follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
whitejdm

Drives: BRZ prem.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Changed my order from Limited (sport tech) to Premium

I had the chance to spend some time in a FR-S at my local Scion dealer and it made me start thinking about my BRZ choice. My PRIMARY reason for going with the Limited was the auto climate controls, but in person the basic system doesn't look or feel as bad. Also, the cloth interior on the FR-S was, admittedly lousy...but again, not AS bad. Coupled with the fact that I don't much care for the spoiler or fog lamps, and the cloth on the BRZ is clearly even better, I decided to make the jump and contacted my dealer about possibly switching my order. As it turns out there's way more demand for the Sport tech here in Canada so they said it'll be no problem to get me the premium. So after all said and done it looks like I'm going to end up with an silver premium! where I started with a blue limited.
whitejdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
ayilar

Drives: BRZ, MB C350
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejdm View Post
I had the chance to spend some time in a FR-S at my local Scion dealer and it made me start thinking about my BRZ choice. My PRIMARY reason for going with the Limited was the auto climate controls, but in person the basic system doesn't look or feel as bad. Also, the cloth interior on the FR-S was, admittedly lousy...but again, not AS bad. Coupled with the fact that I don't much care for the spoiler or fog lamps, and the cloth on the BRZ is clearly even better, I decided to make the jump and contacted my dealer about possibly switching my order. As it turns out there's way more demand for the Sport tech here in Canada so they said it'll be no problem to get me the premium. So after all said and done it looks like I'm going to end up with an silver premium! where I started with a blue limited.
Aren't the brakes different on the Canadian BRZ Premium vs. Limited? See: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6157
ayilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Bristecom

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayilar View Post
Aren't the brakes different on the Canadian BRZ Premium vs. Limited? See: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6157
That has to be wrong. There's no way they would use smaller front discs relative to the rears.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
whitejdm

Drives: BRZ prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
That has to be wrong. There's no way they would use smaller front discs relative to the rears.
Correct, they all get the same brakes.
whitejdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
ayilar

Drives: BRZ, MB C350
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejdm View Post
Correct, they all get the same brakes.
Thank you for the clarification.
ayilar is offline   Reply With Quote