follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 08-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Thumbs up KI_ZN6 - HID POWERHOUSE

I am very happy with my recent purchase from KI_ZN6 of HID POWERHOUSE here on the forum, and I have nothing but positive commentary to say with regards to dealing with Kenneth (KI_ZN6) and the quality of the products I've purchased from him.

This might be a bit lengthier of a review, so feel free to walk away with that if you're on the fence about purchasing from HID POWERHOUSE - I trust Kenneth to take care of me, and I will be making additional purchases from him in the future for all of my HID, LED, and other lighting needs.

----------

I'm a customer that takes a lot of convincing - I need to ask a lot of questions, and do a lot of research before I feel safe committing to a purchase.

Kenneth stuck with me all of the way throughout our exchange in PM, and answered each of my questions with the same positive attitude, decorum, and patience as he had the first time I contacted him.

Kenneth won over my trust with his integrity and the quality of his products while I was still shopping around for LEDs, and asking the same questions to several other vendors here; I didn't expect that I would be able to, and feel comfortable purchasing all of my lighting from the same place, but again - I couldn't argue with the quality of the products offered by HID POWERHOUSE, their aggressive pricing, and sincerity with helping me get the look that I wanted to achieve through upgrading the lighting on my vehicle.

Kenneth was frank with me, and I appreciated that - if he didn't have exactly what I wanted, he was honest about it, and didn't try to sell me something that was "close enough" to what I was looking for; for example, I wanted to disable my parking lights, so their function would only be as turn signals, hazards, and when locking or unlocking the car, and Kenneth was able to fulfill that for me by offering me a single filament bulb that looked fantastic, and made it so my parking lights functioned exactly as I wanted them to.

Another vendor on the forum couldn't do this for me, and instead suggested that I purchase their switchbacks (expensive) and cut the wiring on them that enabled the parking lights. To me, that sounded like money being wasted on a product that I would be butchering, and creating a mess of unnecessary wiring that I didn't want to deal with - I wanted a plug-and-play option.

Being a bit of a perfectionist, and overwhelmed by all of the lighting options available to me (color, brightness, pricing), Kenneth understood my needs better than I thought anyone could, and he helped me get exactly what I wanted.

This left me both satisfied with my purchase and relieved - often I have had people simply try to sell me their higher priced item, or a random assortment of their product that might, or might not be what I wanted because I was in the position of begin a vulnerable consumer that relied on them to help me purchase what I wanted - only to come out of it dissatisfied, and with less money in my bank account.

I was so happy with my original purchase after receiving and installing all of it, that I made another purchase right after that to upgrade the rest of my exterior lighting that previously I didn't think I had a problem with until I was able to compare it to the beautiful crisp, clean, white lighting that I had now upgraded to.

Kenneth - thank you so much!

Here is a list of what I purchased as well as a few images that do not do enough justice to the products I've purchased from HID POWERHOUSE.

----------

What did I purchase?

DRL LED - CREE FlashWhite Ultra White LED, stage 5.

Side marker LED - SCX Diamond White Samsung LED, stage 3.

Front parking light and turn signal LED - Lumiere CREE Xtreme White LED, stage 3 - single filament bulb to disable the parking light, and function whenever the light would be in a "blinking" state eg turn signal, hazard light, or toggled with the key fob.

I oped for this since I had just installed the DD fog light kit - I felt that the amber (stock) parking light drowned out the yellow glow from the 2500k bulb I installed, and made the front look "too busy" at night now that I had the fog light kit.

Headlight HID - EuroR H11 6000k HID System (thanks to @Dezoris for the DIY installation video for this).

License plate LED - SCX Diamond White LED, stage 3.

Reverse LED - CREE FlashWhite LED, stage 3.

Beautiful DRL LEDs - I was so happy with how these turned out, and I love seeing their crisp, diamond-like reflection on cars in front of me while I'm driving during the day instead of the dull stock-amber color.

The picture above shows the HID kit that I purchased - I asked Kenneth to help choose the right kit for me, and requested that it be a close color-match to my side marker and DRL LEDs - his recommendation was a great choice!

DRL and side marker LEDs - the picture above might not look it, but they're well color-matched. They make the front end look modern, and like it all came that way from the factory.

The light being emitted in front of the vehicle in the above picture is solely from the turn signals in the parking lights (this was taken in my garage when it was completely dark). If I didn't opt to disable my parking lights, between them and the DRLs, I could have perfectly good visibility in most cases at night while driving around with just the DRL and parking lights enabled, and the headlights off.

Again, all of these pictures were just quick pictures that I took with my phone, and while some of the lighting might appear to have a slightly blue hue to it, all of the lighting in fact is a crisp, clean, and pure white when viewed IRL. Thanks again to Kenneth for making me a satisfied customer!

Last edited by Ammunition; 08-10-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ammunition For This Useful Post:
JR007 (08-19-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 12:56 AM   #2
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Ken is pretty amazing in terms of vendor support, pre and post sales. Its rare when it comes to lighting. I had the same experience and just got a full kit in from him for the Mazda and its all top quality.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #3
JR007

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
Ken is pretty amazing in terms of vendor support, pre and post sales. Its rare when it comes to lighting. I had the same experience and just got a full kit in from him for the Mazda and its all top quality.
Same experience here as well. Kenneth simply put is amazing and always willing to answer any/all questions and the products are top notch!
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JR007 For This Useful Post:
KI_ZN6 (09-14-2014)