follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 01-07-2016, 07:38 PM   #9829
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR46 View Post
After a lot of trying, it wasn't possible to get a rear-facing toddler seat into the BRZ. The infant seat fit fine for a year, but as much as it pains me I had to sell the BRZ.

It's not all bad though, picked up a G37x sedan to be my baby hauler.

That being said, I have a kit to sell. I have the following:

1.5 dump Phantom ESC kit
Procede - new and never installed
OpenFlash Tablet

I am willing to separate these items or sell them all together for a little bit less. I'm not planning on selling the batteries with them as I assume they would cost a lot of money to ship. I'm located in Northern VA.

I'm also going to put a listing in the board classifieds with all this as well. I have a borla UEL header and a tsudo catted front pipe to sell too.

If you're interested please drop me a PM with what item(s) you are interested in, and what you think might be a fair price.

Thanks to this great community I had an awesome experience with the ESC and I'm sure that will also be true of whoever buys my kit.
By the time my little one was ready to leave the infant rear facing we were able to move her straight into the front facing infant seat which fit even better!

We had pegprego 30/30 for infant and bought a Eddie Bauer that went to 22 pounds for safe front facing children. We moved her at about 1 year old.

Never did use the rear facing child seat but ya they would never ever fit haha.

Sorry to hear you go

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
VR46 (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 10:51 PM   #9830
MugenReplica

Drives: Scion Twin Cam
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Can anybody help a NOOB on when the next run of superchargers is going to come out? I know I was put on a list through Rob I think it was? But I thought after a few months a new run would have been announced. Thank you!
MugenReplica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:55 PM   #9831
MugenReplica

Drives: Scion Twin Cam
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Scratch that, I somehow missed Fentons post....
MugenReplica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:21 AM   #9832
shaynek

Drives: BRZ Limited; GR86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR46 View Post
After a lot of trying, it wasn't possible to get a rear-facing toddler seat into the BRZ. The infant seat fit fine for a year, but as much as it pains me I had to sell the BRZ.

It's not all bad though, picked up a G37x sedan to be my baby hauler.

That being said, I have a kit to sell. I have the following:

1.5 dump Phantom ESC kit
Procede - new and never installed
OpenFlash Tablet

I am willing to separate these items or sell them all together for a little bit less. I'm not planning on selling the batteries with them as I assume they would cost a lot of money to ship. I'm located in Northern VA.

I'm also going to put a listing in the board classifieds with all this as well. I have a borla UEL header and a tsudo catted front pipe to sell too.

If you're interested please drop me a PM with what item(s) you are interested in, and what you think might be a fair price.

Thanks to this great community I had an awesome experience with the ESC and I'm sure that will also be true of whoever buys my kit.
I pm'd you sir
shaynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:04 PM   #9833
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Shuriken Battery Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo585 View Post
I noticed there are batteries out there with much higher CCA. Many for car audio. Would these give an advantage? Just curious money being no option what's the best batteries possible...

Like this:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...N-SK-BT20.html

850 amps!
Installed 2 of these today. I'll probably install the third one tomorrow. The bolts are the next size smaller, so the bolts and terminal adapter won't work. The copper connector to connect the ESC batteries is too short to reach, so I took a piece of 1/2" copper tubing, flattened it, and drilled two holes in it to make a new connector. So, to recap, the spacing and the bolt holes are all wrong with these batteries, but they are superior to the old batteries. Plan on using another car to run to the hardware store to get an extra-long bolt to run through the terminal adapter, or you can buy terminal adapters when you buy the batteries. They don't have connectors though, so you'll have to make one like I did. I used a Mega-Crank 420 for my engine battery because it was bigger, and had the right size terminals for the post adapter. These batteries are so small that I think they will all three fit in the OEM battery tray. I had about 5" of room left in the battery tray with both of these batteries in it. I'll find out if all three fit in the OEM tray tomorrow when I install the third one.
P.S. Yes, that screwdriver did do some arcing after I took this shot, but everything worked out fine.
Attached Images

Shinobu's Smile (01-09-2016), zc06_kisstherain (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016, 06:57 PM   #9834
stevo585

Drives: White 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Cool let us know how it feels!

I just aquired a used 1.5 dump kit and need batteries as well.

Does someone know if the latest big crank or batteries like the above would work? If not what parts do I need? I really don't want to run a 1.5 dump with power sonics.
stevo585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #9835
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo585 View Post
Cool let us know how it feels!

