follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-05-2021, 03:10 PM   #29
Berserker

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Been a bit since I have updated, sneak peak of what is to come. Car has been parked all winter & I have started to collect some items for this up coming season. Goals for this year.. Put on a lot more km's, Drop 1 second off it's 1/4 time, set the Na 1/4 mile record, go Race another full event season & some lapping days. The Class I am moving up to is a 13.00 index. From all the searching I have done.. there have really only been a Two fast All motor Twins period. I believe the record is a 13.32 or something @100mph or so. We will try and beat that while racing rounds!

Some pics for the boys.

@thedollarbill Sourced some small interior items I was after. (Thanks again) Added the TS Shift knob & Jdm STI push button start 🙂 Justified purchase because touching both all the time lol, goes with my other STI items.

Racing is still on pause locally here in Toronto. Even still my plan is still moving forward to prep for another full points season.

I came across a slightly used Beatrush rear lightweight bumper beam (Drops 5-6lbs off of memory)

Finally obtained the main piece of the combo to get the car where I need to be.. Snagged this ACE 350 Header off the classifieds with low use. I have ordered a Tomei Ti front pipe & Tomei Ti 60S exhaust. Being the car was rock stock last year I can't wait to finally open it up. Also another main point for me was the huge weight loss that is going to happen with this full exhaust front to back. By the time I do the header, front pipe, & exhaust hoping to knock 50-55lbs off. An additional -3-5lbs when I remove the diffuser , and another -5 or 6lbs from the lightweight bumper beam swap. I will post some pics once the boxes finally arrive.

I am in the midst of sizing up / ordering 15x4 & 15x8 Custom drag wheels, they are definitely going to be needed for what I am trying to do. More coming soon, stay tuned
Old 05-12-2021, 10:29 AM   #30
Berserker

While waiting for parts I did put on over 600kms last weekend with the Brz which was great. My cousin & I went cruising with his STI, been awhile since I enjoyed a car weekend. Almost at 52,000 kms now!

I had a moment to Dyno the car as well exactly how I ran it the past two seasons. Stock tune, Stock Headers / Stock Exhaust, Air inlet tube to stock air box with K&N Panel filter. AC compressor removed (minimal gains but helping a tad) Happy with the base numbers, now it's time for more power & bump that limiter to 8000k

Old 05-12-2021, 10:38 AM   #31
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
While waiting for parts I did put on over 600kms last weekend with the Brz which was great. My cousin & I went cruising with his STI, been awhile since I enjoyed a car weekend. Almost at 52,000 kms now!

I had a moment to Dyno the car as well exactly how I ran it the past two seasons. Stock tune, Stock Headers / Stock Exhaust, Air inlet tube to stock air box with K&N Panel filter. AC compressor removed (minimal gains but helping a tad) Happy with the base numbers, now it's time for more power & bump that limiter to 8000k

I would leave your rev limiter at the stock. Unless you have a reason the gains are not worth the risk imo.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:50 AM   #32
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
I would leave your rev limiter at the stock. Unless you have a reason the gains are not worth the risk imo.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

For me the gains are always worth it. I rev my 5.0 Coyote V8 to 8200 rpms so nothing new here lol...

I will put a ATI Sfi balancer on this Brz to help with the high rpm vibration. For me when powershifting it's all about where the rpm lands in the next gear. If I can keep it another 500-800rpm in the range that will help me.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:00 PM   #33
Berserker

Small update-

May 24 Weekend was one big clean up between my cars & working on my Cousin's Sti. Cleaned the Brz first, engine bay, did my Legacy wagon, then engine bay, pulled my Red Frs out & cleaned that bay as well.. everything was already outside so it was rolling. We are prepping for the 2021 Drag season so I convinced him to Remove the AC system & windshield res. Windshield fluid is a winter sport .. Four windows for air flow, no need for AC psh. Heavy engine bay cleaning & topped it off with a fresh set of Black housing Oem lights, New Cherry red Sti emblem & Removed his weathered old strut brace that came on the car. Solid 45 lbs removed, he still needs to get his race bucket seat in there for another -25-30 ish. Fog light block off plates coming next Pushing for his car to run 11.90's on the stock turbo with full bolt ons 94 Oct.

Before, during , after (STI)

Old 05-31-2021, 08:06 PM   #34
Berserker

I Spent last weekend working on my friends cars trying to get them all 11/10 for summer. I did get some Brz time in yesterday for a small completion. I have been meaning to removing the wipers, motor & arms. So out it all came yesterday evening. Didn't weight it yet feels like 8-9lbs total, just have to be careful with the Plastic Cowl clips on the bottom.

This is what it looked like with the plastic cowl removed and hood down. from the rear you could see everything of course but from the front or side you cannot tell really. I could remove this for the track & let a bunch of heat out in theory, might make a carbon plate to close off the cowl area if I do that once in a blue moon.

Everything back together & I think it looks hella clean looking! Before anyone asks I literally practice driving with no wipers on the daily to prep for the weekend cars. It doesn't bother me personally, some Rain-x doesn't hurt either.

Old 06-01-2021, 12:03 AM   #35
RayRay88

Drives: 2017 86 860 Special Edition
Ideally you should make a cover to seal it flush to the windshield, will help reduce drag a decent amount. I'm pretty sure that's a low pressure zone and will end up sucking in air into the engine bay at speed. This is how old cowl induction hoods worked.
RayRay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RayRay88 For This Useful Post:
Berserker (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 12:10 PM   #36
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay88 View Post
Ideally you should make a cover to seal it flush to the windshield, will help reduce drag a decent amount. I'm pretty sure that's a low pressure zone and will end up sucking in air into the engine bay at speed. This is how old cowl induction hoods worked.
I put the stock Plastic cowl cover back on, but like you mentioned I will probably get real arts & crafty with cardboard first & then try to come up with something proper
Old 06-18-2021, 01:36 PM   #37
Berserker

Update in coming..

The first race is coming up this weekend & I am still waiting on a good Amount of parts sadly. I figured I would do what I can in the meantime, removing a bit more weight & some other glitches to get me by the race weekend. Moving up into the next class of 13.00 index has my work cut out for me this upcoming Sunday. My plan is to tree everyone on the pro .400 tree & just be consistent every pass lol.. Let's giver to get er.

Thanks to my buddy Steve for the Jdm part hook up once more! I went ahead and finally got the Sti front badge / bracket to match the theme.

I always wanted this TRD "Rear trunk Stabilizer" I figured it would not hurt the cause in anyway, & it really does fill in the rear gap between the window & trunk lid. These images are just the test fit pics but as you can see it's a quality little piece. TRD gives you small foam pieces to space it far enough from the trunk lid so it doesn't hit the trim when opening the trunk.

As it is from factory.

I like

I was brain storming last week thinking what other items I could remove for the Race this weekend. Removed the metal bracing under the driver side panel, 3-4 lbs here at least. The passenger air bag has been on my list of things to remove. I proceeded to remove half the dash for the easy access lol.. Didn't weigh it but at least 5-6 lbs. I also removed the dash speakers (Forgot to do this I guess when I removed the rest of the stereo), removed the sun visors as well (couple pounds was surprised) I had previously removed the wipers / motor all together, along with my braille battery going in tomorrow should be another 50-55lbs removed from last season there. My Tomei Ti exhaust won't be here in time so I am going to drop the stock Muffler and just have it dumped under the car for the time being which should net another 35-38lbs savings.

Now for the small tricks.. I ordered my custom 15x4 & 15x8 drag wheels already but they are still at least 4 weeks out. Being I haven't gained any hp from last season & I am 1 second away from where I need to be for round eliminations.. Decided to get a cheap set of front Skinny's going. I took the spare donut out of my Red Frs + My Brz spare donut that was laying around and had them dismounted. Bought two cheap Front 135/90/16 Motorcycle tires to replace the factory low speed rated donut tires. The bike tires are slightly taller which will be perfect height with my rear 16" BBS set up. The idea of course is still even less rotating weight on these 16x4's (Even though they are steel) & less contact patch touching the ground versus my 16x6.5 BBS fronts with a 205 tire. If I can get .1 or .2 tenths off with these that will be a bonus. Had to paint them silver to match the rear BBS wheels ��

Also while pondering.. I kind of forgot I had a new TRD air box kit sitting at home. I did my traditional Dei gold wrap on the lid & will have it on stand by for this weekend. My current stock air box has been good to me with a K&N drop in / Silicone tube. If I can gain 2-3 hp anywhere in the curve with the TRD air box I will take it lol..

Going to start prepping tonight to leave early tomorrow morning. Will report back squad

Last edited by Berserker; 06-18-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Berserker For This Useful Post:
villainous_frx (06-19-2021)