gold Class wash, it's much slicker and seems to have a lot more lubrication. Paint feels a lot slicker after the wash so i can feel the coating is on there. Not a replacement for actually waxing your car but it definitely doesn't hurt.
Edelbrock Supercharger installed @ 50k
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote