follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-13-2015, 01:41 PM   #29
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Quick question, what gear was this performed in?

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
log was third gear, believe yours was fifth ?

have tried to reproduce in fifth up to 5000 rpm full throttle but could not produce issue on my car with our fuel which is guaranteed 85% ethanol e85. on A01G rom UEL catless header, will also pull at 1500 rpm on road.

dont have dyno

again not saying it does not happen just that it does not appear to be a universal problem on all cars.

also my current tune is modified to suit my fuel maf scaling OL Fuel Table adjusted, so I am no longer a true test.

however log posted previously was on stock car running standard oft tune on E85

Last edited by steve99; 01-13-2015 at 03:14 PM.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #30
GotBRZ1691

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited 6smt
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post

have tried to reproduce in fifth up to 5000 rpm full throttle but could not produce issue on my car with out fuel which is guaranteed e85. on A01G rom UEL header, will also pull at 1500 rpm on road.

dont have dyno
I have a road I can log this on. It is privately owned and I have permission to use it. I have been able to reach 125mph before tuned. I am now tuned, on E85, with OFT. I am running the stg 2 UL E85 tune since I do not have my header yet.

I have to rescale my MAF first though as I got a new drop-in-filter.

I have a lightweight crank pulley, drop in filter, and cat back exhaust, so not the same exact parts but the tune will be the same, hopefully.

@ck-GT86 You did mention you got a header, but was that after your first dynos run or before, I forget your time line. Where you on the EL or UEL tune?

I will be getting a header in a month or two and will be able to compare then if you were on UEL.

I have a lot of respect for both tuners in this thread, and I am using one of their products, but I hate how it always happens like this, one tuner pointing fingers at the other, and then back and forth. Lets put our heads together and find a solution instead of blaming someone else, for something that may or may not be related to what they do.

I have a car I am willing to run, and would like to hit a dyno, so lets stop playing who's **** is bigger and lets figure this shit out
GotBRZ1691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:48 PM   #31
ck-GT86

Drives: '13 Raven FR-S, MT
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBRZ1691 View Post
I have a road I can log this on. It is privately owned and I have permission to use it. I have been able to reach 125mph before tuned. I am now tuned, on E85, with OFT. I am running the stg 2 UL E85 tune since I do not have my header yet.

I have to rescale my MAF first though as I got a new drop-in-filter.

I have a lightweight crank pulley, drop in filter, and cat back exhaust, so not the same exact parts but the tune will be the same, hopefully.

@ck-GT86 You did mention you got a header, but was that after your first dynos run or before, I forget your time line. Where you on the EL or UEL tune?

I will be getting a header in a month or two and will be able to compare then if you were on UEL.

I have a lot of respect for both tuners in this thread, and I am using one of their products, but I hate how it always happens like this, one tuner pointing fingers at the other, and then back and forth. Lets put our heads together and find a solution instead of blaming someone else, for something that may or may not be related to what they do.

I have a car I am willing to run, and would like to hit a dyno, so lets stop playing who's **** is bigger and lets figure this shit out
I got the P&L EL header long before putting my car on any dynos. And I used only the Stage 2 EL maps since, never bothered to try the UEL maps. My headers are also catted, don't know if that'll make any difference.

.ck
Old 01-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #32
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
Has that sudden dip ever on the oft tune been recorded by another type of dyno?
I am not aware of the dip being recorded on any other single dyno, let alone dyno type, than the one at Mann. Then again, I haven't ever seen anyone do 1 minute long dyno pulls.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
Raymer (02-15-2016)
Old 01-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #33
GotBRZ1691

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited 6smt
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck-GT86 View Post
I got the P&L EL header long before putting my car on any dynos. And I used only the Stage 2 EL maps since, never bothered to try the UEL maps. My headers are also catted, don't know if that'll make any difference.

.ck
I just wanted to know what tune you were running. If it is a tune related issue, the header should not make a difference. With the P & L you ran the UL tune file, which is what I run now.

I will try and get out this afternoon and get a log to rescale MAF then I can log a 0-1?? mph to capture 4,000 through 5,000 revs.

