follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
phm14
Loves the Smell of Track

Drives: '13 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
FRS BRZ Suspension Mods

I'm interested in lowering my FRS ~20mm, and dialing in a alignment that helps handling while staying street/tire friendly on a 95% street car running 235 40 17 streets. My MX-5 was set up with a fairy aggressive alignment that was great on track, but the toe out up front gave inside wear on the the street. The Ohlins COs were also very good, but the setup good be harsh on the rear bumpstops at times. As well as the 86 cars handle out of the box, it's going to be a challenge to add parts without detracting from the "compromise" factory setup. I haven't tracked the car yet, but the indications I've seen are that with the tires I intend to run, valving/rates/sways may be about good for me. I'm hoping to get the car lower and add a bit of camber without messing up the ride & handling qualities the car has now. Looking at some of the factory alignment settings posted here, I'm almost tempted to get my alignment checked/adjusted for a better baseline. Those of us who plan to run the stock dampers for a while need to know if there are valving differences between the FRS & BRZ. I have a FRS, and valving could possibly make for different rate selection. Costs for spring/plate kits will also have to be compared to the coilover option. Any seen stock crossweights with driver posted up? Suggestions on alignment specs and hardware needs to get where I need to be are greatly appreciated.
phm14 is offline   Reply With Quote