I just aquired a used 1.5 dump kit and need batteries as well.

Does someone know if the latest big crank or batteries like the above would work? If not what parts do I need? I really don't want to run a 1.5 dump with power sonics.

On the battery side of things you want a fast drain for the dump packs. I know Rob experimented with a lot of batteries. I feel like the latest iteration with the big crank batteries are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:59 PM   #9836
stevo585

[QUOTE=Sojhinn;2504017]On the battery side of things you want a fast drain for the dump packs. I know Rob experimented with a lot of batteries. I feel like the latest iteration with the big crank batteries are great.

Ok noted thanks. My question is will the latest batteries work with the 1.5 dump hardware?
Old 01-09-2016, 08:12 PM   #9837
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
[quote=stevo585;2504070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
On the battery side of things you want a fast drain for the dump packs. I know Rob experimented with a lot of batteries. I feel like the latest iteration with the big crank batteries are great.

Ok noted thanks. My question is will the latest batteries work with the 1.5 dump hardware?

The problem is the extra wiring on the dump wires. I believe if you cap the extra wires it should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
stevo585 (01-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #9838
stevo585

[QUOTE=Sojhinn;2504017]On the battery side of things you want a fast drain for the dump packs. I know Rob experimented with a lot of batteries. I feel like the latest iteration with the big crank batteries are great.

Be nice to actually hear from @Rob on these batteries as they are cheaper than the big crank and on paper seem better. 1 more amp-hour at least lol.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:48 AM   #9839
Shinobu's Smile

Drives: 2010 Tacoma, 2015 BRZ AT Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
[quote=stevo585;2504669]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post

Be nice to actually hear from @Rob on these batteries as they are cheaper than the big crank and on paper seem better. 1 more amp-hour at least lol.

As well as smaller and almost 14lbs lighter.
Shinobu's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:56 AM   #9840
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
The only approved battery that has been thoroughly tested by Rob himself is the BigCrank.

Rob has tried countless batteries over the years and not all work great with the ESC. The ESC has very fast discharge requirements and that drastically changes the batteries that work well.

I would be worried that they are 14lbs lighter....how are they lighter and provide more AmpHours? Not my area of expertise so i cant comment.

Even expensive batteries such as the Optimum's have been tested as dump packs and provide little to no gain in actual power.
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
Shinobu's Smile (01-11-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 12:59 PM   #9841
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Shuriken Battery Review redo

So, after some battery arcing just 3 blocks from home I decided to redo my batteries. My car cut out several times, then died, and started running again. I pulled over and saw the mega crank battery arcing against the hold down. The mega crank had to go, even though I left my OFT plugged in and turned on overnight, and it started like a champ, I couldn't have the positive terminal that close to the hold down. I decided to try using one of the big cranks as the car battery, and with the space I saved, I was able to use the OEM battery tray to keep everything tight, and the terminals are reversed, so the positive terminal is on the end, instead of in the middle. See pic below. I like the responsiveness of the SHURiKEN batteries. They snap back to full charge really quickly, they don't have the reserve capacity I need for the engine battery though, so I used one of the old big crank batteries for that, and it seems to be working out well. I haven't tried leaving the OFT turned on overnight yet though.

P.S. Sorry for the blurry pic. It's the only one I have of the finished setup, and I'm too lazy to go out and take another.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #9842
BRZ-y

Drives: Brz limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
It's really fun to see @KoolBRZ pushing this setup. @fenton maybe Rob can take some time to chat with KoolBRZ to go in a direction that he maybe hasn't tried yet. I know there is a lot of interest to see the upper limits of this system.
Of course, the purpose of the ESC is cost / power ratio with ease of use and install in mind. But we all want to know what these things are capable of. What are some of the expensive battery setups that Rob has dismissed as cost prohibitive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
The only approved battery that has been thoroughly tested by Rob himself is the BigCrank.

Rob has tried countless batteries over the years and not all work great with the ESC. The ESC has very fast discharge requirements and that drastically changes the batteries that work well.

I would be worried that they are 14lbs lighter....how are they lighter and provide more AmpHours? Not my area of expertise so i cant comment.

Even expensive batteries such as the Optimum's have been tested as dump packs and provide little to no gain in actual power.
BRZ-y is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive