follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #57
4agze

Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Not planning to sell my AE86 but I'm always been a light weight, rwd, 4 banger kinda guy so this car suits me. dont know yet if ill turbo it or keep it NA but for sure first order of business when I mod it, diet My goal around ~2500lbs.
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #58
BobbyBalaz
Humble Newbie

Drives: Golf GTI MK6 (DSG)
Awesome thread guys. I have been having this debate with friends for the past year. Been driving a VW Golf GTI MK6 (DSG) for the past 2 years. Love it to bits. Hell of an everyday driver. Im not so much into tuning, but slight tweaks here & there to enhance performance & looks. There was always that question, what do I change to when the time comes?

First, the price had to be right (20k-30k), & then, it has to be an FR.

To be honest, the GTI has been fantastic for me, Living in the city, I could drive it hassle free during rush hours on automatic, comfort when im feeling laid back, & just go bonkers at times, fully manual on sports setting. (The ESP on the MK6 GTI can't be turned off completely,. I have learned how to live with it)

Before the GTI, I had been driving a stick. Started driving when I was 14 (ehmm.. illegally), so, I don't have any problem whatsoever with a stick.
Sadly, the VW's DSG has me turned into the darkside. The stick? just a bittersweet memory from the past now. If I had a choice to choose again? I'ed still take the DSG.

But then, there is this nudging notion of disconnect every now & then. The amalgamation of an FF, weight, the 'no-you-can't-turn-me-off-completely-ESP, The never being able to reach limit of my car, the adaptable throttle & suspension settings, & yes, the DSG. This notion of disconnect has brought me here. This forum has been a great source of information about the FT86, I said on a previous post, the FT86 has turned into an obsession for me lately.

The choice will be really hard(manual/auto), but either way, The FT86 will be my next car.

Again, thanks for this great forum!
BobbyBalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #59
BobbyBalaz
Humble Newbie

I see so much of contribution here, as a Newbie I want to reach out & be a part of it as well. I traced out the '86' logo. It's not as good as it could be, but if anyone wants to work on it, I'll gladly pass along the Vector file!
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #60
keiri
Toyobaru Wonder Twins™

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ PP
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBalaz View Post
I see so much of contribution here, as a Newbie I want to reach out & be a part of it as well. I traced out the '86' logo. It's not as good as it could be, but if anyone wants to work on it, I'll gladly pass along the Vector file!
Great work. I think I've found my new profile picture.

keiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #61
BobbyBalaz
Humble Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiri View Post

Was my pleasure! looks cool as your profile picture!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #62
BobbyBalaz
Humble Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiri View Post

Hey Keiri, use this one, it doesn't have the white background around it. Will look cleaner. enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #63
Crashoverride
here, there, any where

Drives: FR-S SOON!!!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ok back on topic...LOL My MKIV is fun, but something about not chasing down HP issues ( always in a supra), and just having a factory warrenty, some "bolt on's" and the TRD package sound inviting to me.
Crashoverride is offline   Reply With Quote