follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #29
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
I thought of something that might fit in with your list:

If your engine sounds like a tractor when under load and at low RPM, thats normal too haha. Every time I drive up parking lot ramps to the next floor, my car sounds like a tractor
Cuz Direct Injection. The fuel pump chirp usually would mask that.

Everytime my BRZ neighbor comes home I can hear his fuel pump chirping from a block away.

Another thing is that I got to tell my passenger to pull the seat belt with their opposite hand so they won't rip the seat belt holding strap off.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:32 AM   #30
Rifle
EX-86 Supercharged God

Drives: '16 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKane01 View Post
Thanks alot!

Coming from a 01' Integra, I am not deceived by smaller cars with four bangers. I know these things are more than meets the eye lol. That's why I bought it. Its a car that fits into my psyche already.

My Limited is my DD I'm at 700mi in 5 days. But. That's counting the 5 hour trip to bring it home. I don't think our insurance is that far off actually. I will be paying $117 USD a month.
Well, my insurance is $277/mo. But then again, I'm 21, with full coverage, with a previous accident, and I live in a super busy city :P So, can't even compare! But, you'll learn to love the car. Then you'll start doing basic modifications. Then the bug will bite you.. next thing you know.. you're like $10k+ deep into the car... a second time.... oh wait, that's me. :P
Old 05-07-2016, 12:59 PM   #31
BDKane01

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
Well, my insurance is $277/mo. But then again, I'm 21, with full coverage, with a previous accident, and I live in a super busy city :P So, can't even compare! But, you'll learn to love the car. Then you'll start doing basic modifications. Then the bug will bite you.. next thing you know.. you're like $10k+ deep into the car... a second time.... oh wait, that's me. :P
Hahaha wow. Yeah, our situations are different. I'm slightly older than you at 24 in a not so busy city.

I don't know about all that haha. I'm not one for a bunch of mods aside rims/tires. Never have been. But, as you have stated theres a rabbit hole for the twins. Alot of after market focus is on them right now.
BDKane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #32
Speed2th
I love my series blue brz

Drives: 2010 335d
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
you can sync your cell phone text message to the head unit. so when you receive a text, your head unit will notify you and ask if you would like to read (it will speak out the text like the navigation voice) or ignore it. safer than read off your phone or trying to get your phone out of your pocket.
Speed2th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:56 PM   #33
Thehermdawg
Just Some Dude

Drives: 14 FR-S Raven A/T
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
As a Subaru owner, you are now legally obligated to vape 24/7, no excuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket.BRZ View Post
But the party has just begun.
Thehermdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:15 PM   #34
PandaSPUR
PandaPandaPandaPandaPanda

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
Quote:
Hahaha wow. Yeah, our situations are different. I'm slightly older than you at 24 in a not so busy city.

I don't know about all that haha. I'm not one for a bunch of mods aside rims/tires. Never have been. But, as you have stated theres a rabbit hole for the twins. Alot of after market focus is on them right now.
$380 a month for me.... 24 years old, only driver in the family and thus on the policy. NYC. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2th View Post
you can sync your cell phone text message to the head unit. so when you receive a text, your head unit will notify you and ask if you would like to read (it will speak out the text like the navigation voice) or ignore it. safer than read off your phone or trying to get your phone out of your pocket.
I had to disable this. It would keep notifying me of the same message even after I hit ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehermdawg View Post
As a Subaru owner, you are now legally obligated to vape 24/7, no excuses.
Hey. i resent that.
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #35
justatroll

Drives: Full race 4cyl boxer
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justatroll View Post
I read about how people were having trouble with the window drive circuitry and I thought there was even a Tech Note about it and the dealers were replacing a lot.

Anyway, mine never seemed to work right (like you had to tell it more than once).

So when the car was in for some other maint. I asked them to look at it.
They said "It seems to work fine. And.... did you know that you have to pull the passenger switch twice for auto close?"

Now that I try it, that is how it seems to work.
I tried this again today, and now it works like @extrashaky said above.
My battery got replaced, maybe it worked different before and it defaulted back to factory settings?
justatroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:42 PM   #36
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

A lot of people think mods are some sort of hardcore crowd thing. Not saying this is necessarily you, but in my case I had just spent big on a brand new car and the last thing I wanted to do was plow even more money into it.

After driving round a while I realized I hated the gear leaver for the AT. Its some cheap looking and feeling plastic POS of a thing. Handily in reading our awesome forums I cam across https://www.japanparts.com/ and realized I could not only buy an amazing leather and aluminum shifter, but all sorts of other things and at literally less than half the cost of getting the same from my local dealer.

Soon followed by the STI push start and then, going off my signature, the bigger ticket items soon followed.. Orz

Its kinda like anything in life, the more you tinker, the easier things you thought were simply impossible, become easy. Like helping a young couple with changing a wheel at the local servo yesterday. They were all clueless as to what to do and even what a jack was. Both learned something and will find it easier next time. Camry drivers... hate to pigeon hole, but I had a chuckle.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
BDKane01 (05-08-2016)
Old 05-07-2016, 11:46 PM   #37
Pat.Thornton

Drives: 2014' 86
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Why so much frs hate i thought we were all friends lol.

One more thing to add...

There is a button in the left side of the trunk that disables your ability to unlock the trunk with the button on the key, and in the car. You must use the key to unlock it manually. Sometimes if you have things rolling around in the trunk it will hit the button and you will be confused as to why your trunk wont open.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pat.Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #38
PandaSPUR
PandaPandaPandaPandaPanda

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
A lot of people think mods are some sort of hardcore crowd thing. Not saying this is necessarily you, but in my case I had just spent big on a brand new car and the last thing I wanted to do was plow even more money into it.

After driving round a while I realized I hated the gear leaver for the AT. Its some cheap looking and feeling plastic POS of a thing. Handily in reading our awesome forums I cam across https://www.japanparts.com/ and realized I could not only buy an amazing leather and aluminum shifter, but all sorts of other things and at literally less than half the cost of getting the same from my local dealer.

Soon followed by the STI push start and then, going off my signature, the bigger ticket items soon followed.. Orz

Its kinda like anything in life, the more you tinker, the easier things you thought were simply impossible, become easy. Like helping a young couple with changing a wheel at the local servo yesterday. They were all clueless as to what to do and even what a jack was. Both learned something and will find it easier next time. Camry drivers... hate to pigeon hole, but I had a chuckle.
At least they found the jack... lol
Some people dont even know their car has a spare tire in the trunk.
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:37 AM   #39
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Camry drivers... hate to pigeon hole, but I had a chuckle.
It's Always a Fucking Camry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat.Thornton View Post
Why so much frs hate i thought we were all friends lol.
It's not hate on the FR-S in particular. It's disgust with the douchey Scion brand. Now that it's officially a Toyota, it won't be so bad going forward.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:04 AM   #40
ed_423

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2th View Post
is this only for 2015 or below? i don't think my 2016 headunit (which is different) has that function
ed_423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:33 AM   #41
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_423 View Post
is this only for 2015 or below? i don't think my 2016 headunit (which is different) has that function

Do you have GPS? I added GPS to my 2015 head unit (completely different to yours) and now it can read the text messages at will.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:47 AM   #42
ed_423

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Do you have GPS? I added GPS to my 2015 head unit (completely different to yours) and now it can read the text messages at will.
nope, they took out gps unit for 2016
ed_423 is offline   Reply With Quote