follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE

User Tag List

Old 10-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #197
fotonas13

Drives: Cayman S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ for sale not in Finland, but not that far away. Can arrange delivery.
https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...l?id=284882345

Last edited by fotonas13; 10-25-2019 at 02:39 AM.
fotonas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:57 AM   #198
HamiltonOne

Drives: BMW, Benz
I am also the owner of GT86, and I bought it at the age of 18 (now I'm 21) with money earned on the Internet - additional info. I still ride, but I'm already tired, I want to change to a more camphor and softer model. Thinking between a C-class Mercedes and a BMW 7 model.
HamiltonOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:50 AM   #199
AFS

Drives: N/A
Hello,
Finding this thread was a nice surprise
Greek living in Finland here...

Just started having thoughts about getting a GT86 (or BRZ) in spring time and begun googling around about it so that's how I got here.
I started my search for cars at nettiauto but at least at the moment the manual cars are almost non existent, why is it so? Are there usually more options later in spring time?

Another question, does it make any difference in maintenance costs depending on whether it is the GT86 or the BRZ? Well I suppose spare parts are pretty much the same but does the Subaru dealership charge more than the Toyota one or the opposite?
What kind of yearly costs should I expect to run the car (putting fuel aside) if I do like 15k km per year?

I think the requirements that I will set is manual, no modifications, suomi auto and less than 80k km.Do you have recommendations or things that I should take notice for selecting a car?

As I said I just started quest so, shall I eventually make the decision to get one I am pretty sure I will come back with more questions now that I know about this thread.
AFS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AFS For This Useful Post:
boy_racer (04-30-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 11:38 AM   #200
deaddis

Drives: Toyota GT86 2013,
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFS View Post
Hello,
Finding this thread was a nice surprise
Greek living in Finland here...

Just started having thoughts about getting a GT86 (or BRZ) in spring time and begun googling around about it so that's how I got here.
I started my search for cars at nettiauto but at least at the moment the manual cars are almost non existent, why is it so? Are there usually more options later in spring time?

Another question, does it make any difference in maintenance costs depending on whether it is the GT86 or the BRZ? Well I suppose spare parts are pretty much the same but does the Subaru dealership charge more than the Toyota one or the opposite?
What kind of yearly costs should I expect to run the car (putting fuel aside) if I do like 15k km per year?

I think the requirements that I will set is manual, no modifications, suomi auto and less than 80k km.Do you have recommendations or things that I should take notice for selecting a car?

As I said I just started quest so, shall I eventually make the decision to get one I am pretty sure I will come back with more questions now that I know about this thread.
Hi sorry for a really slow reply, there really aren''t that many owners in Finland, there is a Facebook group which is quite active.

The maintenance on the car is cheap, Toyota maintenance is really cost friendly, and there shouldn't be a reason why you shouldn't be able to take a Subaru there either, they're literally the same car.

Only thing I can recommend is that you should get a +14 model year car, since apparently Toyota/Subaru handled the valve spring recall really badly in Finland. And most didn't get any info on the recall.

If you decide to get one join the FB group, there should be more activity there.

Also it works great as a winter car as well! Just add an engine heater and a indoor heater and there really isn't a better winter car.

Edit: the reason why there are only automatics available is because they're shit, they lack the fun of driving that's why there's so many of them on sale.
deaddis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 02:49 AM   #201
AFS

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddis View Post
Hi sorry for a really slow reply, there really aren''t that many owners in Finland, there is a Facebook group which is quite active.

The maintenance on the car is cheap, Toyota maintenance is really cost friendly, and there shouldn't be a reason why you shouldn't be able to take a Subaru there either, they're literally the same car.

Only thing I can recommend is that you should get a +14 model year car, since apparently Toyota/Subaru handled the valve spring recall really badly in Finland. And most didn't get any info on the recall.

If you decide to get one join the FB group, there should be more activity there.

Also it works great as a winter car as well! Just add an engine heater and a indoor heater and there really isn't a better winter car.

Edit: the reason why there are only automatics available is because they're shit, they lack the fun of driving that's why there's so many of them on sale.

Thanks a lot for the info and sorry for the awfully slow reply too.
I was abroad most of the time the past year so I had to postpone the search for a car but I am back at it.

Will have the tips in mind! But damn, so many automatics in the market It appears that manuals go out quite fast when there is one available with low milage.
AFS is offline   Reply With Quote