follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
EAGLE5, finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 08:29 AM   #56477
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
exactly. many appliances have transformers ….
Man, I hate appliance transformers, always causing problems.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-24-2019), ScoobsMcGee (05-24-2019), soundman98 (05-25-2019), Spuds (05-24-2019), Tcoat (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 08:46 AM   #56478
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Man, I hate appliance transformers, always causing problems.

Yes, they can be more than meets the eye!
Dadhawk (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #56479
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Your "stress" most likely has little to do with retirement and mostly due to selling your house and the thoughts of moving.

Has your listing agent been advertising your house? If so, Internet, print or both?

Have showings dropped off over the last 30 days?

About the offer you had that went south, how close was it to your list price?

How long is your listing agreement for?

Don't get discouraged. Idaho will wait for you -

humfrz
Here is a strange story. We made an offer on a house contingent on selling ours. The contract expired on May 20th. It was written that the 1% earnest money was refunded if the conditions weren't met. So our house hasn't sold, so we sent forms to cancel and get earnest money back.

Well, the sellers i guess didn't read anything they signed, and have an agent that is flat out dishonest. Their agent told them that the earnest money was non-refundable, and that we had cash as a backup and that the sale was a done deal. So the sellers relocated, changed jobs, made major life changes thinking their home was sold. A couple weeks ago, their agent sent an addendum asking to make the earnest money non-refundable. Of course we did not sign it. She then sent my boise agent a nasty email saying she was getting a lawyer to make us sign. Too funny.

So the 20th comes and the seller asks their agent when the signing is. This is when they learn the true facts of the contract they signed.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
cjd (05-24-2019), humfrz (05-24-2019), IceFyre13th (05-24-2019), soundman98 (05-25-2019), Spuds (05-24-2019), Tcoat (05-24-2019), Ultramaroon (05-24-2019), wolffbite (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 12:29 PM   #56480
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
He'll just turn it into something dirty.
You were right -

humfrz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-24-2019), Ultramaroon (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 12:37 PM   #56481
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Here is a strange story. We made an offer on a house contingent on selling ours. The contract expired on May 20th. It was written that the 1% earnest money was refunded if the conditions weren't met. So our house hasn't sold, so we sent forms to cancel and get earnest money back.

Well, the sellers i guess didn't read anything they signed, and have an agent that is flat out dishonest. Their agent told them that the earnest money was non-refundable, and that we had cash as a backup and that the sale was a done deal. So the sellers relocated, changed jobs, made major life changes thinking their home was sold. A couple weeks ago, their agent sent an addendum asking to make the earnest money non-refundable. Of course we did not sign it. She then sent my boise agent a nasty email saying she was getting a lawyer to make us sign. Too funny.

So the 20th comes and the seller asks their agent when the signing is. This is when they learn the true facts of the contract they signed.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #56482
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:

See, as bad as your week may have been, at least you're not them. The good news is, if you do manage to sell soon, you can probably drop the price on them.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EAGLE5 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (05-24-2019), Sapphireho (05-24-2019), soundman98 (05-25-2019), Spuds (05-24-2019), Tcoat (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 01:19 PM   #56483
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:

Well, she's definitely going to need a lawyer...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Sapphireho (05-24-2019), soundman98 (05-25-2019), Tcoat (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 01:31 PM   #56484
humfrz

Quote:

Before I dust off my Real Estate Law hat and put it back on and get all carried away, I have several questions for you.

* Have you received your earnest money ?

If not, who (what entity) holds the earnest money?

* Was the sale written up on standard Idaho MLS forms?

(the form(s) should so state)

* Is your buyers agent in Idaho, also the sellers listing agent (dual agent)?

(if not, are they on the same real estate team/ with same real estate company?)

Come back.

humfrz
Old 05-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #56485
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
See, as bad as your week may have been, at least you're not them. The good news is, if you do manage to sell soon, you can probably drop the price on them.
Well, that may be possible, however, the sellers of the house that HO had put an offer in for about $420,000, just re-listed their house for about $450,000.

(now, that is an unusual move in a buyers market - )

PS - the sellers of that property bought it for about $299,000, in Sept of 2016 -

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #56486
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
It gets even better. after their agent had her tissy fit, the seller reached out to my agent. The seller says they would still rather sell to us than start over, and suggested we do make part of the earnest money non-refundable and they would keep the house in pending status for 60 more days. We said that sounded fair. Basically buying 2 months for a couple grand. My agent writes it up, we sign and send.

Well, they completely ignore our addendum, which was 100% written using the sellers suggestions, and send one of their own. Totally ridiculous. They write an addendum that we pay them 4k non-refundable cash now, show proof of funds in 2 weeks, pay another 4k non refundable in a couple weeks, they put the house back on the market, and if they get an offer we would have 48 hours to come up with the cash. We all had a good laugh.

So the seller reaches out to our agent again and says he is having problems with their agent, and that isn't what he wanted. Well, you signed it! The seller then asks if he could have my number to talk with me directly. We talked last night. That is when i found out about everything on his side. I told him it was none of my business, but he needs to read things before he signs, and needs a new agent.

The house is back on the market with a 30k price increase. Seller says he will be glad to sell to us for our agreed price of we can sell before he does. I'm not holding my breath. It is a real hot market there right now. It's a nice house, it will sell soon I'm sure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-24-2019), Tcoat (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 01:52 PM   #56487
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Before I dust off my Real Estate Law hat and put it back on and get all carried away, I have several questions for you.

* Have you received your earnest money ?

If not, who (what entity) holds the earnest money?

* Was the sale written up on standard Idaho MLS forms?

(the form(s) should so state)

* Is your buyers agent in Idaho, also the sellers listing agent (dual agent)?

(if not, are they on the same real estate team/ with same real estate company?)

Come back.

humfrz
Not yet, just signed forms to get $back last night. I do not remember the title company off hand.

Yes, standard forms.

Both agents are in Idaho. Not same firm.

When the sellers agent threatened lawsuit, it is standard for my agent to push it up to her broker. Broker laughed at the threat, and said we did everything 100% legit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 02:11 PM   #56488
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Well, that may be possible, however, the sellers of the house that HO had put an offer in for about $420,000, just re-listed their house for about $450,000.

(now, that is an unusual move in a buyers market - )

PS - the sellers of that property bought it for about $299,000, in Sept of 2016 -

humfrz
That is their agent trying to save face.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #56489
humfrz

Quote:
Not yet, just signed forms to get $back last night. I do not remember the title company off hand.

Yes, standard forms.

Both agents are in Idaho. Not same firm.

When the sellers agent threatened lawsuit, it is standard for my agent to push it up to her broker. Broker laughed at the threat, and said we did everything 100% legit.
Well, it's good that the earnest money is held by a Title/Escrow company and not a real estate brokerage company.

OK with the standard forms. Some people get into trouble when they start "writing things in" or filling out blank addendums.

It's a good thing that the listing agent is not the same as the selling agent.

It should be comforting for you to know that your buyers agent has consulted with their managing broker.

I would suggest that you NOT communicate directly with the seller (of a property you are wanting to buy) NOR the buyer of a property you are selling. That is what your buyers/listing agent is getting paid to do.

Well, let's hope you get your earnest money back soon.

humfrz
Old 05-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #56490
humfrz

Quote:
That is their agent trying to save face.
Oh yes, "you folks are sitting on a gold mine here, let's just dig in it a little more and we will both become wealthy".

humfrz
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis