follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 01-17-2017, 01:03 AM   #1
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Heuberger Motors

So I just concluded business with Clint and Mark over at Heuberger Motors this last week. I asked for a quote which I've done every year for awhile now. Clint gave me a good deal. Mark managed to beat both my credit unions with JP Morgan Chase, 1.90% for 60 months. I already have a loan through Chase for my Mazda. Which might have had something to do with that.

The process all told took about a month from when I asked for a quote to when I actually sat in the car. I am fairly patient about these things as a matter of course. Getting the logistics worked out took me an extra couple days at least. I ended up trading cars halfway with my mother instead of trading my other car in and getting them shipped. Which solved both problems. It's so difficult to find cars with manual transmissions these days. I compromised on the hatch to get that car. Something I regretted greatly later on. But now I don't need 5 seats. I only drive myself and some gear.

The drive over highway 36 was fun. It's a dangerous road on a good day but you just have to take it slow and be ready to let the local racers by. I was passed by a full size truck hauling a trailer up hill... Now, driving through Nevada is not something I would recommend doing solo. I've done it twice and I die a little bit each time I do it. Interstate 80 through Nevada is three hills, one tunnel, and about 300 miles of washboard roads. I brought plenty of water this time but I still started seeing aliens about halfway through.

Anyway, 10/10 highly recommend. Thanks Clint and Mark. It was my pleasure to do business with you. Thanks for a Christmas in January.

I might add that they threw in a bunch of extra stuff that I honestly didn't expect considering what I paid for the car. There was a sweet tool set but I think the aliens took it.

I didn't get home until after dark. So here is the one professional pic of my BRZ in front of my Mazda3 in a cheap hotel parking lot. Please ignore the ugly hobo looking guy. That's me. Even though the car had 938 miles at this point, it still had all the stickers on it. So I strategically parked myself in front of the more obvious sticker.
Name:  FB_IMG_1484627465188.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  98.2 KB
And yes I swapped the stock tires for Blizzaks. It gets just cold enough to warrant a set of tires besides summers. And Highway 36 sees just enough snow to make chains a necessity. I drove on some white stuff last month. It just happened that two clear days fell on my two days off work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Allch Chcar For This Useful Post:
menikmati (01-23-2017)