follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 12-10-2020, 08:58 PM   #15
TommyW

Drives: '13 Whiteout
Thanked 1,242 Times in 673 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSideFRS View Post
carvana prob has some limited warranty on all the cars they sell

limited warranty until a pissed off buyer loses his shit on the internet
TommyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 06:16 PM   #16
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyW View Post
This is a common scenario. They screwed up and got sealant in the engine when replacing the timing cover and the sealant clogged the oil passages and starved the rod bearings of oil and they are now toast. They ruined my car also. I had a good race shop build an incredible new motor and now have confidence.

What dealer was it? It's good to let people know who NOT to go to. It was Irvine Toyota that ruined mine.
Mine was done at Curry Subaru in Cortland Manor NY. They also refused to discuss the situation with me because it happened 13 months after the work was done AND they told me that they would not honor the additional time I was granted by the old warranty manager after they had the car back in the shop twice to clean debris out of the oil pan. He told me they would cover it for an additional 6 months/6k miles which would have left me in good shape but they don't honor things that fired employees say to customers after they've deleted the notes in the customer file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1ac View Post
How long after the work was done?
13 months and 16k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
A secondary issue is techs not shimming and adjusting the valves properly that causes excess noise that is sometimes misdiagnosed as rod knock.

For those of you with noisey/failed engines who want to get rid of the car (In the U.S.) PM me.
Hmm, how would I find out if that's the issue with mine? Does it mean pulling the heads off (which means motor out)?

I might just do that, still looking for a good used motor but $$ are tight so it's just sitting there looking pretty.