Hope I have enough road haha
GotBRZ1691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:07 PM   #34
diodelphi

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

have tried to reproduce in fifth up to 5000 rpm full throttle but could not produce issue on my car with our fuel which is guaranteed 85% ethanol e85. on A01G rom UEL catless header, will also pull at 1500 rpm on road.

dont have dyno

again not saying it does not happen just that it does not appear to be a universal problem on all cars.

also my current tune is modified to suit my fuel maf scaling OL Fuel Table adjusted, so I am no longer a true test.

however log posted previously was on stock car running standard oft tune on E85
dear steve
at wot your log shows alittle lag in CL/OP transition.
do you know why?
diodelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:20 PM   #35
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diodelphi View Post
dear steve
at wot your log shows alittle lag in CL/OP transition.
do you know why?
Was not logging cl/ol in that log. are you taking about arround 3v maf ?

It was done on a road that was slightly uphill and does change gradient and has the odd bump like most roads.

were looking for a fairly significant dropoff in torque/acceleration similar to what happened on the Mann dyno. around 4500 rpm under high loads.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:46 PM   #36
diodelphi

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Was not logging cl/ol in that log. are you taking about arround 3v maf ?

It was done on a road that was slightly uphill and does change gradient and has the odd bump like most roads.

were looking for a fairly significant dropoff in torque/acceleration similar to what happened on the Mann dyno. around 4500 rpm under high loads.
i point to the time region between 41-43 that 2 seconds pass for going afr from 13 to 11.25 .

i think this means a lag for CL/OL transmition.
diodelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #37
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diodelphi View Post
i point to the time region between 41-43 that 2 seconds pass for going afr from 13 to 11.25 .

i think this means a lag for CL/OL transmition.
Honestly don't know, but not seeing a decline or flattening of rpm increase or decline in engine load or ignition advance ect which would indicate the massive torque dip the guys in this thread are looking for
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
diodelphi (01-14-2015)
Old 01-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #38
ck-GT86

Drives: '13 Raven FR-S, MT
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
I am not aware of the dip being recorded on any other single dyno, let alone dyno type, than the one at Mann. Then again, I haven't ever seen anyone do 1 minute long dyno pulls.
Did you meet with the guy in LA over the past weekend? Was he able to show you his reported dip?

.ck
Old 01-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #39
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
Sometimes testing for all possible conditions makes for an extremely reliable tune. We tuned for 30 second pulls Ken Blocks Gymkhana 1 and believe it was well worth the effort. Being able to bounce off a REV limiter at 30 pounds of boost for 20 seconds at a time...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs-jAImScms"]DC SHOES: KEN BLOCK GYMKHANA PRACTICE - YouTube[/ame]

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
ck-GT86 (01-23-2015), themajesticone (01-23-2015)
Old 01-28-2016, 12:44 PM   #40
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I don't want to add to the OFT vs EcuTek debate... But I've had headers + op + Flexfuel installed - with Ecutek and a Delicious tune.

I really could not be happier. Delicious and my local tuner had various logs/tunes/voodoo done. Got the car back... It felt great, but got a call from the tuner saying "don't push it as its running a tiny bit lean". Took it back, 15 mins to reflash and retune and relog... Everything is now 100%.

The launch control and flat foot shifting etc is all really 'unnecessary extras' but 1) damn they feel cool and 2) I don't 'need' a sports car either... I could get a sh*tbox to get to work and back ;-)

More expensive yes. But in my opinion... Worth it. Top quality work + reliability etc.

Again, nothing against OFT, and I can only recommend on my personal experience. But Ecutek and delicious tuning for the win!
ck-GT86 (02-02-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #41
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Man, that is some awesome driving.... Great video (and oh how I'd love to get a ride in that or any of his other beasts!)
Old 01-28-2016, 03:20 PM   #42
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
What Load percentage were they running on the OFT Dyno with the Dip?

I do remember have a "slight" hesitation right around 4500 rpm in 5th and 6th. It only happened when going up hill at WOT on particularly hot days. Looks like a knock pulling back timing to me though

Stg 2 Beta:
DataZap Log

Edit: I also noticed in the OFT video, he short shifted 3rd into 5th. In the Ecutek video he goes in to 4th and then 5th. Although not a big difference.

Last edited by DustinS; 01-28-2016 at 03:48 PM.
DustinS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delicious tuning, ecutek, fud, fudtruck, mann engineering, oft, vishnu