follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 07-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #2451
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Next time you catch him on the street Just light the guy up First through third gear done with it Bet he wouldn't be pulling up ever week after that. He is winning the mental game on you clearly since it's still on your mind lol..
Only problem with that is 3rd gear goes pretty quickly from, hey I'm going fast to, oh shit wtf I'm going fast..

Quote:
I’m only half serious. As a car Enthusiast individual at any age you either street race or you don’t. but if you don’t you tell the story of how you didn’t race.

I don’t go looking deliberately but some one can catch it at a light for sure if coast is clear. Naturally the car you drive will always attract that “race” vibe from other enthusiasts for better or worse. When you are with a good crowd it’s enjoyable with respect & trust but some random encounters can be annoying/pestering for people.

We don't speak about the unspoken rule here.

Cus family.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (07-11-2020), soundman98 (07-11-2020), Spuds (07-15-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 09:14 AM   #2452
Berserker

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Only problem with that is 3rd gear goes pretty quickly from, hey I'm going fast to, oh shit wtf I'm going fast..

We don't speak about the unspoken rule here.

Cus family.

I mean...Vs threads use to be actually enjoyable back in the day videos, actual races, local meets up's, trash talk between members. Apparently I missed the last part of the description in the title "You can kinda talk about racing but you can't, please post library stories here"

Carry on gents, I love hearing about races that didn't happen
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:47 AM   #2453
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,093 Times in 2,044 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
I mean...Vs threads use to be actually enjoyable back in the day videos, actual races, local meets up's, trash talk between members. Apparently I missed the last part of the description in the title "You can kinda talk about racing but you can't, please post library stories here"

Back in what day? dsmtuners.com is still around
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:10 AM   #2454
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,113 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Two Frenchie's with Quebec plates in a clapped out rusty civic hatch caught up to me on my drive home. I heard farts from the distant getting closer after taking a corner. Weaved around a bunch of traffic to get next to me at a red.

Ignored them, I assumed they were staring. Lights about to go green and they start revving. Then nearly stalls it, short shifts first, then the loudest slowest second gear pull next to my ears which actually pissed me off a bit. Unleashed all of the 106hp at best into my bleeding eardrum.
Got up to about 80 and slowed down for a roundabout.

I am driving normally the entire time, 10 over in a 60km. Downshift for the corner without braking(like normal) and pass him as he near stopped going through, then floored it again to attempt to pass me before the next roundabout. I made the first exit on my way home and carried on as usual.

I've since altered my route to and from home when I head to the shops, via a fun back road with no lights. I have had a number of people try and race me on this short 4-5km section of road near my house. The area was so bad that they're apparently putting a speed camera not far from there near a school in a attempt to curb the speeders
RToyo86 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
guitarman (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 11:29 AM   #2455
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:

eh. The whole idea behind that is to not promote racing, as many people will get in over their heads.

Trash talking is more of an older people thing I'd say, as the internet has evolved a little bit and people take shit way more personal than they ever did and don't really let it go. Unless of course, that's the kind drama you want.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (07-15-2020), Spuds (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 08:08 PM   #2456
TylerLieberman

Drives: '20 Hakone 86
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,572 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
I get somebody every week or so it seems that comes up real fast on my rear bumper and then swerves around me in an exuberant fashion to then speed off into the distance.

Most of them have their IG handles as a sticker on their window somewhere, so I just let it go. I don’t wanna be mean, considering they’ve got a smooth brain.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:08 AM   #2457
Ghost of Akina

Drives: DE5 Integra Type S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Went for a cruise this evening, the last stretch close to where I live is fairly new and empty road with some mild curves before it straightens out. Anyways was coming down the road when I passed a coffee shop and noticed a skyline turning out of the lot. Kept going roughly the speed limit which is 70 km. I notice these far away headlight getting closer real fast, and so I chuckled to myself thinking he is gonna race up and pull up beside me want to race...and yep some 20 something in an R34 gtt with his gf pull up beside my car and he starts revving...and of course it is a backfire tune..and sounded like crap. He does it three times and I let him do his thing he takes off lol. He slowed down to do it again I don't know thinking maybe he could convince me to race him but I had made it to my turn off so I turned and went home to watch Formula D with the wife lol. I'm 35 I don't need to be racing in the street anymore I prefer the track.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ghost of Akina; 08-02-2020 at 03:25 AM.
Ghost of Akina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:04 AM   #2458
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
LOL

This thread is funny

The only reason to not race in a twin is knowing that most sporty cars with more than 3 cylinders will smoke a twin.

Other car forums I'm in don't have a come race me bro thread, maybe because they are more mature? They do have threads for track times and time slips though....

Me, I didn't street race my NA 86 because it was slow, and even big sedans would have seen me off at the lights, and when boosted, a VAG GTI w/DSG is way quicker with only a tune.

But, it seems all the twins with loud exhausts and fart tunes want to run my old 4 door sedan.

And as I'm a old hoon who loves the loud pedal, I put them in their place.

