follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 11-29-2020, 11:54 AM   #1
gauravr24

Drives: 2017 gt86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question 2017+ 86 VLAND headlight wiring

Hello all,

This may have been asked already, but I am having trouble wiring my VLAND headlights to my 2017 86. The 2017+ has an 8 pin connector, like the vlands, so I didn't have to use the 8pin-->6pin connector that was provided. However, when I plugged them in, my DRL and turn signal lights were switched.

I know I need to switch two wires to fix it, since I saw this video where they hasd the same problem. I just dont know which color wires to switch, I added a picture below! I don't have a multimeter to test the wires nor do i know how to use one. thank you so much in advance.
Attached Images

gauravr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:47 PM   #2
sharpsicle
Certs You Dont Care About

Drives: 2013 Galaxy Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravr24 View Post
I don't have a multimeter to test the wires nor do i know how to use one.
Not to be that guy, but this right here is a problem. I would highly recommend you find someone local to give you a hand so you don't end up doing something on accident that you'll regret. I've seen it happen one too many times. I mean that video alone was painful to watch when they tried to fix the problem themselves.

One of the key things in electronics modification is testing and verifying the function of the wiring prior to and after modification. If you can't test or verify it, you risk causing other issues, potentially severe. If there is absolutely nobody that can help with this, I would still recommend getting a meter and learning how to use it prior to changing anything out.
sharpsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharpsicle For This Useful Post:
Will BRZ (12-01-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 01:01 AM   #3
Ta9mi

Drives: H8R Kouki ZN6
Currently also attempting something with 2017+ headlights, and I was going to assume this 8-pin from the BRZ is the same:

Ta9mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:14 PM   #4
gauravr24

Drives: 2017 gt86
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpsicle View Post
Not to be that guy, but this right here is a problem. I would highly recommend you find someone local to give you a hand so you don't end up doing something on accident that you'll regret. I've seen it happen one too many times. I mean that video alone was painful to watch when they tried to fix the problem themselves.

One of the key things in electronics modification is testing and verifying the function of the wiring prior to and after modification. If you can't test or verify it, you risk causing other issues, potentially severe. If there is absolutely nobody that can help with this, I would still recommend getting a meter and learning how to use it prior to changing anything out.
Hey - I figured out the fix was a lot easier and depinning was unnecessary. All i needed to do was switch the white and yellow wire from the headlight itself, there were little clips and it took 10 seconds. These headlights are really plug and play, I just wasn't looking in the right place. I figured out how to keep the DRLs on at all times as well. Easy fix.
gauravr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gauravr24 For This Useful Post:
scottryan (04-04-2024), Will BRZ (12-01-2020)