follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 09-25-2020, 06:57 PM   #1
Sergiothechief

Drives: Argento Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trouble with Car Stallling

Hello everybody, let me start off by saying I have a sbd500x kit on 700cc injectors and an aem fuel pump running on a flex fuel kit. Car has been tuned by a reputable tuner and since installing turbo kit car has had a problem with shutting off. The problem is that it does it on random occasions when coming to stop and when downshifting. Also, when I rev the car to high rpm's the car will sometimes catch it self but sometimes it just shuts off. On occasion when I come to stop at a light my car idle up and down to say 2500 and go down and do this a few times before it completely shuts off. Any help will be greatly appreciated. On a side note, I replaced my map sensor thinking it was a faulty 4bar map sensor but the problem persist.
Sergiothechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:27 PM   #2
BlOody_BoOger

Drives: Hot lava FRS Monogram Charizard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergiothechief View Post
Hello everybody, let me start off by saying I have a sbd500x kit on 700cc injectors and an aem fuel pump running on a flex fuel kit. Car has been tuned by a reputable tuner and since installing turbo kit car has had a problem with shutting off. The problem is that it does it on random occasions when coming to stop and when downshifting. Also, when I rev the car to high rpm's the car will sometimes catch it self but sometimes it just shuts off. On occasion when I come to stop at a light my car idle up and down to say 2500 and go down and do this a few times before it completely shuts off. Any help will be greatly appreciated. On a side note, I replaced my map sensor thinking it was a faulty 4bar map sensor but the problem persist.
You should do a data log of some casual driving so you can see what the car is doing when it shuts off.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
BlOody_BoOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:03 PM   #3
anticubus

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergiothechief View Post
Have you been in touch with your tuner? If not, I'd be proactive, grab a log (And then stop driving the car until it's analyzed), and then send it their way if they're willing to check into things for you. You can also post it here and there are many members with tuning experience who would gladly offer their opinion on the issue and potential root causes.

By your description it could be fueling, a bad sensor, a leak, all sorts of things. Some questions that can help narrow it down: Is your flex fuel kit reporting the right ethanol content? Are your AFRs and targets close? Are your plugs and coils good (Especially if you have an earlier model with the bad coil packs and old wiring harness design.)

Let's get your car back to 100% my guy!
anticubus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anticubus For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (10-01-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Get a better tuner. Zach at CSG will set you up right. Also if your boosted go ecutek.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (10-01-2020)