follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 08-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #29

Drives: '23 CWP BRZ
Thanked 1,126 Times in 533 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
Coggin Toyota at the avenues has a $5000 mark up. Had Barry and after driving a mile on a test drive he told me to turn around cause he didn't want to put miles on the car which had 100+'miles on it already.
Weird, I was going to be able to get one at MSRP, but they didnt' have the color I wanted.
636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #30
Jaxxx

Drives: Acura TL, MDX, BMW 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Was there last week, is yours an auto? They have two in front.
Jaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #31
RavenFR-S

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Northshore Toyota
State: Covington
City: LA
Brand: Scion
Salesman to talk to: N/A
Reference desired: N/A
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:

Details of your experience with the dealership:
The after purchase sales experience I have had with this dealer is terrible. I had a few additional aspects to my purchase the was owed to me. The long duration of time and many phone call to complete these was ridiculous. Also, I had the tail light condensation issue with my car within one week of ownership (I know it is not the dealership's fault). The parts department ordered a replacement for it stating a two week arrival time. Two weeks passed by with no notification of arrival. Three weeks passed by with no notification. I called the dealership. At this point, they claimed it never arrived. One week later, I called again with similar result. This repeated a few more times, that is until I finally got the answer of "We lost it." At this point, I was too fed up with waiting for the insane amount of incompetence, I went to a differnt dealer. Stay away from for any after-purchase issues.
RavenFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #32
arucard77

Drives: 6MT Whiteout
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Dealership Name: Wesley Chapel Toyota/Scion
State: FL
City: Wesley Chapel
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: N/A

4k FMV adjustment.
Agreed... I just didn't see this thread before I bought.
arucard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #33
RavenFR-S

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenFR-S View Post
Dealership Name: Northshore Toyota
State: Covington
City: LA
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:

The after purchase sales experience I have had with this dealer is terrible. I had a few additional aspects to my purchase the was owed to me. The long duration of time and many phone call to complete these was ridiculous. Also, I had the tail light condensation issue with my car within one week of ownership (I know it is not the dealership's fault). The parts department ordered a replacement for it stating a two week arrival time. Two weeks passed by with no notification of arrival. Three weeks passed by with no onotification. I called the dealership. At this point, they claimed it never arrived. One week later, I called again with similar result. This repeated a few more times, that is until I finally got the answer of "We lost it." At this point, I was too fed up with waiting for the insane amount of incompetence, I went to a differnt dealer. Stay away from for any after-purchase issues.
I had yet another negative experience with this dealer today dealing with the fuel pump service bulletin. My advise to everyone is to never purchase from here or have any service done. Probably the worst dealer in Louisiana, or at least a close second.
RavenFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #34
Toyota86Fan

Drives: 2000 Olds Alero Sedan GLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Dealership Name: Wesley Chapel Toyota/Scion
City: Wesley Chapel

4k FMV adjustment.
They are still marking the car up as of 2012-10-06. I asked about it - they said their inventory numbers are starting to go up and will be lowering it at some point in the future - but didn't give any dates.

Also - the dealership is pretty, clean and new but the huge play on "we don't do pushy sales but let's tell you about how you should buy from us because we save kittens and make rainbows" is just as off-putting.

They also claim to give some kind of "lifetime warranty on drivetrain" that is unique to their dealership - yet honored nationwide. I had this feeling that would be a "line item" on the price tag if I bought it there!
Toyota86Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #35
arucard77

Drives: 6MT Whiteout
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota86Fan View Post
They are still marking the car up as of 2012-10-06. I asked about it - they said their inventory numbers are starting to go up and will be lowering it at some point in the future - but didn't give any dates.

Also - the dealership is pretty, clean and new but the huge play on "we don't do pushy sales but let's tell you about how you should buy from us because we save kittens and make rainbows" is just as off-putting.

