follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 07-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #15
Sideways&Smiling

Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Care far more about the specific car than the brand. People who are wrapped up in brands generally have poor knowledge about what else is out there and why/how there may be better alternatives.
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sideways&Smiling For This Useful Post:
f0rge (07-21-2015), STV3 (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 02:30 PM   #16
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I would say I have a stronger affinity towards BMW than most other brands. Not because I'm a fanboi, but because I tend to enjoy the overall package they pull together for some of their cars. Not all cars mind you, you'd never see me driving a 7 series even if I was rich.

That being said, I'm more of a fan of "good cars" than any particular brand, almost every manufacturer has at one point in time built a car I would be proud to have in my driveway.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #17
jdmblood

Drives: white subaru brz
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post

A lot if it also has to do with personal experiences, like what @Packofcrows hinted at. Consider a negative experience with another brand with your parent's car, or a friend's car who isn't an enthusiast, whatever. It leaves such a sour taste in your mouth that it just furthers your emotional investment in the brand you think is cool/superior. Or, if the bad experience were to happen to *your* cool car, or your friend's cool (fill in the blank car), that it'd be just a common fix, but holy hell man, that "other POS" was a pain in the ass, man they suck...
i think this has alot to do with brand royalty
jdmblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #18
jdmblood

Drives: white subaru brz
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
I would say I have a stronger affinity towards BMW than most other brands. Not because I'm a fanboi, but because I tend to enjoy the overall package they pull together for some of their cars. Not all cars mind you, you'd never see me driving a 7 series even if I was rich.

That being said, I'm more of a fan of "good cars" than any particular brand, almost every manufacturer has at one point in time built a car I would be proud to have in my driveway.
I dislike bmw fanboys very much.
jdmblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #19
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
I have zero brand loyalty. If a company makes a car I like, then I shall buy it.
Makes all the sense to me.. mostly.

It's more reasonable to be loyal to a business based on business practices. You're not necessarily being loyal to that business so much as you are being loyal to your own held ideals and principals but repeatedly patronizing a business that exercises those principals makes all the sense in the world.

With that being said I have complete brand disloyalty to at least one brand...

General Motors: no matter how good a car they make.. I just can't do it which sucks because I do like the Corvette. With GM it's mainly on principle. There's SO many reasons but it started when the CEOs walked off their private jets to beg for a bailout. It was game over, indefinitely, at that point, but there's been at least a half dozen more awful things they've done since that.

edit: using the word the OP used.. "Orientation"... that's very different than loyalty so after thinking about it. I'd say when it comes to cars, at least ones I want to own and could afford I'm more oriented toward Japanese brands. When it comes to American brands I'm more oriented toward Ford. When it comes to big vehicles that can pull stuff, I'm oriented toward American brands.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:13 PM   #20
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
I would say I have a stronger affinity towards BMW than most other brands.

I'm struggling to put those two, very opposite things, together in my head.

jdmblood (07-21-2015)