Am I silly for taking the bait, nah, I love a good traffic light shuffle when it is safe to do so.

Do I care about what self righteous do gooders who claim they do no wrong say, not on your life, they are just whining Karens.

If you want to run it, then run it, if you don't, then STFU and, as someone else has stated, start a thread about your library adventures or the salad you had for lunch.
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (08-02-2020), soundman98 (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 10:23 AM   #2459
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
LOL

This thread is funny

The only reason to not race in a twin is knowing that most sporty cars with more than 3 cylinders will smoke a twin.

Other car forums I'm in don't have a come race me bro thread, maybe because they are more mature? They do have threads for track times and time slips though....

Me, I didn't street race my NA 86 because it was slow, and even big sedans would have seen me off at the lights, and when boosted, a VAG GTI w/DSG is way quicker with only a tune.

But, it seems all the twins with loud exhausts and fart tunes want to run my old 4 door sedan.

Am I silly for taking the bait, nah, I love a good traffic light shuffle when it is safe to do so.

Do I care about what self righteous do gooders who claim they do no wrong say, not on your life, they are just whining Karens.

If you want to run it, then run it, if you don't, then STFU and, as someone else has stated, start a thread about your library adventures or the salad you had for lunch.
I believe the original reason of this thread is exactly what you said. It's meant as a joke. But some take it serious or just want to post experiences they've had.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #2460
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
LOL

This thread is funny

They are just funny stories, chill bro, don't get your manhood insulted.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #2461
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,661 Times in 6,778 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
i've always found it interesting how many people want to race an otherwise unstellar car. other than some aesthetic exhaust tips, i'm entirely stock. i'm not noisier, of flashier, just 'showroom fresh' as they say...

a story i had from a few years ago

i was using the car to get to/from work for some time, leaving the pickup truck at home. for whatever reason, leaving work, i needed to make a hardware store run with the pickup truck for the upcoming weekend, so i ran home to make the switch.

so i drove home with the route i always take. except this time, some kids up the block were playing in their front yard. they saw me turn onto the block, and about 6 kids rushed to the very edge of the curb to stare at the car as i drive by. i park the car, grab the truck, and go the same way back out of the subdivision. and i laugh as i pass the same kids who don't pay any mind to my pickup truck as it goes by...

this car incites a passion in people that can't always be explained, even in stock form.
Ghost of Akina (08-02-2020), Hoahao (08-05-2020), new2subaru (08-03-2020), p1l0t (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #2462
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
i've always found it interesting how many people want to race an otherwise unstellar car. other than some aesthetic exhaust tips, i'm entirely stock. i'm not noisier, of flashier, just 'showroom fresh' as they say...

a story i had from a few years ago

i was using the car to get to/from work for some time, leaving the pickup truck at home. for whatever reason, leaving work, i needed to make a hardware store run with the pickup truck for the upcoming weekend, so i ran home to make the switch.

so i drove home with the route i always take. except this time, some kids up the block were playing in their front yard. they saw me turn onto the block, and about 6 kids rushed to the very edge of the curb to stare at the car as i drive by. i park the car, grab the truck, and go the same way back out of the subdivision. and i laugh as i pass the same kids who don't pay any mind to my pickup truck as it goes by...

this car incites a passion in people that can't always be explained, even in stock form.
Kids love the car.

The way I look at it is that kids are the most unbiased when it comes to looks of a vehicle. They will be the ones to truly let you know if a car looks good or not. Adults on the other hand, look too much at the price tag and 'status' behind certain vehicles, even if they are butt fugly like a G wagon or Bugatti.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
DriveDriftDogfight86 (08-02-2020), Ghost of Akina (08-02-2020), HachiRokuX (08-02-2020), p1l0t (08-02-2020), soundman98 (08-02-2020), trvth (09-01-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 01:37 PM   #2463
Ghost of Akina

Drives: DE5 Integra Type S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Kids love the car.

The way I look at it is that kids are the most unbiased when it comes to looks of a vehicle. They will be the ones to truly let you know if a car looks good or not. Adults on the other hand, look too much at the price tag and 'status' behind certain vehicles, even if they are butt fugly like a G wagon or Bugatti.
Good point that's very true about alot of things in life. I have two young kids and if I ever want an unbiased honest (sometimes painfully) opinion I ask the kids.

They don't get caught up in price tag, or what's acceptable or expected just what they like and what's cool or exciting. Heck that's how I feel about the twin, I still turn my head when I see another one yet don't notice more expensive cars.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
DriveDriftDogfight86 (08-02-2020), HachiRokuX (08-02-2020), Jordanwolf (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #2464
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Quote:
They are just funny stories, chill bro, don't get your manhood insulted.
My manhood is solid

I think it's funny because some of these posters are suggesting that their twin would have a chance

Or that their moral high ground puts them above a bit of traffic light fun

I'm curious how many of these posters have illegally modified cars
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
STV3 (08-05-2020)