follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 10-25-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
nexceda

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JDL V2 Kit Automatic Issues

Hey All,

I’ve been scouring forums all of yesterday and today but to no avail.

I just installed the JDL V2 turbo kit on my car. GT2860RS turbo. Supposed to be a 3 bar map sensor but JDL didn’t send it. Mishimoto Oil Cooler. DW900CC Injectors. Ptuning EBCS. Turbo Smart waste gate (It’s a hyper gate 38 and has 2 pressure references. I used the bottom one) and BOV.

We flashed the ECU and the car starts when I give it WOT while cranking. It starts, but then the response is extremely lagging and starts jerking and sputtering in 1st or 2nd gear and won’t accelerate beyond a max of 40MPH. Very dangerous and can’t get up to freeway speeds.

The bov is stuck wide open and never closes. I have the T-fitting for it in the brake booster line before the bulge. I had heard that the automatics and the manuals differ in how they route and that could affect the vacuum.

I’m looking for a million suggestions rn. I’ve also hit up my tuner (Zach @ counterspace garage) to see if he knows anything.

Thanks for any help guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nexceda is offline   Reply With Quote