They also claim to give some kind of "lifetime warranty on drivetrain" that is unique to their dealership - yet honored nationwide. I had this feeling that would be a "line item" on the price tag if I bought it there!
Interested in who you spoke to, wondering if its the same guy I dealt with. PM me
arucard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #36
aznknightz17

Drives: Vroom Vroom
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstans84 View Post
Dealership Name: Stone Mountain Toyota
State: Georgia
City: Lilburn
Brand: Both
Salesman to talk to: Sam and Mark

Details of your experience with the dealership: I called them up because I saw on AutoTrader they had listed having 2 FR-S MT on the lot. I asked them to verify that they did in fact have them and was told yes they did come on out. So I drove an hour and a half out there only to find out that they only had one FR-S in stock and it was an automatic. I talked to the sales associate again and was told that he thought they had them that he didn't actually check and that the 2 manuals had apparently been sold the day before. I asked his manager if they would compinsate me in some way for me driving an hour and a half out there because his sales associate lied to me. The manager basically told me to shove off and that he didn't care. I would avoid these guys like the plague, they don't give to s***s about their customers.
Same here. To keep it short they tried to scam me by saying they had the car I wanted but when I drove up there they said it was already sold and suggested Argento. I said No thanks and left. Wasted 5hrs dealing with them. Just take your business to World Toyota or Toyota Mall of GA. At least they are upfront with me about the FRS.

Sales person: Ricky
aznknightz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #37
kthxbai

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: Daytona Toyota
State: Florida
City: Daytona Beach
Salesman to talk to: Craig Lattz, Seymor Small*, Joe (Manager)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 2 - Whiteout Manual (loaded with options) & Firestorm Automatic

Details of your experience with the dealership: My fiance and I made an inquiry to Daytona Toyota based on their score on www.dealerrater.com last week. I made an appointment with Craig Lattz for Sunday, Dec. 9th at 12pm as he stated he found me a manual Whiteout within my price range being allocated to his dealership by the end of the month (he even provided a VIN#). When we arrived, Craig was nowhere to be found and his colleagues really couldn't tell us where he was. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was on another sale as we did arrive approximately 10 minutes late due to traffic.

We were helped by Seymour Small, which honestly this write up does not apply to him as he was a stand up guy and helped us with all the questions HE had answers to. Seymour pulled the whiteout manual they currently had in stock off the show room floor for us to test drive. When we were done we reiterated to him that this was no the car we came to look at and that Craig had located a car for us. This is when his manager Joe stepped in and told us that the specific car with the VIN# number Craig provided NO LONGER EXISTED and that he couldn't even find where this car was even located. He kept pressing us to consider the Whiteout Manual he had in stock (which was loaded up to the T at close to $29,000) and when we stated that the only way we could even begin conversation was if he would work with us to lower the dealer fee. This is when he gave us some sap story about how each dealership has to "stay a float" some how, it would be a class action law suit if he took the fee off completely, and that every dealer in Florida charges a fee (which is not true, i.e Sun Toyota in Holiday, Florida). At this point he said there was nothing more he could do for us and so we left.

So in the end, never met with Craig; Seymour tried to help us and Joe was less than gracious to work with. Morale of the story is do your research and don't believe everything you read on a site like www.dealerrater.com to be true.
kthxbai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kthxbai For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (12-12-2012)
Old 01-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #38
Chaetagnath

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai View Post
Dealership Name: Daytona Toyota
State: Florida
City: Daytona Beach
Salesman to talk to: Craig Lattz, Seymor Small*, Joe (Manager)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 2 - Whiteout Manual (loaded with options) & Firestorm Automatic

Details of your experience with the dealership: My fiance and I made an inquiry to Daytona Toyota based on their score on www.dealerrater.com last week. I made an appointment with Craig Lattz for Sunday, Dec. 9th at 12pm as he stated he found me a manual Whiteout within my price range being allocated to his dealership by the end of the month (he even provided a VIN#). When we arrived, Craig was nowhere to be found and his colleagues really couldn't tell us where he was. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was on another sale as we did arrive approximately 10 minutes late due to traffic.

We were helped by Seymour Small, which honestly this write up does not apply to him as he was a stand up guy and helped us with all the questions HE had answers to. Seymour pulled the whiteout manual they currently had in stock off the show room floor for us to test drive. When we were done we reiterated to him that this was no the car we came to look at and that Craig had located a car for us. This is when his manager Joe stepped in and told us that the specific car with the VIN# number Craig provided NO LONGER EXISTED and that he couldn't even find where this car was even located. He kept pressing us to consider the Whiteout Manual he had in stock (which was loaded up to the T at close to $29,000) and when we stated that the only way we could even begin conversation was if he would work with us to lower the dealer fee. This is when he gave us some sap story about how each dealership has to "stay a float" some how, it would be a class action law suit if he took the fee off completely, and that every dealer in Florida charges a fee (which is not true, i.e Sun Toyota in Holiday, Florida). At this point he said there was nothing more he could do for us and so we left.

