follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 01-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #379
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
That happened to me once washing coin-op at -19 temp. Kept the car on didn't help. Could barely stop rolling out of the gas station. I drove to the underground parking at pmall to de-ice and it took 30 mins LOL!
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #380
brianc
OCD

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
winter driving ftl.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #381
aghuman

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarshipPoopers View Post
It's terrifying how many incompetent people were out on the streets today. Followed a Lexus uphill on Rathburn who was going 10-15km/h for about 250m and almost had me breaking traction which would have sucked.

Other people were driving down the center of mostly bare roads with clearly visible lines, most were doing 20 under the limit, people were switching lanes through the slush while still accelerating and then losing control (no accidents though which was good). Gripe gripe gripe.

Then again I am sure they look at me oversteering around turns and think "what an idiot".

Funny that I feel more comfortable and drive better in my light RWD coupe now than I do in my parent's or brother's AWD SUVs. Whenever I go into someone else's car you feel so detached from what's happening that it's no wonder you see people losing control for easily foreseeable things that they had tons of room to easily correct. I love the 'difficulty' of winter driving in a RWD now because it forces you to be aware of what's happening all the time and with this car you can feel it all translating through the steering so that it's easily corrected and anticipated.

Hating the temperatures, loving the snow.
I agree, I love driving this car in winter. I also get that look a ton but in all honesty it is soooo damn enjoyable to oversteer through corners. As usual when I drive and especially in these conditions, Im more worried about the people around me making a mistake. Not to sound arrogant, but very few people actually care enough about driving now days to actually focus on the little things that make everyone's drive better.

Also those fkn scratches are killing me , I cant believe how much damage can be done in 5 minutes with a broom
aghuman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aghuman For This Useful Post:
Evil Jesus (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #382
congee

Drives: SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Its okay guys. I know that feeling of coin oping when it was -10 under degrees. At least the extra layer of ice makes it look somewhat nice and adds protection kinda.
congee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #383
Evil Jesus

Drives: '13 FR-S Raven 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aghuman View Post
As usual when I drive and especially in these conditions, Im more worried about the people around me making a mistake. Not to sound arrogant, but very few people actually care enough about driving now days to actually focus on the little things that make everyone's drive better.

I say this all the time. It's incredibly rare that people focus on driving these days. They're just in a car doing their own thing. You're driving; do just that. Pay the fuck attention.

Quote:

Also those fkn scratches are killing me , I cant believe how much damage can be done in 5 minutes with a broom

Co-worker almost broomed my car off one night. I just about killed him. He's one of my best friends but he almost lost a couple teeth.
Evil Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #384
aghuman

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Jesus View Post
I say this all the time. It's incredibly rare that people focus on driving these days. They're just in a car doing their own thing. You're driving; do just that. Pay the fuck attention.

Co-worker almost broomed my car off one night. I just about killed him. He's one of my best friends but he almost lost a couple teeth.
Yea its one of those things eh, most people think they are just doing you a favor by leaning it off. Worst part it I see it everytime I get in my drivers seat, just a daily reminder so to say.

Totally agree on the attention thing, its just pt A to pt B for most people
aghuman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aghuman For This Useful Post:
Evil Jesus (01-28-2014)

Tags
7thgear rulz, kryptonite allergy, suberman cant drive