follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
mjsivee

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
02 Sensor

Does anyone know which O2 sensor is the one with the black head nearest to the rear the longer one (Primary, secondary, wideband?). I am trying to get another one because it got stripped when I installed my headers.

Do you need the o2 sensors, or bunge in order to get a tune.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....
mjsivee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Chimpo

Drives: '15 STi Ltd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Pre-cat or post-cat? I'm having a hard time understanding that first sentence.

More importantly than a tune, your car NEEDS the pre-cat one to help it run correctly. Obviously since this has a direct affect on the ECU, any tune will be not good (even stock) if this is hurt. The post-cat one is for cat efficiency (is the cat working or not).
Chimpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
mjsivee

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I am currently running no cats in my headers.....got the Rev Works Headers..When I took off my o2 sensor the one that is closes to the rear of the car, it was stripped. I currently have a check engine light on.....I was just wondering if i actually need to go out of my way and buy an 02 sensor for my car to replace the spark plug non-fouler that is currently plugging up the hole where the o2 sensor used to be....The other o2 sensor is working find the one closes to the front of the car..... Does that make sense
mjsivee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
Chimpo

Drives: '15 STi Ltd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yes, much better. Your car is allright. Get an ECUTek tune and have them turn off the code for a faulty cat. I would believe you may have to leave the O2 plugged into the car, but I'm not sure on this. I would imagine there are two separate codes: one for cat and one for a faulty (i.e. missing/unplugged) sensor.
Chimpo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chimpo For This Useful Post:
mjsivee (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsivee View Post
I am currently running no cats in my headers.....got the Rev Works Headers..When I took off my o2 sensor the one that is closes to the rear of the car, it was stripped. I currently have a check engine light on.....I was just wondering if i actually need to go out of my way and buy an 02 sensor for my car to replace the spark plug non-fouler that is currently plugging up the hole where the o2 sensor used to be....The other o2 sensor is working find the one closes to the front of the car..... Does that make sense
That's not a spark plug non-fouler... that's just a plug, the non-fouler part is the tube that keeps the O2 sensor out of the direct exhaust stream and it's to prevent a check engine light, not to keep spark plugs from fouling.