So in the end, never met with Craig; Seymour tried to help us and Joe was less than gracious to work with. Morale of the story is do your research and don't believe everything you read on a site like www.dealerrater.com to be true.
I had a similar experience with this dealership, but never actually went there. I contacted them by email and asked them to send me a detailed price breakdown of all cars they had in stock. I asked for this thee times, finally got a total price, but no breakdown. They call ALL the time though. I told them I bought my FRS already and to stop calling me. I got another call yesterday. This is a month after I bought my freakin car (from a dealership in Ohio, Kasper Toyota. Paid MSRP, NO DEALER fees, and shipping to Florida, which was still cheaper than paying MSRP and the dealer fees down here) and told them to leave me alone. Total sleazebag place IMO run by idiots.
Chaetagnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #39
kthxbai

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
I had a similar experience with this dealership, but never actually went there. I contacted them by email and asked them to send me a detailed price breakdown of all cars they had in stock. I asked for this thee times, finally got a total price, but no breakdown. They call ALL the time though. I told them I bought my FRS already and to stop calling me. I got another call yesterday. This is a month after I bought my freakin car (from a dealership in Ohio, Kasper Toyota. Paid MSRP, NO DEALER fees, and shipping to Florida, which was still cheaper than paying MSRP and the dealer fees down here) and told them to leave me alone. Total sleazebag place IMO run by idiots.
Man, sounds like you got a killer deal! Congrats on finding a dealership that was willing to work with you to get the car you wanted. We ended up going to David Maus just to see what they had and ended up finding a Whiteout M/T that we were happy with that was actually on the lot and went home with one that same day. Daytona Toyota kept calling us too until we gave them a less than stellar rating with some third party survey group and magically they stopped callling...funny how that worked out.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #40
Sheldon

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Toyota of West Kendall
City: Miami
Brand: Toyota/Scion

This happened last August so I do not remember the salesman's name. They had multiple listings on Auto Trader.com so I decided to give them a call (against the advice of my bro-in-law who used to work for Lexus of Kendall). Guy was nice at first as I made it very clear that I would not pay more than MSRP. He proceeded to have me fill out a credit app over the phone, and I returned it to him. I call him later on and he has the nerve to tell me that that car has a $3K markup. I told him that I made it clear I was not paying more than MSRP. He tells me well good luck with finding that deal. A waste of my time.

The same day I randomly called Lipton Toyota and spoke to Abraham Donaldson. He said he has a whiteout in stock and will not charge me a markup. I went that same day and bought it.
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #41
Captain_Awesome_Pants

Drives: FR-S: Firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Cox Toyota
State: NC
City: Burlington
Brand: Both
Salesman to talk to: N/A (not throwing someone under a bus when it might be simply bad dealership procedure.)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 3

Went there to check out an FR-S (had three on the lot). Salesman comes right out to chat with me. I tell him Im looking for a certain color not on lot, and he says "we cant go any further till we take a test drive". Bit of a red flag but whatever, fine. Any excuse to drive the FR-S again.

He lets me go on an extended drive and realizes I knew more about the car than he did. Nice. We get back and I notice the sticker has nitrogen filled tires at an up-charge (another red flag). Get inside and they seem to have a ticking clock.. they were really rushing me through the process of collecting data etc... THEN refuse to order me a FR-S I want and keep pushing local dealer trades on me that had things I didn't need. They wont budge on waiting for the right one I want to come available and seem insistent that I must take every option they have because they "get them that way from the factory". Sure mate. I tell them I've waited a year for the car and can wait longer for what I want and walk. Whole thing stank of bait and switch and all the things you hate a dealer for.

Those FR-S stayed on the lot for weeks.
Captain_Awesome_Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #42
ferrousfrs

Drives: silver frs
Dealership Name: High Country Toyota (the name says it all!)
State: Al
City: Scottsboro
Salesman to NOT talk to: cory
Reference desired: none
Allocation left: unknown

I call to see what color FRS they are allocated. They tell me silver.
Great! How much?
$32000
Why?
Oh... well... we have all kinds of hidden fees like DEALER FINDER FEE...(WTF!???)
A bunch of losers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM!
I found that Beaman Toyota in Nashville, TN to be strait up "honest" dealership (all dealers sneak in fees... they did not sneak in as much as other dealerships).
The salesman, Santi, was really excited for me. He even called me a couple of weeks after I bought the car. He wanted to see if I was still happy with my purchase.
ferrousfrs is offline   Reply With Quote