follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-24-2018, 11:36 PM   #29
JimmyMac

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2016 Miata Club
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh88 View Post
When did you order it? I ordered mine two weeks ago and was told there was no ETA on when it'd be back in stock. Rest of my order shipped but that one was shown as "ships from factory" meaning not in stock.
Just got home. I ordered it over the weekend with a tons of parts and it was on the shipping list as shipped today. One other item shipped separately from the factory a few days ago, but it was something different in that same order. And one item has yet to ship. I guess I'll find out next week if the motor mount is in there or not.
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:09 PM   #30
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Finally did this. Chose the cusco mounts because I had the trans collar. Did a diff brace at the same time. I was NOT prepared for the vibration on startup and takeoff, lol. I only drove about 50 miles on the highway so far but the car definitely smooths out as you get up to speed and feels tighter overall. I'm sure the mounts will break in a little over time but I may wind up swapping them out, not sure.

It's been a while, but life happened and a lot of things have prevented me doing a lot with the car. Hopefully I'll get back in to the hobby more in the next couple years.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:56 PM   #31
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Finally did this. Chose the cusco mounts because I had the trans collar. Did a diff brace at the same time. I was NOT prepared for the vibration on startup and takeoff, lol. I only drove about 50 miles on the highway so far but the car definitely smooths out as you get up to speed and feels tighter overall. I'm sure the mounts will break in a little over time but I may wind up swapping them out, not sure.

It's been a while, but life happened and a lot of things have prevented me doing a lot with the car. Hopefully I'll get back in to the hobby more in the next couple years.
I have sti mounts in now. And i got cusco mounts on order coming soon. Sti mounts with FI feel like oem mounts. Great option for NA though.

I’ve read the cusco mounts should fully break in after about 200miles and not be as harsh. Either that or maybe you just get used to it after 200 miles.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:24 PM   #32
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
I have sti mounts in now. And i got cusco mounts on order coming soon. Sti mounts with FI feel like oem mounts. Great option for NA though.

I’ve read the cusco mounts should fully break in after about 200miles and not be as harsh. Either that or maybe you just get used to it after 200 miles.
Yeah, either way I guess I just have to drive it, lol.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:48 PM   #33
CkOne

Drives: FR-S RS 1.0 #1037/1500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone know if there are any differences between the STI and the TRD motor mounts?
CkOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:12 AM   #34
ser1alchill3r

Drives: 2014 subaru brz satin pearl white
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sorry for bringing this thread back to life
Gotta ask, I am favouring Perrin engine mounts as of now. However I have seen some threads that say the bushings on it melt from aftermarket header heat. Since then Perrin has updated their motor mounts. Has anybody had this issue with updated Perrin mounts?
ser1alchill3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:46 AM   #35
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser1alchill3r View Post
Gotta ask, I am favouring Perrin engine mounts as of now. However I have seen some threads that say the bushings on it melt from aftermarket header heat. Since then Perrin has updated their motor mounts. Has anybody had this issue with updated Perrin mounts?
The new perrin mounts aren't supposed to have the issue. Whatever you do, unless you are tracking this car don't go cusco. Im swapping them for STI mounts and a kartboy trans insert after about 800 miles of driving. I did a roadtrip in the car and I can't take it. I'm old and they suck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summerwolf For This Useful Post:
asdf (11-26-2020), DarkPira7e (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 07:18 PM   #36
hifiguy99

Drives: 19' Toyota 86 TRD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ser1alchill3r View Post
Nope! No issues on the new ones that aren't prone to melting. Slightly more vibrations than stock and sti, more noticeable when its cold out. STI is pretty much like stock

I will be selling mine soon if anyone wants them I will post a thread later this week
hifiguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote